Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Legal Advice - Property cheat

Collapse
X
Collapse

Legal Advice - Property cheat

Last updated: November 16 2012
3 | Posts
1171 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Legal Advice - Property cheat

    Hi

    I have booked a flat two years ago by paying 10% percent of the actual amount. Till now there is no progression in this project and whenever we contact the builder they telling the approval is pending and it will be approved soon. If the builder refuse to pay me the interest amount for this 2 yrs, can i legally meet him? Is it valid i can ask him principal + Interest money? Is there any other valuable suggestion? Please let me know.
  • #2

    #2

    Re : Legal Advice - Property cheat

    Did you sign any agreements ? Hopefully not ! then IMHO, better cancel it

    Originally posted by chennaiite View Post
    Hi

    I have booked a flat two years ago by paying 10% percent of the actual amount. Till now there is no progression in this project and whenever we contact the builder they telling the approval is pending and it will be approved soon. If the builder refuse to pay me the interest amount for this 2 yrs, can i legally meet him? Is it valid i can ask him principal + Interest money? Is there any other valuable suggestion? Please let me know.

    Comment

    • #3

      #3

      Re : Legal Advice - Property cheat

      Originally posted by Arunag View Post
      Did you sign any agreements ? Hopefully not ! then IMHO, better cancel it
      I had signed the agreement and then we had given the 10%.




      pls advise.
      Last edited November 16 2012, 04:34 PM. Reason: typo

      Comment

      • #4

        #4

        Re : Legal Advice - Property cheat

        I think your agreement must have mentioned the number of years for possession. Usually its 3years + 6months grace period. After that you shall start getting the penalty.
        In any case you would need to work intelligently for this. Legal option should be the last resort.
        First try to put this up for sale. You might get a good deal. Book your profit and go for some other property.
        Else talk to builder that you would like to cancel your allottment as there is no progress. If builder is good he shall refund with interest.
        Lastly, look for legal option.

        Comment

        Have any questions or thoughts about this?
        Working...
        X