Guys,

I need a advice on this matter...

In 2003, i bought a flat in my name and it is still in my name. However, now iam British(since may 2006) my question is any implications on this interms of selling flat or giving this propert to someone else? hw does it work?

Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks
Read more
3 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by wasiter
    Guys,

I need a advice on this matter...

In 2003, i bought a flat in my name and it is still in my name. However, now iam British(since may 2006) my question is any implications on this interms of selling flat or giving this propert to someone else? hw does it work?

Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks

I think there shouldn't be any problem, all you would need to do is to apply for a Person of Indian Origin(PIO) card

Check with the embassy authorities for the procedure and people who have prior experience in such issues for more clarification.

Since you are not in India, you may have to buy/sell using power of attorneys and transactions through NRE/NRO accounts.

you can find more details on PIO status from the following link

CommentQuote
  • dual citizenship

Dual citizenship is now available so you can apply for dual citisenship. there is no issue holding properties abroad
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by chandra_2009
    Dual citizenship is now available so you can apply for dual citisenship. there is no issue holding properties abroad

What do u mean by DUAL CITIZENSHIP? i have a British Passport ... can i keep indian passport? i don't think i can..
    CommentQuote