Hello Gurus,
I am not very familiar with Velachery area as I am not from Chennai originally but am very interested in buying land there to build house as we are planning to return to Chennai. I have seem comments in various forums about some areas to stay out of - like VGP selva nagar etc that get flooded ! The main point of concern in Velachery being Flood, What are some areas you would suggest looking at (and which are easily accessible from city limits). And what are the going rate for 2400 Sqft land there?

Appreciate your comments ! Thanks a lot
Read more
23 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Velachery old town may not have this problem. Particularly new areas like VijayaNagar terminus to MRTS (on both sides), VijayaNagar to Tidel right side (Tansi Nagar, Baby Nagar etc) will have this issue.
    CommentQuote
  • The way folks write here about Velachery sinking it looks like Lovebird's concept of Chennai going under the sea will become de facto standard and everyone will move out of Chennai and I will have additional crowd moving to Bangalore.
    Please dont do that! I am already suffocating with the amount of Crazy outsiders from all over India into what was Pristine bangalore.
    CommentQuote
  • But anyway, saligramam plots can not be sold for your price.

Despite your preachings but in vain, no one even attempts top buy your plot
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by lovebird
    But anyway, saligramam plots can not be sold for your price.

Despite your preachings but in vain, no one even attempts top buy your plot

Do you think I will have to pay you money and also gift you the plot?
    (I cant help laughing at the feather brained!)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Natarajg007
    Do you think I will have to pay you money and also gift you the plot?

Now you have stated the actual situation.

Otherwise you would have sold your plot much earlier
    CommentQuote
  • Now you know why you are a Pitchakaran? You need a free house and free money on top of it! You have justified my view of you. Clear!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Natarajg007
    Now you know why you are a Pitchakaran? You need a free house and free money on top of it! You have justified my view of you. Clear!

Ha ha, what to do.

You have become mad due to your inablity in selling your plots
    CommentQuote
  • We are planning to buy a flat in Malles Arcadia, Velachery. How is the water logging and sewage in that area??Is it worth to buy apt there?
    CommentQuote