Is anybody booked Plot in Thaiyur under Adyar Co-operative society.

I have booked a plot in 2007 and there is no positive reply from this society whenever contacted after that.

Similar victims can form a group and take some legal action against this Society.
Read more
26 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • what problem you faced with them
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by irefuser
    Is anybody booked Plot in Thaiyur under Adyar Co-operative society. I would like to take some severe actions against this society.

I have booked a plot in 2007 and there is no positive reply from this society whenever contacted after that.

Similar victims can form a group and take some legal actions against this Society. Please send your opinions and we can do something against this society.

I believe this society cheats the people and the people confidence in the society.

Awaiting for positive reply

What do you mean by getting cheated?didnt you get your land registered?

Generally society plots have clear titles.

After booking with such co-operative society you are required to become member of the society to be eligible for exemption of 8% stamp duty during registration.did you become a member? do you have proof of your payment details?
    CommentQuote

I have paid registration and advance fee after becoming membership..

This society started to sell the plots before land conersion approval from agri to resi and without approval from respective authorities. Also they don't have layout approval.

I believe this is illegal kind of doing business by this society..

The decision was to go with the society is purely based on the confidance about society...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by irefuser
    I have paid registration and advance fee after becoming membership..

This society started to sell the plots before land conersion approval from agri to resi and without approval from respective authorities. Also they don't have layout approval.

I believe this is illegal kind of doing business by this society..

The decision was to go with the society is purely based on the confidance about society...

From your reply its still not clear whether you got the land registered, or only handed over the registration and booking amount to the society.Maybe the conversion/approval is facing problems.

Neverthless, What the society has done is not fair, ask for a refund.Contact others similar like you, who have invested here and take it up accordingly.You can scout for them in other forums where they actively discuss specific projects.
    CommentQuote
  • regd adayar coop building society

i HAD TOO PURCHASED THE GROUND FROM ADAYAR COOP BUILDING SOCIETY 2 YEARS AGO BUT STILL THEY KEPT ON SAYING THAT THE LAND WILL GET APPROVED BUT NOTHING TILL NOW.
    NIOT SURE WHAT TO DO.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi

The best way is to form a group and approach society as soon as possible.

You can send your opinon to my mail id.. usery1175#yahoo.com
    CommentQuote
  • Dear friends,

So, one need to be careful with Coop. Societies also in buying the plots. Simply trusting them and going ahead may also put one into problem.

ks2071746
    CommentQuote
  • Be careful with property auctioned out by banks. They too have problems KS.
    CommentQuote
  • I have also paid in April 2007

Iam waiting for more then 2 years now,no improvement,they requested for 50% of the land value and said they will get the layout approval within 1 month,but its already 2 years over , no sign of improvement,please suggest what to be done .
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Natarajg007
    Be careful with property auctioned out by banks. They too have problems KS.

Dear friend,

You are not wrong. One need to be very careful on RE purchases, be it from any body. None regrets cheating any one in this country. Any one can cheat any one else without caste, creed, friendship, even blood relations etc. and go scotch free. There seem to be no limit on value or time to cheat.

ks2071746
    CommentQuote
  • Hi all

I know a few friends who have also paid the adyar coop society for lands and facing same problems like not getting land or money back...

do you know any place where all such people have formed aforum...
    if not it is better we do it at the earliest...
    CommentQuote
  • IS it a Fraud or slow action and improper planning

Hi,
    I also booked 2 plots in 2007. Already 2 years gone. But, they say, conversion was delayed for 16 months and major delay is due to that. Now, they say, they added few 1500 sq ft plots and this along with removal of layout marking due to rain delayed the process. NOw, they say papers are in DTCP, Chennai and approval would be in, during first week of June. With Govt Special Officer inside, if these things happen, then there is no point in having special officers in the societies.
    Some are contempating criminal action.
    Please join hands and move forward.
    Raja
    CommentQuote
  • If something is going cheap, like a land in Adayar, then there is something fishy! Right? If one does not understand it then they have to spend their entire life in litigations.
    CommentQuote
  • All societies are like that.I had bad experience in Bangalore.
    I paid 25% in 2006 and another 50% in 2007,they have not given the land yet.
    Bangalore is full of this abuse by societies and that is now in TN.
    They advertise and collect money from public when they only have an agreement on a farmland,By the time they register the farmland they would have got well over the purchase price from members.Then they collect interest from the surplus and slowly apply for layout with local Gov.In the mean time they will also increase the PerSq Ft price aswel. By the time you get the land registered in your name it would be 5 years or more.
    The directors of the societies are corrupt.People fall for the Society name.
    CommentQuote
  • adyar co op building society - non regn of plot/non-refund

Seven of us have joined and lodged complaint with commissioner, co op socities, chennai, CM Cell, CHennai and Commissioner of Police, CHennai.
    Please join a forum by sharing your mail id and details to v_rajasekar_99yahoo.com

We can keep our contcts updated, so that, we can do a united action.

Now also the society claim that they are in the final stage of approval.

Please update your contacts and find out how many of us are victims, so that, we can go for collective action.
    CommentQuote