Chennai RE characters

Last updated: May 12 2010
13 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Chennai RE characters

Originally posted by ferrous_1 View Post
    Someone unintentionally revived this thread so I'll add my five paisas worth.
    One thing I must say is thanks to whoever created this forum. Great tool where the informed and the less informed share the same stage. A place where we can share, discuss and help us understand where we stand in the world of RE and where it is headed.

To begin with we are people from different walks of life.
    We each have different backgrounds and different experiences in RE.
    Some of us are first time home buyers who are excited to buy our first house or flat. It is the probably the biggest investment we will ever make in our lives. We are scared, nervous but excited about owning a piece of RE. RE gives us a sense of being a part of the community which we can call our own, be proud to invite friends and family over, something to leave behind for our children to enjoy etc etc
    Then there are the RE speculators using RE as a vehicle to get ahead.
    Then we have RE developers and mega buck corporations.

On this forum I have seen Economists, Intellectuals, RE professionals, Financial experts and the list goes on. The different views expressed is what brings out the best in us. Just when you think you made your point somebody else counters and makes you think twice. But all in all our discussion makes everybody benefit from each others view.
    Thanks to all of you for your valuable input. I never get tired of reading your views no matter how different it is from mine.

One last thing I would like to say is, if you have a view put it out here and if someone has a different view let's be mature enough to respect it rather than be verbally abusive. Lets all agree to disagree... it makes the world a better place to live in.

Cheers
    Well said mate.

Comment

I dont think anyone has right to ask why Iyengar is using his community name. You can add your's if you want - its a user name. What harkiri and economist mean? In fact Indian Govt. is trying to make caste-wise census. Pl. forward your thoughts to Manmohan and others.
      Dont deviate from this forum's purpose.
      I feel Iyengar is correct in his observation; while most of the users post comments in matured way; there are some who make it a personal forum to take out their personal anguish at others and Iyengar has pointed it out correctly. Such people spoil the purpose of the forum. Definitely moderator of this forum should be more vigilant.

Comment

forum's purpose.

Originally posted by greschennai View Post
        I dont think anyone has right to ask why Iyengar is using his community name. You can add your's if you want - its a user name. What harkiri and economist mean? In fact Indian Govt. is trying to make caste-wise census. Pl. forward your thoughts to Manmohan and others.
        Dont deviate from this forum's purpose.
        I feel Iyengar is correct in his observation; while most of the users post comments in matured way; there are some who make it a personal forum to take out their personal anguish at others and Iyengar has pointed it out correctly. Such people spoil the purpose of the forum. Definitely moderator of this forum should be more vigilant.
        Mr.Aiyangar is the one deviates the forum's purpose into finding
        'most loved person' and 'most unwanted person'. Is it necessary for a Real estate forum?

We are living in 21st century. Still people getting proud of showing
        their caste name! What a shame! That is why India is having social problems.

Comment

Originally posted by harikri66 View Post
          Mr.Aiyangar is the one deviates the forum's purpose into finding
          'most loved person' and 'most unwanted person'. Is it necessary for a Real estate forum?

We are living in 21st century. Still people getting proud of showing
          their caste name! What a shame! That is why India is having social problems.
          Young man caste is used for reservations and vote banks by 21st century politicians in our country and they are not ashamed of it.where is the shame?people have forgotten the meaning of shame.Now people are proud of their religion and caste is slowly taking a back seat.Love for religion in the extreme creates terrorists.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
          Working...
          X