Hi

I am an NRI and i am looking to buy land (atleast 1 ground) with a budget of 1C. What is the scene now - Where can one get a ground for this budget?

Rgds
VJ
Read more
11 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by rvijayvenkat
    Hi

I am an NRI and i am looking to buy land (atleast 1 ground) with a budget of 1C. What is the scene now - Where can one get a ground for this budget?

Rgds
    VJ

Velachery..medavakkam.
    CommentQuote
  • I do not think it is possible in Velachery.

Medavakkam it is possible.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by k11
    I do not think it is possible in Velachery.

Medavakkam it is possible.

Medavakkam, Jalldempet, Pallikaranai
    CommentQuote
  • Avoid Pallikarnai, becasue of the marshland it might be a good place for end use.

For investment it is ok.
    CommentQuote
  • Try In a place called jeyachandran nagar in Medavakkam. It's a very nice place. Other options are sholinganallur tnhb(you can get a little more than a ground), viduthalai nagar- kovilambakkam, max worth nagar -narayanapuram(complete document verification required), Ram nagar north in madipakkam, classic farms in sholinganallur,tnhb sithalapakkam and Madambakkam.
    CommentQuote
  • I am also looking for land in medavakkam : requirement - (anyone depends on location and cost) 900 ,1200,1800,2400 sqft . How much price it would be and preferable areas in medavakkam !
    CommentQuote
  • What is it that you want to do?

Speculate - buy now sell later
    Invest now and build for yourself later
    Invest now and build apartments later
    CommentQuote
  • will it not be worth acquiring in porur where drainage is also coming up. The going rate there is also around 1 C.
    CommentQuote
  • I am looking for invest now and build for myself or apartments later (Rent out a a couple of apartments and sell the other 2).

Originally Posted by venkat
    What is it that you want to do?

Speculate - buy now sell later
    Invest now and build for yourself later
    Invest now and build apartments later
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rvijayvenkat
    I am looking for invest now and build for myself or apartments later (Rent out a a couple of apartments and sell the other 2).

Are you a builder or Do you want to be a builder?

If you are a builder, I have no idea why you are asking this question you should already be knowing it.

If you want to be a builder, then here is the suggestion.
    your budget is too small - your budget is enough to buy a 3-bhk apt in Medavakkam in a gated community.
    land parcel is too small - you should buy 2.5 grounds min, to qualify for multifamily units.
    else you can do something like builder floor apts for lower FSI.

Here is my suggestion.
    Get 7 crores budget, buy 2.5 grounds for 3 crores on a main road and build 10 2-bhk apts for 4 crores. You can do this in Medavakkam. Even if you do that I am not sure how you are going to compete the big guys and come out with profit.

You need a reality check, as you said you are NRI.
    I think you should first visit India and the townships in suburbs. Everyone is buying in gated communities in suburbs on main roads. The plots we suggest on this site are on 20-30ft roads and are for individual houses only, not apts.
    CommentQuote
  • Shalimar Gardens, Injambakkam, ECR
    CommentQuote