I am an NRI. Having browsed through several posts in this forum to ascertain whether Chennai land prices are falling, rising or static at present, I am no further from the truth by so many opposing answers. Agreed, no one can predict tomorrow's situation, but surely one must know the state of prices today compared to yesterday! I'm begining to smell a rat here! Where I can obtain genuine information from, or is there no such source in India?
Read more
10 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by manhar
    I am an NRI. Having browsed through several posts in this forum to ascertain whether Chennai land prices are falling, rising or static at present, I am no further from the truth by so many opposing answers. Agreed, no one can predict tomorrow's situation, but surely one must know the state of prices today compared to yesterday! I'm begining to smell a rat here! Where I can obtain genuine information from, or is there no such source in India?

Better not to buy as prices are falling
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by manhar

I am also in the lookout for such a source, please let the forum know if you come across anything close to what reflects the market price.
    CommentQuote
  • I am in the same boat. The best thing to do by the readers of this forum would be to constantly keep posting all the latest quotes they received from the buyer/sellers and their latest buy/sell rates. This will give the real market scenario which will help themselves and also other people in this forum, instead of fighting on their personal views as a "BEAR/BULL".
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by nabishek
    I am also in the lookout for such a source, please let the forum know if you come across anything close to what reflects the market price.

I really wonder whether any such thing exists ....if exists, will be interesting to know about it.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by lovebird
    Better not to buy as prices are falling

Everybody says 'falling', 'falling'. But only apartment price is falling.
    Individual house and land prices looks same.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Maheshk
    I really wonder whether any such thing exists ....if exists, will be interesting to know about it.

I suppose there is no such system over there? Here, I would call a real estate agent and he would tell me the price for a given location. All the agents in that area will have similar properties at similar prices. In fact the estate agent's window depicts photographs and prices of all the current properties on sale! You take your pick and make an offer to the vendor via the agent. So I know exactly where I stand when I'm looking to buy or sell. Are there such real estate agents in Chennai (not builders)and if so, how does one contact them?

Curiously, I find that properties advertised in local Indian newspapers seldom carry a price tag! Why is that?
    CommentQuote
  • Well can we say you are confused whether to be distressed! Just kidding. Infact the state of the Chennai market is hard to state accurately since it is highly dependant on local factors. By and large people owning ancestral property are just not selling at any reduced prices. Flat builders have in some places reduced prices more to suit their local monetary needs. Remember the flat builders are making anything from 400 to 600% profits even without sinking much money and so their price reductions are dependant on their moods. Hope this helps!
    CommentQuote
  • Nothing to get confused.

Flat prices are falling.

Plots are either stagnant or falling.

DLF,Purva buyers are in deep trouble.

So do not invest now
    CommentQuote
  • Lovebird are you clear who you are? LOL!
    PS. Lovebird formerly used a name that was a mimic on mine and when I sued him for copyright violation the mod cursed him to become a songster bird! ROTFL.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Natarajg007
    Lovebird are you clear who you are? LOL!
    PS. Lovebird formerly used a name that was a mimic on mine and when I sued him for copyright violation the mod cursed him to become a songster bird! ROTFL.

Nat (nut)

Did u sell your saligram land or not yet or waiting for some salis to buy??
    CommentQuote