In the next 5 years, Chennai will grow so rapidly that even those who sold in 2004 who feel deceived now, will not be as upset as those who sell now. In other words if RE moved up between 2004 and 2008 5 to 10 times then by 2013 it will move up so much that the bear cartel here will be active again in 2013 expecting a fall to a value 2 times higher than 2008 prices.
What with DMK back in Chennai, Cong in saddle firmly, market to gap up today by 400 Nifty points. What happened this election was least expected by many. However if you yet talk bear talk on this board then u must be senile.
Those who laughed at my prices in Urapakkam of 50L in Urapakkam will bite dust. Now I will wait for Rs 2Cr per ground in Urapakkam.
In Saligramam I was heckled by bears for Rs 2Cr per ground. Here I expect 5cr and even above in the next 4 years.
In other words if you are expecting a fall, u will have to just live in the Land of Lotus eaters.
ENJOY THE SUPER DUPER BULL RUN. If you have land it will shoot up to a level u cant imagine. If you have flat even that will shoot up 2 to 4 times in next 4 years. Welcome to super inflation, super cost and difficult times ahead.
Read more
33 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Lets come down to earth a little bit!

Originally Posted by Natarajg007
    In the next 5 years, Chennai will grow so rapidly that even those who sold in 2004 who feel deceived now, will not be as upset as those who sell now. In other words if RE moved up between 2004 and 2008 5 to 10 times then by 2013 it will move up so much that the bear cartel here will be active again in 2013 expecting a fall to a value 2 times higher than 2008 prices.
    What with DMK back in Chennai, Cong in saddle firmly, market to gap up today by 400 Nifty points. What happened this election was least expected by many. However if you yet talk bear talk on this board then u must be senile.
    Those who laughed at my prices in Urapakkam of 50L in Urapakkam will bite dust. Now I will wait for Rs 2Cr per ground in Urapakkam.
    In Saligramam I was heckled by bears for Rs 2Cr per ground. Here I expect 5cr and even above in the next 4 years.
    In other words if you are expecting a fall, u will have to just live in the Land of Lotus eaters.
    ENJOY THE SUPER DUPER BULL RUN. If you have land it will shoot up to a level u cant imagine. If you have flat even that will shoot up 2 to 4 times in next 4 years. Welcome to super inflation, super cost and difficult times ahead.

Folks,

This so-called rally of 11% sensx and 15% nifty was a non-rally simply because no one had a chance to buy or sell in the few minutes that it lasted before the markets shut down.

Before everyone gets carried away, please recall that I had already mentioned earlier that the Sensx would go to around 14500 or thereabouts within the next 10 months or so. Meanwhile the bulls, who have been badly scarred in the last 1 year are back to their self-destructive behavior within the blink of an eye!

Please recall what our RBI Guvnor said just 2 days back. There is no further recourse to printing notes and taking on more deficit to pump up the economy. And the only way to arrest the slump in corporate profits and bring back more jobs is to put money into the pockets of people - precisely what brought us to this recessionary times. From where will it come?

Second, world over, economies are still in very deep doo-doo and nothing has changed except the euphoria of a few people which should not last more than a week at most. Traders continue to make money both ways as usual - in fact, I will make more this time in a bearish mode than as a bull, simply because there are too many bulls desperate to part with their money and give it to me! :D

This is NOT a landslide victory. The Congress still has to get the required numbers and also a cushion - as Kapil Sibal said on TV yesterday. If anyone has any other views, just check it out and go back to your employer and ask for a raise or for the older salary or for the job back. Or ask that banker for the loan you were looking for and see the response!

Final conclusion. This is a bear market rally, nothing more. Bull markets should come back in the next 2-3 years when the world gets back on track. And when there is inflation, please note that it is not due to increased economic output, but merely huge amounts of worthless currency introduced into the economy. Continue to be cautious with your money and save in the form of cash.

Land is still found in plenty in Chennai and will continue to be so in our lifetime. This "land will become scarce" scaremongering went on for 5 years in the past. And what was the result? This crash. And land will find prices that make it reasonable for people to afford once again.

cheers
    CommentQuote
  • One superbull predicted nifty to touch 2500 few days back:D
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by wiseman
    Folks,

when there is inflation, please note that it is not due to increased economic output, but merely huge amounts of worthless currency introduced into the economy. Continue to be cautious with your money and save in the form of cash.

cheers

'worthless currency'

'save in the form of cash'

contradiction ??????????
    CommentQuote
  • Dear friend,

The big bull rally witnessed in the short sessions today, the BSE going up by 2000+ points is nothing but temporary, possibly due to UPA forming the Govt. now. The real upswing can be after the world economy picks up and when US $ comes back to Rs. 45 level, when Gold also may be nearer to Rs. 1000 per gram. At that point of time the RE also may be up with lower interest rates, say 7.5% range.

ks2071746
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by BigBear
    One superbull predicted nifty to touch 2500 few days back:D

I must first answer you. Well I have always been bullish on RE especially land and in Chennai and Bangalore.
    Yes I expected a fall as I thought the prediction of a hung parliament was high. It was a trading call and I can openly admit to minor losses in Nifty trading. I have bought puts which have now become worthless. However for the few ten thousands I lose, my RE values have gone up a few crores. No more.
    Does that mean that this is a bear market rally like your foolish one says?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by wiseman
    Folks,

This so-called rally of 11% sensx and 15% nifty was a non-rally simply because no one had a chance to buy or sell in the few minutes that it lasted before the markets shut down.

Before everyone gets carried away, please recall that I had already mentioned earlier that the Sensx would go to around 14500 or thereabouts within the next 10 months or so. Meanwhile the bulls, who have been badly scarred in the last 1 year are back to their self-destructive behavior within the blink of an eye!

Please recall what our RBI Guvnor said just 2 days back. There is no further recourse to printing notes and taking on more deficit to pump up the economy. And the only way to arrest the slump in corporate profits and bring back more jobs is to put money into the pockets of people - precisely what brought us to this recessionary times. From where will it come?

Second, world over, economies are still in very deep doo-doo and nothing has changed except the euphoria of a few people which should not last more than a week at most. Traders continue to make money both ways as usual - in fact, I will make more this time in a bearish mode than as a bull, simply because there are too many bulls desperate to part with their money and give it to me! :D

This is NOT a landslide victory. The Congress still has to get the required numbers and also a cushion - as Kapil Sibal said on TV yesterday. If anyone has any other views, just check it out and go back to your employer and ask for a raise or for the older salary or for the job back. Or ask that banker for the loan you were looking for and see the response!

Final conclusion. This is a bear market rally, nothing more. Bull markets should come back in the next 2-3 years when the world gets back on track. And when there is inflation, please note that it is not due to increased economic output, but merely huge amounts of worthless currency introduced into the economy. Continue to be cautious with your money and save in the form of cash.

Land is still found in plenty in Chennai and will continue to be so in our lifetime. This "land will become scarce" scaremongering went on for 5 years in the past. And what was the result? This crash. And land will find prices that make it reasonable for people to afford once again.

cheers

In 2004 Advani said India shining and lost the election. He did similar harakari (as I wrote in MMB both in 2004 and recently) in 2009 by taking on Manmohan without any logic. While Advani was not willing to accept defeat in 2004, now he is a lost man.
    This Wisey guy wont learn yet. So he has to be beaten badly, which time will tell for him to be chastened like Advani. Well chastened is a very decent word for Wisey. He is more arrogant even when he is wrong. What else can I say about a guy who says that even after a fall, mud is not sticking on his moustache! Or maybe Wisey sports no Moustache! LOL!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ks2071746
    Dear friend,

The big bull rally witnessed in the short sessions today, the BSE going up by 2000+ points is nothing but temporary, possibly due to UPA forming the Govt. now. The real upswing can be after the world economy picks up and when US $ comes back to Rs. 45 level, when Gold also may be nearer to Rs. 1000 per gram. At that point of time the RE also may be up with lower interest rates, say 7.5% range.

ks2071746

Markets move up and down KS. You are a bear as I said. So u will expect a fall. All I can tell you is that you are absolutely WRONG on your view of RE market.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Natarajg007
    Markets move up and down KS. You are a bear as I said. So u will expect a fall. All I can tell you is that you are absolutely WRONG on your view of RE market.

Dear friend,

I want to be proved wrong on my point that RE will recover after some time when the real situation is that the RE is falling in actual. Markets will move up with no logic and no relevance to the fundamentals. It is a hide and seek game being played by some whom one calls BEAR or BULL. DO not term any one as BEAR just because he predicts a fall and a BULL if he expects a jump. Every body knew on 16th May 09 afternoon by the time it was coming clear that UPA may be the choice of people to form the Govt., the markets will go up on Monday, and can you call all of them including the traditional BEARs that they are BULLs. In Indian context unfortunately BULLS and BEARs often change their positions and confuse the people enough.

ks2071746
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ks2071746
    Dear friend,

I want to be proved wrong on my point that RE will recover after some time when the real situation is that the RE is falling in actual. Markets will move up with no logic and no relevance to the fundamentals. It is a hide and seek game being played by some whom one calls BEAR or BULL. DO not term any one as BEAR just because he predicts a fall and a BULL if he expects a jump. Every body knew on 16th May 09 afternoon by the time it was coming clear that UPA may be the choice of people to form the Govt., the markets will go up on Monday, and can you call all of them including the traditional BEARs that they are BULLs. In Indian context unfortunately BULLS and BEARs often change their positions and confuse the people enough.

ks2071746

Sorry, other than your generic statement about market what is your question!? RE will recover. What is the argument? I am telling you RE has bottomed out and it has only one way to go and that is UPwards.
    U dont seem to agree to that. Are we in sync?
    CommentQuote
  • Recommendation

Well WIseman was asking for 2cr for his land in RK Salai. If his land is on RK Salai and not in a slum around the place then my advice is go and grab it from him for 2.1cr. Give him the 10L tip on my behalf. You wont repent the investment as it will go to 10C and above in next 4 years.
    REMEMBER, it should be on RK Salai proper, not on some cheri in a side road. Dont blame me for it then! Finally I dont know if Wiseman owns any land, just that I am recommending based on his old post.
    CommentQuote
  • Wrong on both counts Nats ...

Originally Posted by Natarajg007
    In 2004 Advani said India shining and lost the election. He did similar harakari (as I wrote in MMB both in 2004 and recently) in 2009 by taking on Manmohan without any logic. While Advani was not willing to accept defeat in 2004, now he is a lost man.
    This Wisey guy wont learn yet. So he has to be beaten badly, which time will tell for him to be chastened like Advani. Well chastened is a very decent word for Wisey. He is more arrogant even when he is wrong. What else can I say about a guy who says that even after a fall, mud is not sticking on his moustache! Or maybe Wisey sports no Moustache! LOL!

abk: Yes, its a contradiction as you noticed. In fact, I noticed it even before hitting the submit button. But, where would you rather put your money? Any bets?

Nats: will you be the perenial loser? You must take some tips from me regarding the naked options trading part. As I said, I bought both puts as well as calls, both out of the money. In any sharp movement situation, the price increase in the option moving favorably will far outweigh the loss in the option gaoing against - example, I lost 75 on the put but gained 300 on the calls, netting 225 on an investment of 170, a 132% profit in 4 days! So, net, you gain. Its only a poor amateur who takes a one-way call on the eve of such a significant event!!! And they lose more often than not!

Second, the land is not in a slum in Mylapore - you seem to have a liking only for slums, probably why you buy land only in those areas and seem to be so familiar with them all around Chennai. The price is well above 2C and there too we happen to have hit the jackpot!!! :D

As you can see, if only you set aside your over-inflated opinion and conceit about your (apparent) talents and skills, you might just be able to make the correct calls and decisions.

Wrong on both counts about wisey, Nats. Sorry, but you have to change your attitude significantly before getting into the money! I can help there, so, can others on this forum who seem to have capability far above yours. If only you make up your mind and change, you could be well on your way! :D

cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by abk

Folks,

when there is inflation, please note that it is not due to increased economic output, but merely huge amounts of worthless currency introduced into the economy. Continue to be cautious with your money and save in the form of cash.

'worthless currency'

'save in the form of cash'

contradiction ??????????

abk,

I don't see any contradiction. Please understand the context in which wiseman said.

When there is inflation, money will become "worthless" or lose its buying power
    (note the word When there is inflation).

Inflation is nothing but monetary inflation or liquidity. Between 2003-2008 we had spectacular monetary inflation or liquidity and hence assets like stocks, real estate went up. Buying power of money or cash came down and cash became worthless to HOLD. People wanted to buy real estate as every week prices went up from previous week making cash holding worthless.

At present another big rise in real estate cannot happen why? there will not be another spectacular monetary inflation or liquidity. Also even though BSE index have hit upper ciruit and rised 2099 points in single day this is still far below 21,300 the BSE index hit in Jan 2008. If BSE index has to gain back even that position it will take many months. Until then we can safely assume that monetary inflation or liquidity is not coming in spectacular ways like before which means suddenly whatever cash we already have becomes valuable. So during these times cash is king.

After 2 years when BSE index breaches its previous all time high of 21,300 and goes to 25000 then we get an indicator that another spectacular era of monetary inflation has started. At that time cash will again become worthless. Till that day you see that happen hold on to whatever cash one can get, every Rupee because at present cash is king.
    CommentQuote
  • Also to add,

real estate will not fall either to yesteryears levels as there will still be some intrinsic liquidity in the system to keep the real estate prices floating around and stagnating with small dips here and there.

However there will not be another spectacular rise either (the best indicator for which would be the day BSE index hits 25000, which is very far away now).
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by contra
    abk,

I don't see any contradiction. Please understand the context in which wiseman said.

When there is inflation, money will become "worthless" or lose its buying power (note the word When there is inflation).

in all contexts this is a contradiction of statements.

when there is hyper inflation and the currency becomes worthless what is the point of holding a bunch of notes. you migth as well hold any commodity which will fetch you more.if you buy say x for 100/-, during the presumed hyper inflation it will be selling at 400/ so sell it at that time at a discount say 300/- so your 100/- becomes 300/- you keep your 100/- in cash and add your FD interest how much will you have in the end.108/- ,117/-, 125/-(3 yrs int).
    CommentQuote
  • There is more to India than Manmohan and Advani... India is not comprised of only two people and both these people inspite of being the most influential people of India do not solely control the stock markets. Politics is Politics. Economy is another thing. "Food" written on paper (or) whispered to ears (or) shouted as slogans wont fill our stomach.

If the dollar rate goes lower it will definitely decrease the investment potential of the NRIs but it will make FIIs invest more on Inidan stock market, so the stock market after a particular point starts to increase with RE declining. The only thing will make the RE to boom at that point will be the investment capacity of the Indian citizens....

If the stock market shows a W trend instead of a V trend, then the buyng capacity of the Indian investors would fall low... ultimately capcising the RE not immediately but within 2-3 years to come...

But it is equally possible if Manmohan is capable of a positive mandate and determination, but the previous 5 years the congress didnt seem to prove much except in sighing a nuclear dear and building enimity with neighbouring countries... Only thing to do now is to keep the fingers crossed as most of the speculations for 2-3 year period ( world markets) is for a W trend and not a V trend.
    CommentQuote