Hi.

I would like to invest in plots for 2 to 3 years horizon,for a sum of 80 Lakhs
Please can expert chenaites advise which is the best possible location's currently which are seeing fastest growth rates.

Kindly note that this is striclty for solid and strong returns with medium risks ,Areas which have proven day in and day out before.
Read more
13 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • For 2 to 3 years horizon, suburbs will not help.

Invest in any outskirts of city areas like virugambakkam,porur,siruseri,maduravoyal etc
    CommentQuote
  • Go for older house or small area within city itself : 400 to 800sqft with good localities : you can see 100% in 3 yrs .. But suburbs no guarantee !
    CommentQuote
  • Dear Sir.

Thanks for your sugesstion can you please let me know if i can buy a 1 ground land and then if can promote a joint venture with builders for FLAT building ,Is this a good feasible idea and has it been proven in and out before and what is the procedure to go about it and what are the average return i can expect and what is the timeframe.
    This advice would also help other forum members as well.

Regards
    Sandeep
    CommentQuote
  • Plot near Karanai Pudhuchery

Hi,

I am planning to purchase plot near Karanai Pudhchery. Here are the details of plot.

Area : Mallika Nagar, North facing
    Distance from GST: 4KM
    Rate: About Rs 750.
    Map: Mallika Nagar

I am looking to purchase this property for building home ( may be after 3 years). I have already paid advance, and now have concerns.

1. Seems this layout(Mallika) was sold on 2005 and there is a layout (Sakthy vinayaga nagar) which was sold on 2002. It is almost more than 8 years since it was sold, still there is no house has been built. Like these there are other layouts such as Damodar Nagar, Golden Avenue sold by BLB and Abi estates respectively. They too do not have any house so far. I am worried if this was due to obstacle which i am not aware of. I have paid advance with the view that at least 1000 plots would be there, hence would see development soon.

2. There seems to be lake(Nadivaram lake) near by, which i was not aware when i visited the site. It was not visible from the land, may be due to Babul Trees. Would it be problem if lake is near by. may be 400-500mts.

3. Also, the land has "theru kuthu" on its North-Notheast, which i referred with vasthu online, seems to be "very good", but i am not sure.

I would be great full to hear your help, whether this would be good investment for me, or at least if i can't build house, would i be able to gain my money if sell it after 3 years.

Looking forward to your kind help.

Thanks in advance.
    Shekar
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by shekar
    Hi,

I am planning to purchase plot near Karanai Pudhchery. Here are the details of plot.

I am looking to purchase this property for building home ( may be after 3 years). I have already paid advance, and now have concerns.

1. Seems this layout(Mallika) was sold on 2005 and there is a layout (Sakthy vinayaga nagar) which was sold on 2002. It is almost more than 8 years since it was sold, still there is no house has been built. Like these there are other layouts such as Damodar Nagar, Golden Avenue sold by BLB and Abi estates respectively. They too do not have any house so far. I am worried if this was due to obstacle which i am not aware of. I have paid advance with the view that at least 1000 plots would be there, hence would see development soon.

2. There seems to be lake(Nadivaram lake) near by, which i was not aware when i visited the site. It was not visible from the land, may be due to Babul Trees. Would it be problem if lake is near by. may be 400-500mts.

3. Also, the land has "theru kuthu" on its North-Notheast, which i referred with vasthu online, seems to be "very good", but i am not sure.

I would be great full to hear your help, whether this would be good investment for me, or at least if i can't build house, would i be able to gain my money if sell it after 3 years.

Thanks in advance.
    Shekar

Shekar let me take a guess from the flavor of your message is this property resale from -

COLONEL RAMESH ?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by SRajagopalan
    Shekar let me take a guess from the flavor of your message is this property resale from -

COLONEL RAMESH ?

Yes. It is.
    I have been there morning again to that place. To my shock there was pit close to road, when i checked with local people, they said, it is belongs to forest, hence the layouts(Sakthy vinayagar nagar and Mallika nagar) will not have road in the future. I heard there is ongoing dispute between forest and land owners.
    CommentQuote
    Yes. It is.
    I have been there morning again to that place. To my shock there was pit close to road, when i checked with local people, they said, it is belongs to forest, hence the layouts(Sakthy vinayagar nagar and Mallika nagar) will not have road in the future. I heard there is ongoing dispute between forest and land owners.

Sir naan andha peru ean kettana there is a reason behind it sir, therukuthu online reference to it ellam maaya jaalam nammakku theriyum sir,
    sariyana answer sonna enakku eanna parisu thara pogeereeergal ?

:)
    :)
    CommentQuote
  • Sir,

I can understand you have heard or gone through some experience. I also understand from your tone that, not to proceed with purchase, thanks for that.

It would be greatly helpful if you share your experience, as it can help somebody, who seeks help.
    CommentQuote
    Sir,

I can understand you have heard or gone through some experience. I also understand from your tone that, not to proceed with purchase, thanks for that.

It would be greatly helpful if you share your experience, as it can help somebody, who seeks help.

not first hand, i never liked the location and prospect of it,
    one in my family went to look at it and droppped the idea, the forest issue was lightly known seems like most folks did not even know about it
    but my primary reason was location i did not like
    but i know him he is a show man - but you have to be so to be in this business
    CommentQuote
  • Something near kundrathur nandabakam, get a good deal near sh113, my perception says will double in 5 years. with the connectivity it will offer. Which is also in CMA limits, min power cuts unlike other suburbs
    CommentQuote
  • Next prefered locality

many people try south chennai, rather i tried north chennai in thiruvallur dist. near redhills. since south chennai got saturated with high prices , north chennai is getting many more companies like michelin industry and its alied industry, SRI city similar to maherdra city is very close as well. i see many traveller in and out to this locality via janapanchathiram..
    So since u expect returns after 3 years, invest at these places the returns will be more in percentage.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Shekar,

This place is actually lying in between Karanai Puduchery and Arungal with a reserved forest and no housing units nearby. There are many problems like roads are not good, so much lorry traffic due to stone quarry, nandhivaram lake at the rear side, etc. But still people are rushing and buying plots nearby. LAXMI city is selling at 990/sqft near to ABI and BLB layouts. Another layout in Arungal selling at 850/sqft. This can't be a proper residential area unless some big builders start one or two residential townships.

Originally Posted by shekar
    Hi,

Thanks in advance.
    Shekar
    CommentQuote

if you are planing for investment purpose best buy plot (land) not flat, for a flat you have deperession value 2% per year, if you buy a plot no depression, now the Realestate in chennai is stablised and cannot expect growth until 2017 then once again it will touch the sky that time you can dispose the land or you can develope at that time
    Best place for investment are OMR, Outter Ring road, and inner ring road Tambaram, any where on GST Road within CMDA Limits. Outskirts of CMDA Limits will want develope and rate also want rise
    Best is visit this link good project RS.1850/sqft

http://www.crescentz.com/aurora.php

the government will rise the guideline value once in 5 years after 2012 the government will rise the guideline value again in 2017. That time your land price will increase double or even trible.
    CommentQuote