Real Estate bubble in India

Last updated: June 30 2013
158 | Posts
136 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real Estate bubble in India

How do we know if the RE bubble in India has burst or is about to burst? The RE bubble in Japan went through this cycle, the RE in USA experienced the same. Some areas got hit more than others meaning RE dropped by 20% - 30% in some areas and 10% in other areas.
    Do you think the bubble will take longer to burst ?
    29.21%
    Do you think the bubble is ready to burst?
    40.45%
    Do you think the bubble has already burst?
    19.10%
    Do you think the bubble has burst and we are on the way up?
    11.24%

The poll is expired.

Re : Real Estate bubble in India

Originally posted by ferrous_1 View Post
    How do we know if the RE bubble in India has burst or is about to burst? The RE bubble in Japan went through this cycle, the RE in USA experienced the same. Some areas got hit more than others meaning RE dropped by 20% - 30% in some areas and 10% in other areas.
    RE bubble in India is yet to fully burst

Comment

Originally posted by lovebird View Post
      RE bubble in India is yet to fully burst
      "fully burst"
      have you seen a partly burst bubble????

Comment

A fifth option " None of these" would have been better as there is no bubble.

Comment

Good one!

Originally posted by abk View Post
          "fully burst"
          have you seen a partly burst bubble????
          Unlike a soap bubble which bursts in a second, RE bubbles burst slowly over months and years - like the slow motion action films!!!

Despite the reservations about the balance in choices, one has to commit to what they think. So, I have committed. The interesting feature here, unlike the other poll is that voters IDs are also listed. No harm done!

cheers

Comment

Guys,

My bullishes is for the long term prospects of my country India. Which is why i urge people to be bullish on India and not to worry much about job prospects or long term investments within India.

But I don't support these real estate brokers.

I have been observing for past few days or weeks suddenly a lot of new ids who are directly discussing about buy and sell and quoting unrealistic prices like Rs.2500/sq.ft for a villa in far away ponmar or Rs.1.1 C for a ground in west mogappair.

Let me share a secret. Chennai RE Bubble as burst already, I know the exact date when it burst.............it was August 2008, exactly a year back.

Only if the (1) salaries increase by 30-40% in services & manufacturing sectors in India (2) economic recovery takes place in US, Europe back to 2007 levels the height of western prosperity ..........only then we can expect a rise in Chennai RE.

While I am sure (2) may never happen......(1) will happen but will take a longer time as BRIC (India, Brazil, Russia, China) economies even though fast growing will take time for domestic adjustments before becoming the next superpowers.

Comment

hello contra,

The bubble may have burst in august 2008 but cautious people started talking about unsustainable prices in
              june 2007 itself.It took more than a year for the wisdom to manifest itself in the market...It seems to me it is still early days yet for the downward slide in the market.It will take another one year atleast for buyers to be confident about value for money....
              regards
              unlikely

Comment

Originally posted by contra View Post
                A fifth option " None of these" would have been better as there is no bubble.
                In another post you were saying bubble burst in august 2008 and here you are saying there is no bubble.Now I understand why your name is contra

Comment

Originally posted by BigBear View Post
                  In another post you were saying bubble burst in august 2008 and here you are saying there is no bubble.Now I understand why your name is contra
                  In this topsy-turvy world where analysts, experts, like S&P, Moody's, IMF, World Bank, bank governers, heads of state, politicians are not giving proper signals to people and are changing their predictions every 3 months........

it is better to be contra and listen to both sides of the spectrum.......than just be a bigbear or a bigbull.

Comment

Right again!

Originally posted by contra View Post
                    In this topsy-turvy world where analysts, experts, like S&P, Moody's, IMF, World Bank, bank governers, heads of state, politicians are not giving proper signals to people and are changing their predictions every 3 months........

it is better to be contra and listen to both sides of the spectrum.......than just be a bigbear or a bigbull.

Right again, Contra!

On March 9th, when Nifty was 2575 and everyone was saying 1900, I (luckily) went long (just a throw of the dice since no one saw this big upmove coming). That was contra.

On July 6th, even as the FM was reading out the budget, around 4450 I (luckily) went short even as all others were looking at 4700-5000. That was contra again (who ever said you can't get lucky twice, that too in a row!!!).

In this confused and confusing market, there is no bull or bear - leave alone bigbear or bigbull. You play the game of reversal to the mean as sentiment (reflected in prices) tend to get too bullish or too bearish.

It does pay to be contra. But be careful as you should not be too contra too early. Timing is crucial! Luck too plays a crucial role!

cheers
                    Last edited by wiseman; July 10 2009, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Tags: None
                    Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X