Hi Guys,

I am not an Expert in RE. Please suggest me what would be the ideal amount of an 2BHK house (villa and apartment) in a good locality at south chennai. Also is this a right time to buy a house? as the inflation went negative now. How this deflation will impact RE?

Can any body throw some lights on it?

Thanks,
Syed.
Read more
13 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • In chitlapakkam there are lot of duplexes coming up. close to OMR & Velachery - Medavakkam road.

you will get atleast 1/2 ground plus built up of atleast 1750 sft. heard the price is 2,500/- sft.

check out.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks Natpu!!.. But as per the current market status, should i wait for it to go low or will it be high after some time?
    CommentQuote
  • In my opinion it has or almost reached the lowest. Between now & next 6 months, if there is any correction it could be in the range of another 10% plus / minus.

It's similar to the share market - no one can time the market.

Depending on your personal situation, it's your call.

I bought a duplex last month in Medavakkam - Plot 1,440 SFT, Built Up 1,950 SFT and it costed all inclusive 62L.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Syedali.v
    Thanks Natpu!!.. But as per the current market status, should i wait for it to go low or will it be high after some time?

Whether you buy now or next year, price will be the same
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by lovebird
    Whether you buy now or next year, price will be the same

well, well from "prices will fall" to "prices will be same" is quite a change
    lovebird. welcome to the club.
    CommentQuote
  • Posted 2 weeks back.

Originally Posted by natpudan
    A duplex is up for sale in Friends Avenue, Medavakkam,

Land 1440 SFT & Built Up 1850 SFT. The price they ask is 63L all incl.

Is it a fair price? Is the area a good one?

Posted Yesterday :

In my opinion it has or almost reached the lowest. Between now & next 6 months, if there is any correction it could be in the range of another 10% plus / minus.

I bought a duplex last month in Medavakkam - Plot 1,440 SFT, Built Up 1,950 SFT and it costed all inclusive 62L.

I bought the property. It's 1440 SFT plot & built up is 1950 SFT. Price is all inclusive 62L. It's direct from the builder. The other 14 houses in that compound was sold at a higher price last year & this one was the last. I checked with the neighbours and they had bought it at a higher price.

Natpudan, You are the quickest HomeBuyer ... Even if you mean last month as June , You appear to have done the transaction in 2-4 Days .

Great stuff. As expected, Shall I ask who is the builder ?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by natpudan
    In my opinion it has or almost reached the lowest. Between now & next 6 months, if there is any correction it could be in the range of another 10% plus / minus.

did you take a home loan to buy or was it full cash down?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by natpudan
    In chitlapakkam there are lot of duplexes coming up. close to OMR & Velachery - Medavakkam road.

you will get atleast 1/2 ground plus built up of atleast 1750 sft. heard the price is 2,500/- sft.

check out.

In chitlapakkam plots are being sold at Rs.800/sq.ft by some land developers. resale plots are available for Rs.500/sq.ft

considering a construction cost of Rs.950/sq.ft......still price of Rs.2500/- sq.ft at chitlapakkam is too high for buyer...so even after all this slowdown the builder wants big margins....?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by contra
    In chitlapakkam plots are being sold at Rs.800/sq.ft by some land developers. resale plots are available for Rs.500/sq.ft

considering a construction cost of Rs.950/sq.ft......still price of Rs.2500/- sq.ft at chitlapakkam is too high for buyer...so even after all this slowdown the builder wants big margins....?

are you discussing chitlapakkam(tambaram) or sithalapakkam(ponmar-medavakkam).if it is chitlapakkam(tambaram) 800/ is a steal
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by abk
    are you discussing chitlapakkam(tambaram) or sithalapakkam(ponmar-medavakkam).if it is chitlapakkam(tambaram) 800/ is a steal

i meant the one near siruseri-ponmar....

all these pakkams have confusing and similar names
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sethugm
    Posted 2 weeks back.

Posted Yesterday :

Natpudan, You are the quickest HomeBuyer ... Even if you mean last month as June , You appear to have done the transaction in 2-4 Days .

Great stuff. As expected, Shall I ask who is the builder ?

Sethu,

u r right. it was in june.

the builder is kaarthiga foundations.

it was not cash down. axis gave me 80% in 2 weeks time.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Guys,

As per your suggestion it seems that the price might increase after next year onwards depends on market. So if i buy with in next year what would be the price of 2BHK apartment( not villa) near chennai south area? and what would be the same apartment cost after an year?

Thanks,
    Syed.
    CommentQuote
  • Sethu & Contra:

the builder is kaarthiga foundations.

axis gave me 80% in just a week since i had a pre-approved loan.
    CommentQuote