Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Meenambakkam Come Under Airport expansion in Future?

Collapse
X
Collapse

Will Meenambakkam Come Under Airport expansion in Future?

Last updated: April 1 2018
7 | Posts
2820 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Meenambakkam Come Under Airport expansion in Future?

Dear Friends,

Iam planning to buy residential plots in cowl bazaar, near to polichalur.

It is 2.5 kms far from GST.

Is it possible to acquisition for meenambakkam airport expansion?

I contacted agents. they said new airport will come at Sriperumbuthur. there is no expansion in meenambakkam airport.

That plot have CMDA approved with NOC certificate.

and Loan also giving for this plots.

Is it advisable to buy this area?

Kindly give valuable advice.

Thanks in advance.

Re : Will Meenambakkam Come Under Airport expansion in Future?

My view is that the existing airport will stay.

Greenfield airport at Sriperambadur is still on paper. Govt has got land, got their portion of money. But no company to build it. GMR & GVK have already incurred heavy losses on BLR & Hyd airport. I am sure they will not get into Chennai airport, especially if they do not get guarantee from govt to close the existing airport.

AAI has already invested 2000cr into existing airport. So they will not close it. Money down the drain.

So I think, new airport will not happen soon.

Comment

Originally posted by k11 View Post
      My view is that the existing airport will stay.

Greenfield airport at Sriperambadur is still on paper. Govt has got land, got their portion of money. But no company to build it. GMR & GVK have already incurred heavy losses on BLR & Hyd airport. I am sure they will not get into Chennai airport, especially if they do not get guarantee from govt to close the existing airport.

AAI has already invested 2000cr into existing airport. So they will not close it. Money down the drain.

So I think, new airport will not happen soon.

Thanks for suggestions.

one more question.

What is the purpose of NOC?
      they have NOC certificate also.

If we have NOC means, An airport authority have full rights to acquire land?

Thanks

Comment

If NOC is obtained then chances of acquisition is low, also last time when AAI planned acquisition it was to extend the main runway. Now they have changed their plan and gone for extending cross runway by building a bridge across Adyar river. So possibility of extending main runway has become very remote now.

Comment

Thanks for reply.
          now what you are conclude this land ?

shall i proceed to buy or quit it?

thanks in advance

Comment

AskMydear,

If the price is right and the property is clear in terms of legal issues, please go ahead.

Rest assured, the current Meenambakkam airport is not going to be expanded further, since even if the nearby area landowners are agreeeing to part with lands, the cost of acquiring more lands for expansion will be very very prohibitive.

New airport plans are quite far away. The problem is not just about land acquisition by SG/CG, we need decent connectivity through some expressway or metro rail. Such airport wont come anywhere near any of city or suburbs but maybe some corner of Thiruvallur District, far away from CBD.I would boldly say that we wont see a new airport in Chennai (fully functional) before 2025 (even that is fast, by INDIAN STANDARDS).

Comment

Hi,

am planning to buy in cowl bazaar which is 3 km far from GST. before polichalur.

airport compound is 500 mts from layout.

CMDA approved with NOC and bank loan.

is this is ok ?

Comment

Hello Ramki,

I am planning to buy an apartment from Casa Grand which is near to BBCL Manapakkam. The location is just behind airport (approximately 300 to 500 meters from Service road) but the builder is saying that they will get the NOC from AAI , RERA registered and telling me to proceed once have the NOC. I am trying to find the current updates regarding the airport expansion and also will it be any chance in the future for further expansion in the websites but could not able to find the current details. Could you please share with me if you do have any current update and also whom to reach in the government to get some clarity of the future expansion of Airport in Manapakkam area.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                Working...
                X