Last updated: 1 week ago
5 | Posts
2777 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2400SqFt Plot For 75L at Kumaran Kudil Nagar, Chennai : Suggestions

Hi

I've looked at a few plots on the OMR Thoraipakkam stretch and have zeroed on one in Kumaran Kudil Nagar just off the main road.

The plot is a 30X80 and is on a 16 ft road. When I saw the plot I could see the road works being done to get a new tar road on that stretch.

Its a unapproved layout and and hence its patta land which requires the owner to get the approval from CMDA now its under its limit.

Has anyone bought land in this area and secured an approval for the same. I can see a lot of construction activity going on now with new apartment complexes coming up in that space. Also the rate that is quoted is 75 lacs per ground. Is this reasonable ??

thanks
    Arun

Re : 2400SqFt Plot For 75L at Kumaran Kudil Nagar, Chennai : Suggestions

If You are going to construct a house for you in this land, please do not select a layout with 16 feet roads, though that is the least street width required for getting approval from the CMDA, but You might also end up losing some portion of your road facing land. I have seen this happen in Pallikaranai.

On the other perspective, 16 feet roads are going to nightmare to live in. Do remember that public utilities like street lights, electric poles will take up some space on the road and most of the time, the road width gets reduced to 12-14 feet and even two cars crossing each other is going to be a pain.

Comment

Hi cruise_1982

Thanks for your feedback. Much appreciated.

I thought about this and since the plot is in Davaraj Avenue there is approach road for the cars on only one side. The other side is very small to allow a car. Bikers and walkers can use it though.

Hence this road is going to serve utmost the 8 plots on that stretch on either side of the road which is followed by the 24 ft road immediately.

Also I'm planning to build it for my family members in the form of apartments as a stilt + 2 floors which seems to be the norm there .....

Thanks

Comment

Need Your Inputs

Hi Arun , I'm planning to buy a flat in Devaraj Avenue. Can you shed some light on the pros and cons of this area?

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks!!

Comment

The rate is ok but 16 feet road is not good for peacefull living you will face problem in feature, drainage is not possible, four wheeler driving is risky, for a unapproved layout you have to pay OSR (10% of Guideline) in your case Guideline value is Rs.3000/sqft = 7 Lakhs 20 thousand plus Approval Cost.
          I Dont that OSR must be paid at the time of Registeration or Approval. The government has currently changed the Regulations
          Last edited August 26 2013, 11:00 PM.

Comment

Hi luvarun need a bit of advice on purchasing land in Devaraj Avenue. Kindly do reply.
            Last edited 1 week ago.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
            Working...
            X