HI all,

I am a resident of Chennai. I have a mad desire of getting a land in Chennai but the prices doesn't let me to plot in any piece of land inside Chennai.

I would like to know which are the places in and around Chennai best suited for residential land provided the budget being 10-20 Lacs. The plot area might vary from 1800 sq ft to any value.

Kindly suggest me the places around Chennai which are expected to see good growth. It is a kind of urgency. Please do reply.

Thanks for your help( in advance)
Read more
32 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Yesterday I got an SMS to my Chennai number from some land developer with following message

"For best investment plots Thindivanam going cheap!Rs.50 per sqft for credit card holders." I will not reveal the advertisers name & number.

The question is what is the guarantee or safety of buying plots in Thindivanam from a unknown land developer?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by contra
    Yesterday I got an SMS to my Chennai number from some land developer with following message

"For best investment plots Thindivanam going cheap!Rs.50 per sqft for credit card holders." I will not reveal the advertisers name & number.

The question is what is the guarantee or safety of buying plots in Thindivanam from a unknown land developer?

I would not buy a plot in Tindivanam, especially if like Contra I am Bangalore based. Remember, managing a plot is an activity by itself. I have lived in Tindivanam long long ago, when Ramadoss was not a Politician but a simple Govt. Doctor. I started schooling there.
    I wont buy a plot there for SURE. So if you have some business there, then go and buy otherwise u r commiting hara kari.
    CommentQuote
  • managing a plot

Dear friend Nataraj,
    It is clear that you have experience in investing and managing
    property.I have plots in faraway sriperumbudur and coimbatore which i have never visited after buying.What exactly do you mean by "managing
    a plot is an activity in itself" ?
    regards
    unlikely
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by unlikely
    Dear friend Nataraj,
    It is clear that you have experience in investing and managing
    property.I have plots in faraway sriperumbudur and coimbatore which i have never visited after buying.What exactly do you mean by "managing
    a plot is an activity in itself" ?
    regards
    unlikely

Can you locate your plot? Is the plot taken over by encroachers? Is it possible for you to sell your plot?
    If you can answer this question with YES for all above then you are fine.
    CommentQuote
  • It is guduvanchery, vandallur which is off chennai main city. Prices are increasing very much these days. Very soon it is going to be greater chennai.Anything between RS 1500- 1850 is guaranteed per SQFT here
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by talentos
    you are calling dindivanam a far away place? The old concept of distances are no longer valid; now, just imagine you are living in tambaram and have a plot/friend in thiruvottiyour. You and i start from tambaram by car at the same time : You go to tiruvottiyur 'inside the city' and i go to 'far away' dindivanam. Who do you think will reach first?
    The conditions of road facility etc has made distances shorter ...so the old method of measuring distances by length is out now and distances are measured in terms of driving time....

dey eannala sathyama mudiyalada saaaami
    please eannna kaaaapathungadaaaa please kennji kekaren
    CommentQuote
  • Reminds of an old incident, a broker once told me several years back that there was a plot in Thoraipakkam for 25 lakhs. He said it is a great offer not to be missed as land price in that area was 50 lakhs per ground. There was one problem however, it was in the middle of a pond and you can't see it. He was confident that in a few years as people start building more houses, the pond will dry up and we can see our plot.

Reminds of "kappalla velai (ship job)" comedy in Sethupathy IPS movie :)
    CommentQuote
  • Buy the land in V-K road as the apartments in the V-K road will take lot of time to give any good returns
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Love4land
    Reminds of an old incident, a broker once told me several years back that there was a plot in Thoraipakkam for 25 lakhs. He said it is a great offer not to be missed as land price in that area was 50 lakhs per ground. There was one problem however, it was in the middle of a pond and you can't see it. He was confident that in a few years as people start building more houses, the pond will dry up and we can see our plot.

Reminds of "kappalla velai (ship job)" comedy in Sethupathy IPS movie :)

Haha...
    Height of real estate scam.
    CommentQuote
  • If its purely for investment purpose, you can buy plots near oragadam with your budget
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by kalaitbm
    If its purely for investment purpose, you can buy plots near oragadam with your budget

look for areas surrounding proposed cmbt 2.areas like mannivakam,padapai,varadarajapuram,kishkintha road in tambaram west.
    CommentQuote
  • As per my consideration the next fast developing area in chennai is Malayambakkam exactly located poonamallee(Behind) from mangadu temple 1.5km ( near to outer ring road ) from poonamalle just 5 min ( from ORR service service road u can go )

outer ring road is yet to open, land acquisition & bridge construction is almost over, the area connects with service road lot of bus stands are constructed over here. once this project is completed the land rate will go high.now the area looks like a village in quick span of time u can see the difference. check and invest and earn more...
    CommentQuote
  • HI friend,
    you can go for maraimalai nagar , SP kovil, or kancheepuram there u can get almost 1/2 an acre.....
    CommentQuote
  • Yeen da Yeen??
    Free ah irukiya? its a 2 year old thread...
    summaaaa......
    CommentQuote
  • Suggestions: Plot for around 20 Lakhs in Chennai

Hi,

I am planning to buy a residential plot in Chennai (preferably in South Chennai) in another 2 months. The purpose as of now is investment but I might move to that place by constructing a home after few years. I am looking for a plot ranging from 1800 to 2400 sq. ft and plots with DTCP or CMDA approvals.

Could anyone please let me know which place is good and secure. My budget is around 18-20 Lakhs.

Thanks,
    CommentQuote