Hi All,

I have a 9 cent plot in
Coimbatore and I am planning to construct an independent house there. My requirement is around 3000 sqft. with ground plus 1.

Ground floor should be around 1800 sqft with 2BHK and first floor with
2BH and open Terrace. I opt to have staircase to first floor from ground floor hall.

All rooms should be around 10.5 to 11 feet in height. Hall and bedrooms with POP falls ceiling.

Car/2 wheeler parking should available in the ground floor.

What will be the cost per square feet with teak wood carpentry, granite flooring, modular kitchen including compound wall and bore well.

Can anyone provide me the total estimate for this requirement and suggest reputed building contractor to carry out the work?

Ramasubbu
Read more
9 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • it should cost minimum 60 - 70 lakhs
    CommentQuote
  • In NCR cost of Good Construction is 1500 rs per sq ft.

It can not be less than 1000-1200 in any case.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Sarah55
    Hello,
    How much does it cost to build a new house in _______ ?

A new house will probably cost between $80 and $200 per square foot...
    In one form or another, this question is one of the most frequent requests we receive from our visitors. Unfortunately, it is also one of the few questions that we simply cannot answer very specifically. Can you tell me how much it costs to take a vacation or send my kids to college? How much should I expect to spend on a new car? What is the "average cost" of a dinner for two or a gallon of gas?

Thanks

Well said Sarah55. However, for me even $80/Sft for construction seems to be on the higherside especially in a country like India.Hello,
    How much does it cost to build a new house in _______ ?

A new house will probably cost between $80 and $200 per square foot...
    In one form or another, this question is one of the most frequent requests we receive from our visitors. Unfortunately, it is also one of the few questions that we simply cannot answer very specifically. Can you tell me how much it costs to take a vacation or send my kids to college? How much should I expect to spend on a new car? What is the "average cost" of a dinner for two or a gallon of gas?

Thanks

Well said Sarah55. However, for me even $80/Sft for construction seems to be on the higherside especially in a country like India.
    CommentQuote
  • Your total land area = 3600sqft
    as per FSI, you can build upto 6300sqft.
    You need a built up area of 3000sqft.
    Your requirements are quite basic hence you can go in with a good builder who can keep the cost at Rs.1100/- per sqft in which case your building will cost around 33Lakhs. or your building could maximum cost you 45L.
    Best wishes
    CommentQuote
  • building cost

should be around 1500 per sq ft only for construction and the rest like modular kitchen and other things u will have to do as u wish

have you found any genuine builder? Do contact Mr Durai in Vadavalli who is very famous down there and outstanding builder.
    CommentQuote
  • I want to know the current construction cost (without land cost) in Neelangarai area in 2012.
    How the builder calculate the cost per sq feet for good construction with materials & labour? Specifically for Car park, lift/stair etc.
    Is there real shortage of sand? Suggest good dependable contractors or Engineers with good experience.Please share your recent experience.
    I am planning Ground floor 900 Sq Ft-Carpet Area + First floor-1400 Sq. Ft-CA +SeconD Floor-1400 sq. Ft-CA + lift on 2400 Sq. Ft.
    CommentQuote
  • That's a big house you are planning. should cost around 1200/sq.ft.
    the contractor who built my house has done some buildings in ECR and i have seen he has done a building with lift here in T.Nagar.

Originally Posted by Ramansankara
    I want to know the current construction cost (without land cost) in Neelangarai area in 2012.
    How the builder calculate the cost per sq feet for good construction with materials & labour? Specifically for Car park, lift/stair etc.
    Is there real shortage of sand? Suggest good dependable contractors or Engineers with good experience.Please share your recent experience.
    I am planning Ground floor 900 Sq Ft-Carpet Area + First floor-1400 Sq. Ft-CA +SeconD Floor-1400 sq. Ft-CA + lift on 2400 Sq. Ft.
    CommentQuote
  • sand and gold

Oh invest in sand and not in gold . Quoting 40 k . Will t raise the cost of construction . Do comment
    CommentQuote
  • For the proposed construction of office building in Gurgaon,with total construction of
    85000 sft,which includes one basement,Ground floor and then 3 floors(G+3) building.May assume approximately each floor having an area of 17000 sft.
    What would be the app.cost of construction/Sft?
    What would be the cost of MODERATE interiors /sft in the office building?
    In case of GLAAS elevation,what would be the unit cost?
    Is there any thumb rule to add extra cost/sft on account of centralised air conditioning system for the building?
    CommentQuote