Hello everyone,

I am looking for some input related to construction cost. Here is some background info.

Looking to construct a house with 6 independent units (for 6 family members). 2 units on Ground floor, 2 units on first floor and 1 unit on second floor. Total area including stairwell is roughly 5700 sq. ft. There is a 1000 sq. ft car parking area in the front on the ground floor.

To give you a sense of the quality of construction: RCC framework, Ultra tech cement, Tata Steel rods, vitrified 2x2 tiles, teakwood for door frames/windows etc. and good quality paint for interior and exteriors. Given the quality of the soil in this area, the structural engineer has advised that we build pile foundation (60 piles each to a depth of 18 feet).

Here are my questions:
1. How much should I expect to pay per sq. ft for a project like this?
2. There is 12000 litre underground sump for water. How much would this cost?
3. How would the total construction cost break down by stages? For example, how much of the cost would be incurred by the time the foundation has been completed (piles completed, land raised 3.5 feet from the road level using good quality sand and surface finished off with PCC and underground sump completed).

Any advice on this is greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Read more
52 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • construction cost in chennai

can u please give me too the contact details of the builder.
    CommentQuote
  • construction cost in chennai

Originally Posted by smkrishna
    I gave information to srikris and shaikindia about my builder. If anybody else is interested, contact me.

Can you please give me too the contact details of the builder
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by virgosam
    Can you please give me too the contact details of the builder

Virgosam,
    As I cannot post the details, please PM your email address and I will send you the details.
    CommentQuote
  • Hello Krishna,

Thanks for the useful information. Kindly send the builder details to me too. My email address is selvan142 at yahoo dot com.

Regards,
    thamizh
    CommentQuote
  • Constrruction cost in Chennai

Originally Posted by smkrishna
    Virgosam,
    As I cannot post the details, please PM your email address and I will send you the details.

Thanks for your repsonse.My email id is harita129@gmail.com

Also please let me know whether the rate you have mentioned is inclusive
    of compundwall.gates,weathering course in the terrrace,Underground sump,Overhaed Tank, septic tank levelling and paving the open space around the house etc.You may please furnish the details to my personal
    mail. Soory if I am bothering you too much.
    Thanks
    virogam
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Krishna, heard this stretch is marked as aquifer regions and hence approvals are not given easily. What was your plot area and frontage? did you get CMDA approval or DTCP approval? I'm having a plot and planning to construct but having some challenges.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by auroram
    Hi Krishna, heard this stretch is marked as aquifer regions and hence approvals are not given easily. What was your plot area and frontage? did you get CMDA approval or DTCP approval? I'm having a plot and planning to construct but having some challenges.

My plot area is 1800 sq.ft. I don't know about frontage. It's a corner plot and both sides I have roads. I think my brother and builder got CMDA Approval. You can contact the builder directly to know more about the process and cost involved in getting approval.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by smkrishna
    My plot area is 1800 sq.ft. I don't know about frontage. It's a corner plot and both sides I have roads. I think my brother and builder got CMDA Approval. You can contact the builder directly to know more about the process and cost involved in getting approval.

Hi Krishna, I am Krishna too, could you please send me the details of the builder to me? I am looking at starting to construct a house for myself in July 2012. M
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by smkrishna
    Virgosam,

Hi Krishna,
    Could you send the detail
    CommentQuote
  • Dear Mr Krishna,
    I am looking to get construction done at Ashok Nagar. Can you please send me your contactor`s details ? Thanks very much,
    CommentQuote
  • Hi
    I can provide you cost of construction with current price of material ,The quote may differ based on your need and want.Since this forum cannot be used for business purpose.Please forward your need to letsaiknowatgmail.com ,I let you know the details.
    CommentQuote
  • need contact details Please

Just saw your post about a dependable builder. I am planning construction of my house. Can you please send me the builder's contact info. Much obliged. Thanks
    CommentQuote
  • Contact info of builder please

Sorry. the post was addressed to mr. smkrishna
    CommentQuote
  • Can we have Engineer details, who has done good work to your house - Siva
    CommentQuote
  • Details of the builders needed....

Hi anyone please send me the details of the good builders to me with reasonable cost.

I am from middle class family going to construct a new house in my own land at ambattur (kallikuppm) (50 x 25) with 2 bedrooms.
    CommentQuote