Last updated: June 2 2009
96 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : The Worst is Over For Real Estate

Originally posted by sethugm View Post
    Natarajg007,

Neither I missed the bus nor your silly analogy 'Fox and the Grapes' applies to me.

Given the sloppy RE situation, I am 100 % sure that I will get my land/flat at the 2004 inflation-adjusted price (+ or - 5 %).Thats the reason why I say that 'I did not miss the bus'.

I am cash rich and can even buy the RE at this inflated price but am ValueSeeker and staying away bcoz buying at these ridiculous prices is suicidal.So 'Fox and the Grapes' does not apply to me .

You know the another story 'Crow - Vadai and Fox' the cheating Fox. That exactly applies to you .

Fox says,

"Crow! - You are so beautiful " = "RE is so beautiful".
    "Sing a song" = "Buy an RE at this inflated prices".
    "Crow sings a song & fell prey" = "Gullible buyer buys RE at this inflated prices".
    "Fox snaps the falling Vadai" = "Cheating Fox gets it food for the day".

Guys, Please be aware of these cheating Foxes .

Cheers.
    'Crow - Vadai and Fox' story was fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by abk View Post
      here is my offer 1cr per gnd in west tambaram near the market in any of the first 3 parallel streets from GST and 1.5 cr on any of the mains like GST,shanmugam road and the hotel henkala road.
      cash down,

why dont one of u go to tambaram and find the current price.
      For the locations you asked if a seller quotes 3crs will you buy.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBear View Post
        For the locations you asked if a seller quotes 3crs will you buy.
        everytime i say yes will you hike the price by 300%

you said 1cr with "" stick to your offer and get me one grnd at 1cr and prove the mkt has crashed.here is my offer i will pay a 2% commision and 50% of any discount you get me under 1 cr.

and dont ask whether you will buy at 3cr or 5 cr. we are arguing on the current prices and 1cr for tambaram was funny to you, bcoz you dont realize that prices of RE(in estb localities) have breached all dams of reasoning and refuse to recede to the 2004 levels despite all bear cries.

Comment

many of the prices that are quoted are incorrect and wrong.

Think of it in this manner. How do you see/know a property's price:
          1. from the brokers: they
          always quote much higher to get higher commissions
          2. from the property websites: most of the listings are made by agents and brokers only.. again the unrealistic prices
          3. historic trends: there is no official way of tracking the historic trends in prices of properties in India. The only info you get is the sales prices told to you by the brokers.. which are again incorrect.

Sadly any price that you hear in the market place are only notional prices. It is directly proportional to your desperation or greed of buying a property.

Comment

Originally posted by abk View Post
            everytime i say yes will you hike the price by 300%

you said 1cr with "" stick to your offer and get me one grnd at 1cr and prove the mkt has crashed.here is my offer i will pay a 2% commision and 50% of any discount you get me under 1 cr.

and dont ask whether you will buy at 3cr or 5 cr. we are arguing on the current prices and 1cr for tambaram was funny to you, bcoz you dont realize that prices of RE(in estb localities) have breached all dams of reasoning and refuse to recede to the 2004 levels despite all bear cries.
            I said my land is near tambaram not in tambaram and certainly it does not fulfill ur stringent conditions like 3 streets near to gst road etc.So I asked whether you will be buying if seller quoted 3cr for ur location and that seller is not me.Still if you ok to buy from me for 1cr pls go ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBear View Post
              I said my land is near tambaram not in tambaram and certainly it does not fulfill ur stringent conditions like 3 streets near to gst road etc.So I asked whether you will be buying if seller quoted 3cr for ur location and that seller is not me.Still if you ok to buy from me for 1cr pls go ahead.
              U seem to be a broker. Near Tambaram is first statement, then u will tell close to Tambaram maybe some where in the middle of nowhere and u will ask for 1cr. U seem to be talking just because u have nothing else to do. There are places in Mylapore slums where u can get rates less than 50L per ground so dont talk about a place without details of it. Ur friend was not able to sell some slum land in RK Salai, go and ask him!

Comment

Originally posted by contra View Post
                There are more Bears being born nowadays almost everyday. Bulls are very few now.

This is a good indicator and positive contrarian signal for real estate.
                Looks like you have to be a Bear or a Bull and there is nothing in between.
                However I find comments from the Bull camp like "I won’t buy property there however low the price..", "flats are not part of RE" etc.

In my opinion everyone understands RE and the economics behind on a wider basis. The knowledge sharing may be useful in getting info. about local/locationwise trends.

In unprecedented and uncertain times like now, it would be people with inflated egos predicting exactly how things are going to pan out in 6 months or 1 year. If someone had such inside information he would be a m/billionaire

Comment

Originally posted by sri_idea View Post
                  Looks like you have to be a Bear or a Bull and there is nothing in between.

However I find comments from the Bull camp like "I won’t buy property there however low the price..", "flats are not part of RE" etc.

In my opinion everyone understands RE and the economics behind on a wider basis. The knowledge sharing may be useful in getting info. about local/locationwise trends.

In unprecedented and uncertain times like now, it would be people with inflated egos predicting exactly how things are going to pan out in 6 months or 1 year. If someone had such inside information he would be a m/billionaire
                  If you want to be in between and neither a bear nor a bull than why did you make a statement that "worst is not over for real estate". How can you say RE prices will fall, so you are also predicting right.

Atleast some of us who are optimistic as ever have not predicted that RE will rise by this amount that amount etc. We are just saying that RE has good potential in India and its better to enter now also instead of waiting and watching.

And you are welcome to discuss location wise trends as well apart from wider economic trends which ultimately influences what happens locally.

Comment

Originally posted by vijai5 View Post
                    Tambaram is so much better then velachery when compared to basic amenities,like water logging,palar water, close to NH etc
                    Dear friend,

I agree. Tambaram is a much better place than Velachery as you have told. Only add on is nearer to busy Railway Station and the plot prices/flat prices in Tambaram are also cheaper than Velachery area. Approach to either Egmore & Cebtral Railway Station or Koyembedu Central bus stand is also easier and less costly.

ks2071746

Comment

Prices have started to rise in Bangalore after a stagnating for a long time. Price rises can be seen along BTM Layout, J P Nagar and HSR layout.

Just waiting to know whether Chennai is next with some good news.
                      Last edited by contra; May 25 2009, 12:10 PM. Reason: spell

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X