HI all,

I am a resident of Chennai. I have a mad desire of getting a land in Chennai but the prices doesn't let me to plot in any piece of land inside Chennai.

I would like to know which are the places in and around Chennai best suited for residential land provided the budget being 10-20 Lacs. The plot area might vary from 1800 sq ft to any value.

Kindly suggest me the places around Chennai which are expected to see good growth. It is a kind of urgency. Please do reply.

Thanks for your help( in advance)
Read more
Reply
32 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Dear friend,

    Selayur in East tambaram is possibly a place where one can get, a little away from the main Velachery- Tambaram Road in your price range, a plot of 1200 sq. ft. A little further away may get you 1800+ sq. ft. These are the areas amenable for faster appreciation once the downtrend in economy gets arrested.

    ks2071746
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by arunachudh
    HI all,

    I am a resident of chennai. I have a mad desire of getting a land in chennai but the prices doesnot let me to plot in any piece of land inside chennai.

    i would like to know which are the places in and around chennai best suited for residential land provided the budget being 10-20 Lacs. The plot area might vary from 1800 sq ft to any value.

    Kindly suggest me the places arund chennai which are expected to see good growth. It is a kind of urgency. Please do reply.

    Thanks for your help( in advance)


    Dear friend

    In areas like thiruverkkadu, Mangadu, Nanmangalam, Urappakkam you can get residential plots within your budget.

    First two areas are nearest to the city limits.

    You may try searching in these areas.

    Thanks

    chataara
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by arunachudh
    HI all,

    I am a resident of chennai. I have a mad desire of getting a land in chennai but the prices doesnot let me to plot in any piece of land inside chennai.

    i would like to know which are the places in and around chennai best suited for residential land provided the budget being 10-20 Lacs. The plot area might vary from 1800 sq ft to any value.

    Kindly suggest me the places arund chennai which are expected to see good growth. It is a kind of urgency. Please do reply.

    Thanks for your help( in advance)


    Dear Friend,

    First of all, you should not buy because you are having a mad desire to buy land.

    Buying land whatever be your budget is not like buying new dress for Festival. There are crocodiles and sharks out there.

    Buy land when you are serious and wait if you can't now, and when you are ready to buy, buy big (1/2 ground or 3/4 ground depending on location) with budget of 40-50 lakhs nearer to city limits. Your chances of getting land in a planned layout with all legal clearances will be higher.
    CommentQuote
  • Dear friend,

    I agree with you.

    ks2071746
    CommentQuote
  • Within your budget, you can not buy in Tiruverkadu,Mangadu also. Try in Sriperumbudur area or near Mahindra world city area.

    These can appreciate after some time as these will become part of NEW CHENNAI
    CommentQuote
  • ]http://business.rediff.com/report/2009/apr/29/perfin-housing-prices-could-fall-25-percent-more.htm
    CommentQuote
  • Low Budjet Plots near railway station

    Dear friends,
    This is let all know there is good plots avaliable in dhidivanam for budjet rates.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by joshetell
    Dear friends,
    This is let all know there is good plots avaliable in dhidivanam for budjet rates.


    Dear friend,

    Tindivanam is a far away place from Chennai. You will have to toll charges at 2 places. Better to be nearer to the Chennai city limits.

    ks2071746
    CommentQuote
  • I guess in Tindivanam people speak in terms of acres, not is squarefeet. For your budget you can get 1/2-1 acre of land and may be more. Also it is 128 km from Adyar... check in google maps for remote places since the price for remote places mabe tacky but catchy....
    CommentQuote
  • Dindivanam and Chennai are like North and South pole.
    CommentQuote
  • Everyone of us is only recommending south chennai like tambaram road, OMR, GST road, velachery road etc.

    What about investing in land in North Chennai like Red hills, Kolkota highway, New Avadi road, Gummidipoondi. Any suggestions???

    What about buying some land in old areas like tiruvottiyur, royapuram (if available) at comparitively lower prices. Given the population density won't the value of land in north chennai like royapuram (given comparitively lower prices)be valuable for commercial purposes like shops etc.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by contra
    Everyone of us is only recommending south chennai like tambaram road, OMR, GST road, velachery road etc.

    What about investing in land in North Chennai like Red hills, Kolkota highway, New Avadi road, Gummidipoondi. Any suggestions???

    What about buying some land in old areas like tiruvottiyur, royapuram (if available) at comparitively lower prices. Given the population density won't the value of land in north chennai like royapuram (given comparitively lower prices)be valuable for commercial purposes like shops etc.


    Dear friend,

    These are also potential areas for future appreciation. Only thing is that these are a little away from IT companies concentration and away from airport.

    Southern side of Chennai getting developed fast is due to IT companies location.

    ks2071746
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by contra
    Everyone of us is only recommending south chennai like tambaram road, OMR, GST road, velachery road etc.

    What about investing in land in North Chennai like Red hills, Kolkota highway, New Avadi road, Gummidipoondi. Any suggestions???

    What about buying some land in old areas like tiruvottiyur, royapuram (if available) at comparitively lower prices. Given the population density won't the value of land in north chennai like royapuram (given comparitively lower prices)be valuable for commercial purposes like shops etc.


    The areas mentioned by you didnt boom as much as other places in south chennai.The reasons primarily being less hype about new infrastructure development and foreign investment.Absence of IT was a major factor.

    Next to GST, Avadi Road and Kolkata Highway are very well connected.During the next boom, these places have the potential to make it big and give good returns compared to other places in chennai.

    Coming to where one can expect to see good growth.I feel its safe to follow where the government have planned some infrastructure development.

    Some developments in the pipeline are

    1.Outer Ring Road (connects and intersects all the major highways)
    2.Metro Rail system.(one line till washermanpet)

    Investment wise, Locations on the avadi/kolkata highway before where the outer ring road intersects and within the proposed north chennai corporation limits are good prospects.
    CommentQuote
  • One comment I heard from a relative about 5 years ago. Dont go outside in North Chennai after 6pm. It is dangerous. This might have/have not changed, I dont know. However that is reason enough for the low rise in prices there.
    CommentQuote
  • meteoric rise in prices

    Dear friends,
    It is not exactly true that prices have not gone up as much in
    north chennai as in south.Whereever there has been infrastructure
    improvementthere has been a significant rise.For instance,a plot
    my friend bought a decode ago for a lakh or so is now worth thirty
    lakhs after the kolkotta highway has been laid.However,flooding
    and poor water quality is still a problem.The big plus is that areas like
    retteri etc are just a half an hour away from city centre,but are still
    available at much less than the cost of an apartment..:)
    CommentQuote