“Every month we are seeing an increase in enquiries and demand for loans. The drop in demand for home loans is a myth created by the media,” said Keki Mistry, HDFC vice-chairman and managing director.

I told you guys, don't listen to bears...fundamentals for real estate particularly in a young India are strong.

]http://www.livemint.com/2009/05/05005458/HDFC-net-profit-up-on-rising-l.html?h=A1

HDFC beat profit forecasts of even street due to increase in home loan demand......inspite of heavy competition from PSU banks
Read more
96 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by abk
    here is my offer 1cr per gnd in west tambaram near the market in any of the first 3 parallel streets from GST and 1.5 cr on any of the mains like GST,shanmugam road and the hotel henkala road.
    cash down,

why dont one of u go to tambaram and find the current price.

For the locations you asked if a seller quotes 3crs will you buy.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by BigBear
    For the locations you asked if a seller quotes 3crs will you buy.

everytime i say yes will you hike the price by 300%

you said 1cr with ":D" stick to your offer and get me one grnd at 1cr and prove the mkt has crashed.here is my offer i will pay a 2% commision and 50% of any discount you get me under 1 cr.

and dont ask whether you will buy at 3cr or 5 cr. we are arguing on the current prices and 1cr for tambaram was funny to you, bcoz you dont realize that prices of RE(in estb localities) have breached all dams of reasoning and refuse to recede to the 2004 levels despite all bear cries.
    CommentQuote
  • many of the prices that are quoted are incorrect and wrong.

Think of it in this manner. How do you see/know a property's price:
    1. from the brokers: they
    always quote much higher to get higher commissions
    2. from the property websites: most of the listings are made by agents and brokers only.. again the unrealistic prices
    3. historic trends: there is no official way of tracking the historic trends in prices of properties in India. The only info you get is the sales prices told to you by the brokers.. which are again incorrect.

Sadly any price that you hear in the market place are only notional prices. It is directly proportional to your desperation or greed of buying a property.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by abk
    everytime i say yes will you hike the price by 300%

you said 1cr with ":D" stick to your offer and get me one grnd at 1cr and prove the mkt has crashed.here is my offer i will pay a 2% commision and 50% of any discount you get me under 1 cr.

and dont ask whether you will buy at 3cr or 5 cr. we are arguing on the current prices and 1cr for tambaram was funny to you, bcoz you dont realize that prices of RE(in estb localities) have breached all dams of reasoning and refuse to recede to the 2004 levels despite all bear cries.

I said my land is near tambaram not in tambaram and certainly it does not fulfill ur stringent conditions like 3 streets near to gst road etc.So I asked whether you will be buying if seller quoted 3cr for ur location and that seller is not me.Still if you ok to buy from me for 1cr pls go ahead.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by BigBear
    I said my land is near tambaram not in tambaram and certainly it does not fulfill ur stringent conditions like 3 streets near to gst road etc.So I asked whether you will be buying if seller quoted 3cr for ur location and that seller is not me.Still if you ok to buy from me for 1cr pls go ahead.

U seem to be a broker. Near Tambaram is first statement, then u will tell close to Tambaram maybe some where in the middle of nowhere and u will ask for 1cr. U seem to be talking just because u have nothing else to do. There are places in Mylapore slums where u can get rates less than 50L per ground so dont talk about a place without details of it. Ur friend was not able to sell some slum land in RK Salai, go and ask him!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by contra
    There are more Bears being born nowadays almost everyday. Bulls are very few now.

This is a good indicator and positive contrarian signal for real estate.

Looks like you have to be a Bear or a Bull and there is nothing in between.
    However I find comments from the Bull camp like "I won’t buy property there however low the price..", "flats are not part of RE" etc.

In my opinion everyone understands RE and the economics behind on a wider basis. The knowledge sharing may be useful in getting info. about local/locationwise trends.

In unprecedented and uncertain times like now, it would be people with inflated egos predicting exactly how things are going to pan out in 6 months or 1 year. If someone had such inside information he would be a m/billionaire
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sri_idea
    Looks like you have to be a Bear or a Bull and there is nothing in between.

However I find comments from the Bull camp like "I won’t buy property there however low the price..", "flats are not part of RE" etc.

In my opinion everyone understands RE and the economics behind on a wider basis. The knowledge sharing may be useful in getting info. about local/locationwise trends.

In unprecedented and uncertain times like now, it would be people with inflated egos predicting exactly how things are going to pan out in 6 months or 1 year. If someone had such inside information he would be a m/billionaire

If you want to be in between and neither a bear nor a bull than why did you make a statement that "worst is not over for real estate". How can you say RE prices will fall, so you are also predicting right.

Atleast some of us who are optimistic as ever have not predicted that RE will rise by this amount that amount etc. We are just saying that RE has good potential in India and its better to enter now also instead of waiting and watching.

And you are welcome to discuss location wise trends as well apart from wider economic trends which ultimately influences what happens locally.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vijai5
    Tambaram is so much better then velachery when compared to basic amenities,like water logging,palar water, close to NH etc

Dear friend,

I agree. Tambaram is a much better place than Velachery as you have told. Only add on is nearer to busy Railway Station and the plot prices/flat prices in Tambaram are also cheaper than Velachery area. Approach to either Egmore & Cebtral Railway Station or Koyembedu Central bus stand is also easier and less costly.

ks2071746
    CommentQuote
  • Prices have started to rise in Bangalore after a stagnating for a long time. Price rises can be seen along BTM Layout, J P Nagar and HSR layout.

Just waiting to know whether Chennai is next with some good news.
    CommentQuote
  • India tops world in May

]http://in.news.yahoo.com/48/20090525/1238/tbs-india-tops-in-global-market-returns.html

Stock markets in India have given the highest returns in May due to news of stable government. Realty index is the biggest gainer among all sectors due to positive news.

Stock markets in India have given the highest returns in May due to news of stable government. Realty index is the biggest gainer among all sectors due to positive news.
    CommentQuote
  • Chennai has only seen the RE stagnation for the last 18 months but many projects still struck to the inflated prices with no sales. Unless there is a genuine correction in the prices, the stagnation will continue.

Its not an Indian Cinema where people see Price Correction & Market Boom in over-night(song) & RE Price rise in the next 2-3 years can be only viewed as day dream unless some colts falling prey to the words of Promoters/Speculators.Just keep in mind there are numerous people around you to draw fine pictures on RE which is dead cat atm. One has to keep in mind that 40-50 % of the Apartments in Chennai/Elsewhere are unsold and those which were sold,a good percentage of them were done by speculators and now regretting for over-stepping/over-eating.

With bleak economic outlook and job prospects, the demand is deminishing & needless to say the over-supply...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by contra
    ]http://in.news.yahoo.com/48/20090525/1238/tbs-india-tops-in-global-market-returns.html

But still it is down nearly 70% from peak
    Are you saying RE price will fall 70% from peak.
    CommentQuote
  • Me thinks stock and RE cant be compared in a similar vein.

Trends r a better way of comparing the two.

Mkt sentiments can turn negative any time- what abt RE?

Another factor is affordability.
    Can any one afford flats upwards of 40 lakh in a far away place in these uncertain times. I m an ever optimistic but the bulls - brokers and builders have led us too far for comfort.

Dont c much blip of appreciation in RE.

Hope as ever optimistic for a better deal ( BUY) in few months time.
    CommentQuote
  • The best for RE is begun. Even US confidence index has shot up that one might even buy the mortgaged houses in US. In INdia I think there was hardly a problem. ANd in CHennai and Bangalore prices never really corrected. If u miss buying now u will cry about spilt milk as all the bears in this forum are doing. This rise starting now will make the 2004 rise look like a joke.
    CommentQuote
  • you seem to be quite optimistic and bully about RE. Agree that prices have not corrected as much as should have and that is partly because of 'parellel ecomony' in India which is still parking money in indian RE but not sure how long this would continue in wake of global turmoil which is resulting in job losses & credit crunches.
    CommentQuote