“Every month we are seeing an increase in enquiries and demand for loans. The drop in demand for home loans is a myth created by the media,” said Keki Mistry, HDFC vice-chairman and managing director.

I told you guys, don't listen to bears...fundamentals for real estate particularly in a young India are strong.

]http://www.livemint.com/2009/05/05005458/HDFC-net-profit-up-on-rising-l.html?h=A1

HDFC beat profit forecasts of even street due to increase in home loan demand......inspite of heavy competition from PSU banks
Read more
96 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by BigBear
    Average ticket size of 15 lakhs indicates they had not given loans to buy over-priced (bad)RE.
    I didnt say there is no value in RE.I am saying there is no value at today's price.

ok Big B so HDFC is solid and hence i interpret that the hyped up threat of foreclosures aint there.therefore the resultant crash bcoz of foreclosed properties flooding the mkt seems to be a bleak possibility(or you wouldnt have seen value in HDFC)

one more reason why RE in good localities will not crash.....;)
    CommentQuote
  • Dear friend,

People feared, the situation as is in US may also come to India and may result in collapse of the RE field in this country. This has not happened here. The RE corrections have come in and are continuing. The situation like US will not come to India as the reasons for such happening in US will not be applicable in India. Lendors are more careful here and those seeking loans also realise their capacity now and in the long run to manage the loans.

ks2071746
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by abk
    ok Big B so HDFC is solid and hence i interpret that the hyped up threat of foreclosures aint there.therefore the resultant crash bcoz of foreclosed properties flooding the mkt seems to be a bleak possibility(or you wouldnt have seen value in HDFC)

one more reason why RE in good localities will not crash.....;)

I never knew we can buy RE in good localities for 15 lakh which is the average ticket size of HDFC.:D
    Moreover now you cannot construct house even in chengalpet for 15 lakhs.That itself shows how overhyped RE price.
    HDFC fell from a high of rs. 3060 in Jan 2008 to rs.1200 in the same year.
    So as per logic RE has to fall drastically since hdfc is the torchbearer of RE as you told.
    CommentQuote
  • Dear friend,

The same logic of the ratio of fall in the HDFC share prices to similar level in the RE market may not hold water pl.

ks2071746
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ks2071746
    Dear friend,

The same logic of the ratio of fall in the HDFC share prices to similar level in the RE market may not hold water pl.

ks2071746

KS

Corrected the post.In stock markets oil companies are down since oil price had gone down.Metal companies are down since metal price had gone down.Same holds good for most of the commodities.So if RE companies and companies like hdfc are going down that means RE price is down or going down.There will be lot of contradicting statements regarding the fall percentage as RE is not as transparently traded like oil,metal and other commodities.But truth is fall is inevitable and has already started.
    CommentQuote
    I never knew we can buy RE in good localities for 15 lakh which is the average ticket size of HDFC.:D
    Moreover now you cannot construct house even in chengalpet for 15 lakhs.That itself shows how overhyped RE price.
    HDFC fell from a high of rs. 3060 in Jan 2008 to rs.1200 in the same year.
    So as per logic RE has to fall drastically since hdfc is the torchbearer of RE as you told.

these are your statements interpreted by me.i have said nothing.

i never said HDFC is the torchbearer i have already said before the sen (realty index)represent few companies of which 38% is DLF's weightage.and in no way is an indicator of RE
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by abk
    these are your statements interpreted by me.i have said nothing.

i never said HDFC is the torchbearer i have already said before the sen (realty index)represent few companies of which 38% is DLF's weightage.and in no way is an indicator of RE

Contra said it and since you jumped into this discussion I thought you were supporting him.
    CommentQuote
    Contra said it and since you jumped into this discussion I thought you were supporting him.

i was of the opinion the posts in this forum is open to all and all discussions and info given is for the whole forum,even when addressed to an individual
    CommentQuote
  • http:www.economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/4508207.cms

Excerpts from this article.

"Anything I buy today, I may get at half-price later. We have a decline in front of us," said Gulbir Madan, managing partner at New York-based Brahma Management, which runs a $500 million India-focused property fund.

"All new property buying has been suspended for the moment," said Pradeep Jain, chairman at New-Delhi based Parsvnath Developers (PARV.BO: Quote, Profile, Research).

"I think they will have to cut prices (further) and they need to spruce up their execution schedules," said Nimesh Grover, chief investment officer of UBS Global Real Estate in India.

So its very much evident as stated by many Value-Seekers,
    - Worst is yet to start as many of the land/apartments prices did not undergo any changes.
    - There is no sign of economy recovery.
    - Dithering job trends/prospects.
    - PE Players do not see any meat in Indian RE rather perceive a weak trend.
    CommentQuote
    KS

Corrected the post.In stock markets oil companies are down since oil price had gone down.Metal companies are down since metal price had gone down.Same holds good for most of the commodities.So if RE companies and companies like hdfc are going down that means RE price is down or going down.There will be lot of contradicting statements regarding the fall percentage as RE is not as transparently traded like oil,metal and other commodities.But truth is fall is inevitable and has already started.

Dear friend,

No dispute that the RE prices are down and so also the share prices of RE business related firms, be it RE firms or funding firms or construction firms or construction materials related firms.

ks2071746
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sethugm
    http:="http://www.economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/4508207.cms"]www.economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/4508207.cms

Excerpts from this article.

"Anything I buy today, I may get at half-price later. We have a decline in front of us," said Gulbir Madan, managing partner at New York-based Brahma Management, which runs a $500 million India-focused property fund.

"All new property buying has been suspended for the moment," said Pradeep Jain, chairman at New-Delhi based Parsvnath Developers (PARV.BO: Quote, Profile, Research).

"I think they will have to cut prices (further) and they need to spruce up their execution schedules," said Nimesh Grover, chief investment officer of UBS Global Real Estate in India.

So its very much evident as stated by many Value-Seekers,
    - Worst is yet to start as many of the land/apartments prices did not undergo any changes.
    - There is no sign of economy recovery.
    - Dithering job trends/prospects.
    - PE Players do not see any meat in Indian RE rather perceive a weak trend.

I don't trust these Western PE players (they couldn't track the subprime crises in thier own home market forget about far away India).

I have myself worked in both US and India and let me tell you.
    "Sitting in Manhattan, New York City you cannot estimate the prices in New Avadi Road, Chennai. FULL STOP."."."."
    CommentQuote

• http:="http://www.economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/4508207.cms"]www.economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/4508207.cms

"I think they will have to cut prices (further) and they need to spruce up

Pradeep jain was a broker 10 years ago. His mindset should be clearly understood.

Who knows he could be buying now and advising others not to buy. So that he can sell to others "bigger fools" after the prices rise substantially. Then he will say even he missed the call.

Pradeep jain was a broker 10 years ago. His mindset should be clearly understood.

Who knows he could be buying now and advising others not to buy. So that he can sell to others "bigger fools" after the prices rise substantially. Then he will say even he missed the call.

CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by contra

Even in this distressed RE trends you are trying to create contra outlook atleast on the stoic Chennai RE.

I know tens of potential buyers who are waiting to see the RE Price corrections to realistic levels. As the prices are not corrected by the promoter from its inflated peak , people still play a waiting game.

Are you a RE Broker/Buyer/Invester ? I have never seen a potential buyer realising that the RE price is worth buying at this price levels... If you make your stance clear, that would help the members/guests.
    CommentQuote
  • Any bull is a RE broker and any bear is a RE buyer ... as per Sethugm.
    Those who missed the RE bus are like the Nari in Fox and the Grapes!
    CommentQuote
  • Dear friend,

Sellers & brokers are the bulls. Buyers & those people why pretend to buy but do not buy, are the bears. Many a times, both the bulls and the bears miss their opportunities by not selling at the peak & not buying a the bottom.

ks2071746
    CommentQuote