“Every month we are seeing an increase in enquiries and demand for loans. The drop in demand for home loans is a myth created by the media,” said Keki Mistry, HDFC vice-chairman and managing director.

I told you guys, don't listen to bears...fundamentals for real estate particularly in a young India are strong.

]http://www.livemint.com/2009/05/05005458/HDFC-net-profit-up-on-rising-l.html?h=A1

HDFC beat profit forecasts of even street due to increase in home loan demand......inspite of heavy competition from PSU banks
Read more
96 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by contra
    NRIs cannot take India for granted anymore. Just look at australia where 4-5 indian students have been attacked in past week. Even in US indian students will be targeted in future.

Racism in western societies will increase and indians are new targets.

This is actually good for indian universities and indirectly indian real estate. In future government will open more private universities to keep students within india. A lot of real estate developers with huge landbanks are starting private universities in the lines of Amity, Manipal etc.

India has 500 million children and youth under 25. If they all stay in india and study here we need to build lots of universities and need lots of landbanks. Why should others benefit from our youth. Lets keep our students here in india itself .

in 1984 thousands of innocent sikhs got killed in North India in the aftermath of Indira Gandhi's death. The numbers range from 6000 to 100,000 depending on who you ask. If somebody said in 1984 that Sikhs cannot live in India anymore, that would have made more sense. It's another issue No body is punished yet for that violence .
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Natarajg007
    Forget all that Contra. Sundard is just a lost guy. In US land is available for a song. I really mean it. 9 times more land per person is available in US. And in US most of the country side is well developed. That means supply is just toooooo high.
    In India USABLE LAND is just limited. It might be not 1/9th but maybe 1/90th of US since other than cities other places arent developed.
    Now Sundard must have gone to Tindivanam and calling it Chennai. You know these NRIs, they know neither US or India. So his crying is something we should enjoy and ignore.
    Just ask him where that land he wanted exists and then the details will be out.
    Most likely Sundard must have lost his job in US and must be wanting to return to INdia. He wants to sell his silly condo in US maybe for 100K USD and with that he wont find a flat in Chennai. What to do? He has to realise that he is a beggar compared to the Chennai vasis. Well if he has been pampered to think that NRI is big shit, then he will have to continue to bicker and cry on this board.
    LET US PASS HIM.

it is simply not worth to buy land in Chennai at the current pricess. It's all because of unimaginable proportion of corruption prevailing in the society. If you think that is an indicator of progress, please keep it with yourself.
    You are talking about some 1% of the population who enjoy everything in india. You have absoluately no idea about how the vast majority in India live. Do you know 50% of Indian populuation die without ever using toilet in their life.First India should provide sanitation and water before thinking of universities. It is ridiculous to compare the quality of life a common man has in USA with that of one in India. I am not interested in arguing about it. All I am saying is, the land prices in Chennai cannot sustain at this level and it should not for the well being of the society.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sundardj
    it is simply not worth to buy land in Chennai at the current pricess. It's all because of unimaginable proportion of corruption prevailing in the society. If you think that is an indicator of progress, please keep it with yourself.
    You are talking about some 1% of the population who enjoy everything in india. You have absoluately no idea about how the vast majority in India live. Do you know 50% of Indian populuation die without ever using toilet in their life.First India should provide sanitation and water before thinking of universities. It is ridiculous to compare the quality of life a common man has in USA with that of one in India. I am not interested in arguing about it. All I am saying is, the land prices in Chennai cannot sustain at this level and it should not for the well being of the society.

Ya, fellas like u sucked INdia and then went to USA and became NRIs to suck there and then want Indian RE to be cheap to buy and boost up prices for ur personal return AND U TALK ABOUT PEOPLE IN INDIA! WHAT A PITY?
    There is a story of a Rich boy being asked to write about poverty and he begins " from the 3rd floor of our building I look down blah blah"
    Sundard is like that. He is talking about his imaginations. We should pass him.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by contra
    Its good that people like me went to US. Only when we visit a place we can also see the other side;).

Now i can blast the US, and openly question any NRI who pokes fun at India and praises US. I know how NRI bachelors live in rat hole apartments and many more things. I have seen white beggers in NYC subway.

In india we have 7 course meal, in US same NRIs prefer to self cook and think even for having tiffin in good NYC restaurants because of costs. Still they dare to say land in Chennai is crap. Only when some of us go to US and other countries, the other side of the story come out.

Hope you will be in agreement;)

Contra, you are losing your cool with NRIs, especially in this season when they have LITTLE WORK (little means NO in english, a little means SOME...for reference of Wiseman and co.!!). So they will try to excite you and try to get u not to write here. Just ignore these guys.
    Remember, they planted their money into Indian RE in 2006, they got trapped in US in 2007 and so they sold out here. However since it is going up in India they are CRYING as BABIES would.
    Ignore the Kangaroors, and the Bald Eagles. The original kangaroos and bashing the migrant kangaroos as you know. To that the old IndKangaroo will tell about Sikhs and Indira Gandhi. THink of it. Since they had less brains to survive here, they left India. Now their brain deficiency has been found and they have been sacked abroad. Now they want to play silly tricks. No sane Indian buys these NRI tricks.
    What have NRIs done other than marrying INDIAN INDIAN women and collecting dowries and then divorcing them in US or duping Indians with jobs in US or Gulf that did not exist.
    Ignore the silly NRIs. This is a RE board, not a NRI joke board. So cool off Contra. Take it easy. Cheers.
    CommentQuote
  • yo Natraj, im an NRI and you are generalising on NRIs based on
    ONE BAD . not valid dude.

may be mr.sundar whoever, had a phobia of toilets and or he
    has IBS so paranoid about toilets. thats just a case study
    and should leave it at that.
    CommentQuote
  • HAHAH...Not a bad comment dude! Well NRIs are of two varieties. I too was technically an NRI in late 90s, as I was away in Singapore for more than a year. There are NRIs who are abroad to earn and come back. There are NRIs who are actually foreigners having settled in another country but like to keep like the cat on the wall a leg on this side too. They crib and crib about INdia until their tongues go dry. I meant the second type. Again there can be exceptions in the second type and I used to have a boss from Canada a gentleman. However most of the NRIs who are actually FOREIGN SETTLED FOR GOOD, fall in the category I classified them as. Anyway have a great day Anand.
    CommentQuote