Hello everyone,

I am looking for some input related to construction cost. Here is some background info.

Looking to construct a house with 6 independent units (for 6 family members). 2 units on Ground floor, 2 units on first floor and 1 unit on second floor. Total area including stairwell is roughly 5700 sq. ft. There is a 1000 sq. ft car parking area in the front on the ground floor.

To give you a sense of the quality of construction: RCC framework, Ultra tech cement, Tata Steel rods, vitrified 2x2 tiles, teakwood for door frames/windows etc. and good quality paint for interior and exteriors. Given the quality of the soil in this area, the structural engineer has advised that we build pile foundation (60 piles each to a depth of 18 feet).

Here are my questions:
1. How much should I expect to pay per sq. ft for a project like this?
2. There is 12000 litre underground sump for water. How much would this cost?
3. How would the total construction cost break down by stages? For example, how much of the cost would be incurred by the time the foundation has been completed (piles completed, land raised 3.5 feet from the road level using good quality sand and surface finished off with PCC and underground sump completed).

Any advice on this is greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Read more
52 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • @Vadivel89
    What is the current market value for 1 ground land in Ambattur Kallikuppam Autolec colony ...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by smkrishna
    OK guys. I never posted in real estate forum. I live near Miami, FL, USA. I found a builder (in Feb/March 2011) who is about to complete the construction of 5 apartments(Ground floor with 5 car parking and 1 2BR apt, 2 more floors - 4 2 BR apts.) in Thiruvanmiyur on the plot that I have. He charges me Rs.1250/- sq.ft and Rs.850 for Car Parking. The builder is really good and does things better than other builders with my personal experience. I think the rate that I received is one of the best rates. I just wanted to share with members of this forum.

Dear Krishna,

I am planning to start construction on my plot in Madippakam for own use. Could you share with me your builder contact details at getarvi through PM/ Visitor Message ? Also, could you let me know what is included and excluded in this price ?

Your information going to be vital to my construction venture. Thanks in advance !
    CommentQuote
  • I am planning to construct house on my SPKoil plot. From various enquiries, I gather that the current construction cost, excluding compound wall etc, is around Rs1,600 psqft !! This cost is growing by about 15% y-o-y.
    CommentQuote
  • Also refer to these links which provide useful information about construction cost.

Construction Material Rates | Building material cost India | Building Materials

And one can probably get stage-by-stage cost by updating the latest costs in these tables provided by The Hindu / askacc.
    The Hindu : Property Plus Chennai : Planning construction costs (May 2005)
    CommentQuote
  • Hello friends,
    I am planning to construct house in my land of 1425 sqrft.can anyone tell me good contractors at reasonable rate.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Stramesh18
    Hello friends,
    I am planning to construct house in my land of 1425 sqrft.can anyone tell me good contractors at reasonable rate.

Saw an ad in Times of india today for contract work with the rates as :

Economy class - 1150 psqft
    SuperDeluxe - 1250 psqft
    Luxury - 1350 psqft

Please refer to the paper for his contact number.
    CommentQuote
  • CommentQuote