Hello everyone,

I am looking for some input related to construction cost. Here is some background info.

Looking to construct a house with 6 independent units (for 6 family members). 2 units on Ground floor, 2 units on first floor and 1 unit on second floor. Total area including stairwell is roughly 5700 sq. ft. There is a 1000 sq. ft car parking area in the front on the ground floor.

To give you a sense of the quality of construction: RCC framework, Ultra tech cement, Tata Steel rods, vitrified 2x2 tiles, teakwood for door frames/windows etc. and good quality paint for interior and exteriors. Given the quality of the soil in this area, the structural engineer has advised that we build pile foundation (60 piles each to a depth of 18 feet).

Here are my questions:
1. How much should I expect to pay per sq. ft for a project like this?
2. There is 12000 litre underground sump for water. How much would this cost?
3. How would the total construction cost break down by stages? For example, how much of the cost would be incurred by the time the foundation has been completed (piles completed, land raised 3.5 feet from the road level using good quality sand and surface finished off with PCC and underground sump completed).

Any advice on this is greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Read more
52 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by sethugm
    Just would like to add another query related to apartment construction cost.

Read from another thread that L&T Eden is using some advanced construction technology & it cost them Rs 2430 PSQFT. Am reading from this thread that the average is around Rs 1000 PSQFT . And hence not able to beleive Rs 2430.

L&T says that they are constructing walls with concrete (not with bricks), and they advertise that the buildings withstand earthquakes. This may be the reason for the cost difference.
    CommentQuote
  • Construction cost

Just now i completed the construction of my house. Costed me around 800-900 /sqft with teak wood for enrance doors, patak for windows, tiles for flooring . Engineer was reasonable though at the end of the construction he asked additional 1 lakh ( quality was good so i did nt mind paying this).

Most of the engineers /construtors will charge you the full amount for carparking area and slab area but half or even 1/4 of the amount is justfiable for these areas. let me know if you need any more information. ( so far i have constructed 2 houses with engineers and would say second one is good )
    CommentQuote
  • Hi chandra

i have query . i want to leave ground floor fully for car parking will the builder still charge 1000 rs/s.ft for that. please clarify.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by chandra_2009
    Just now i completed the construction of my house. Costed me around 800-900 /sqft with teak wood for enrance doors, patak for windows, tiles for flooring . Engineer was reasonable though at the end of the construction he asked additional 1 lakh ( quality was good so i did nt mind paying this).

Most of the engineers /construtors will charge you the full amount for carparking area and slab area but half or even 1/4 of the amount is justfiable for these areas. let me know if you need any more information. ( so far i have constructed 2 houses with engineers and would say second one is good )

Can we have Engineer details, who has done good work to your house - Siva
    CommentQuote
  • Hi friends,

I am looking to construct apartments G + 2 total 3500 sq ft.

Gfloor - 4 parking lots, FF - 1750 sq ft, 2 nd Floor - 1750 sqft. Location Alvarthirunagar.

What will be the approximate construction cost per sq.ft.

Building plan approval costs?

How long building plan approval takes? Also construction period ?

Thanks
    CommentQuote
  • Rs 1500 per sqft
    CommentQuote
  • The cost seems to be slightly on the higher side. I was enquiring other people too.

They were of the opinion that it will cost 1200 to 1300 depending on specification.

What will be building plan approval costs and time taken for building approval.

I heard we need to take panchayat approval for building plan considering the location of land.
    CommentQuote
  • Construction Cost in Thirvuanmiyur

OK guys. I never posted in real estate forum. I live near Miami, FL, USA. I found a builder (in Feb/March 2011) who is about to complete the construction of 5 apartments(Ground floor with 5 car parking and 1 2BR apt, 2 more floors - 4 2 BR apts.) in Thiruvanmiyur on the plot that I have. He charges me Rs.1250/- sq.ft and Rs.850 for Car Parking. The builder is really good and does things better than other builders with my personal experience. I think the rate that I received is one of the best rates. I just wanted to share with members of this forum.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Krishna,

What was the time taken for buiding plan approval? how much was the cost for you spent for building plan approval?
    CommentQuote
  • The time taken for building approval was around 2 to 3 months as we went through 2 builders and did modification of plan also. I am not sure about the amount that we spent for approval including modification. I can confirm about it in my next posting.
    CommentQuote
  • smkrishna,

You told here you are in US. I am in north america too.

I would like to call you over .
    CommentQuote
  • krishna,
    what is the plot size is yours?

What is the FSI approval you got for construction? Normally CMDA approves 1.5 FSI and if adjoining road is 30 ft wide, they approve premium FSI of 0.2 thus making total FSI 1.7.

Also, Did you check with builder, the completion certificate is required for your building? I am not sure with out completion certificate, you will be able to get electricity connection
    CommentQuote
  • I gave information to srikris and shaikindia about my builder. If anybody else is interested, contact me.
    CommentQuote
  • Dear smkrishna,

Please PM the builder's name/number to me as well.

Thanks
    CommentQuote
  • Personal Information: Do not post personal information, such as full names, email addresses, numbers, or home/business addresses on the forum. If you feel the need to disclose this information, do it in a private message. Posts containing personal information will be deleted.

https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/important-threads/iref%C2%AE-rules/5499-iref-rules--please-read?t=6437
    CommentQuote