I am planning to go for doshi nakshatra project in tambaram west,chennai.
any one who has booked/planning to book.
can you please share your ideas on the location and the builder.

Read more
7 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Dear friend,

Please see earlier posts of people dissatisfied with this builder either on the genuine cancellation requests or on response/service aspects. The place is not bad as also the builder's quality of construction, but the prices are still high at the present juncture of downtrend in RE. I heard, there have been a number of cancellation requests from people who earlier booked. Please check up on the progress of construction which is not going fast and your money may be locked up for longer period.

ks2071746
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by neha1

See below article in Hindu regarding the project.These schemes are all gimmicks by builders to trap buyers.Whats the guarantee they will reduce price and if at all they reduce by how much when markets go down.Who knows whether they will complete the project in time and the builder himself had accepted price is going down and still people are waiting for it go down further.Someone in this forum was asking for proof for price reduction even though bears have given multiple cases like this!

Doshi’s price guarantee scheme
    Doshi Housing, a Chennai-based builder, has launched a novel price guarantee scheme in the city.
    This scheme is applicable to their ongoing projects Doshi Nakshatra I and II at Tambaram, a suburb to the south of Chennai.
    In a press release, Mr Harshad Doshi, the chairman, says, “We have observed that as far as the Chennai residential market is concerned, there is a fair bit of demand, but one of the reasons that people are holding back on their purchase decision is anticipation of further fall in prices. It is true that prices have fallen in the last six months, but a further fall looks highly unlikely. In spite of this, people still want to wait in anticipation of further decline. This price guarantee scheme will help the serious buyer to take a decision.”
    The price guarantee means that the customer need not worry about fall in prices and, at the same time, he gets the benefit of price appreciation. If the selling price of the apartments in the project falls below the price at which the customer has purchased the apartment, he gets the benefit of the reduced price.
    However, if the price appreciates, he does not have to pay anything more than his booking price.
    Doshi Housing is selling the apartments at Rs 2,795 per sq.ft at the fully developed location and this is 20 per cent lower than the prevailing price of Rs 3,500 per sq.ft for similar project in that area, according to the press release.
    Doshi Nakshatra I consists of 125 apartments on 2.44 acres of land while Doshi Nakshatra II consists of 191 apartments being developed on 2.6 acres of land. Apartment prices start from Rs 15.5 lakh onwards.
    CommentQuote
  • Dear friend,

The price of a new flat in the Tambaram West area similar as Doshi's is not Rs. 3500/sq. ft. It should be somewhere near Rs. 2500 to 2600/sq. ft. only for this place which is about 2 KM from the Tambaram Railway Station. The price in the range of Rs. 2750 to 3000 may be there for flats nearer to the Railway Station within about 1 KM radius and there are not many new projects coming up.

ks2071746
    CommentQuote
  • doshi nakstara 2

Originally Posted by neha1

Hi there is a legal case goingon land. Authority approval is not yet settled. Builders are not handing over formore than one year.
    Check before buy for Doshi Nakstara 2
    CommentQuote
  • Ladies and Gentlemen,

I do not know from where you people get your information. Let me put certain things straight. I am a proud owner of three bedroom flat in doshi nakshatra I. The project was completed and flats were handed over in Jul 11. The project has been cleared in all respects and the builder has completion certificate obtained from CMDA. There are around 60 families living comfortable there. Let me tell you i am not employee of doshi and just a owner. As far as the location is concerned, it is inside old sbi colony one of the old residential area of tambaram west. Ofcourse roads are not in great shape as on date. I am sure things will improve. As far as pricing is concerned, i am not a real estate expert and so i cannot speculate. But any thing around 3500 to 3800 must be a good deal. Ultimately, the choice is yours whether to buy or not
    regards
    ganesan
    CommentQuote
  • DEAR DONT BUY

NAKSHATARA IS DEEP TROUBLE

SEE SUPREME COURT ORDER

CIVIL APPEAL NOs. 6342-6343 OF 2012
    Supreme Court of India
    V.Chandrasekaran & Anr. vs Administrative Officer & Ors. on 18 September, 2012
    Author: . B Chauhan
    Bench: B.S. Chauhan, Jagdish Singh Khehar
    REPORTABLE
    IN THE SUPREME COURT OF INDIA
    CIVIL APPELLATE JURISDICTION

V. Chandrasekaran

TAKE CARE THEY ARE CHEATERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    CommentQuote
  • PLEASE CHECK COURT CASES OF DOSHI WITH TAMIL NADU HOUSING BOARD

Supreme Court of India
    V.Chandrasekaran & Anr. vs Administrative Officer & Ors. on 18 September, 2012
    Author: . B Chauhan
    Bench: B.S. Chauhan, Jagdish Singh Khehar
    REPORTABLE
    IN THE SUPREME COURT OF INDIA
    CIVIL APPELLATE JURISDICTION

V. Chandrasekaran

TRUTH WILL COME TO KNOW

CommentQuote