Collapse

Real Estate bubble in India

Last updated: June 30 2013
158 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Real Estate bubble in India

Nats, its not your arguments. Its your language!!!

Originally posted by Natarajg007 View Post
    You have not been abused one bit and if you felt bad with me, I am sorry. All I can tell you for sure is, I can tend to ignore your posts and you can continue to write here. Remember, contrarian means disagreement and disagreement does not mean abuse.
    Anyway the call is yours, not that I miss you but I have no reasons to make you feel sorry personally. All the best and hope you pursue what is good for you.

Nats,

Use this rule whenever you post something.

Read your post before submitting it. See if you like the language as if someone else had written the specific post and directed it at you. If you are satisfied, submit. Else, correct till satisfied and then submit.

Do unto others s you would like them to do unto you! This way, you will ensure people read your post concentrating on the logic rather than the language and get all riled about it!

Contra. Lets be mature. Stay logged on! After all, I do need my alleged "proxies"!

cheers

Comment

I have always understood the points ...

Wisey,
      I am happy you understand what I have said by indirectly thanking Nabhishek. Now we can battle out the only point "will it rise now or not..is it investment time now or not".
      Strange why you have been fighting with me worthlessly all these months when you understand what I wrote!

I have always understood your points. But you did not seem to have tolerance to other's points of view which may be contradicting yours simply because they are contrarian to your direction.

Thats the only difference.

Meanwhile, as I have said, there are major economic forces none of us have experienced in our lifetime that are working their way thru the world's economies. I continue to be bearish and hold the belief that prices have still a long way to decline in real terms. The bottom is still a while away simply because the economic world is contracting after all the excesses. In between there may very well be rallies like the one we saw. But the "secular" direction is down (here secular has nothing to do with religion ).

cheers

Comment

You were coming on too strong!

Wisey,
        I am happy you understand what I have said by indirectly thanking Nabhishek. Now we can battle out the only point "will it rise now or not..is it investment time now or not".
        Strange why you have been fighting with me worthlessly all these months when you understand what I wrote!

You were coming on too strong and too categorical with your views.

I was providing a countervailing force!

cheers

Comment

I'm in this to make money! What about you?

Originally posted by Vinod Gupte View Post
          Besides, in the final analysis, even if this analysis turns out wrong as many time it does,

-- covering your bases, eh? based on pure technicals, you think that the markets will tank by aug 5th because of the head and shoulders patten created on the charts. well, i don't argue now, but we will wait till aug 5th. i do not have any opinion on this, really, but am curious to see how accurate technical analyses are.

Vinod,

Technically, strictly speaking, this call of mine has nearly failed (so far; its not through yet, but we are near the failure point!).

Let me explain ... I had called a down leg touching 3800 at least. This should have given a move of 900 points from 4700 and 680 points from budget peak of budget day.

It stopped short at 3950, giving instead 750 and 530 point drops. As far as I'm concerned, the down leg call was correct (as it achieved 78% to 83% of the move!) but it was what technical chartists call as a failure move.

A strict interpretation of my call would say this was a wrong call and so the score now is 1:1, BigBear.

But a smart trader will not wait for the last point to be reached. He will leave 100 points or so before the target and cut positions so that the buyer also has some thing to look forward to!

I cut my position at 4000 (I'd had enough of a profit margin to feel satisfied). And I went long at 4200 after confirming that this upmove was strong enough. I have rolled with the blow and there is a possibility of my calling a bullish move if the Nifty crosses 4700 upwards; otherwise the down call still remains). So, in terms of making money, this call was correct - and in the end thats what its all about!

Once again, fundamentals, technicals and all predictions are approximations at best. They are guides and not precise scientific instruments. Any attempt to look at these tools as precision instruments may hurtyou bad. You may win an argument but lose your deposit.

So, you bet I was covering my bases. Any sensible trader would. If you do get into the market, you will not last a month if you don't!

You set the rudder in the direction provided by the tools/system. But don't set it on autopilot. Keep a watch all the time since rocks may appear at anytime. And have a backup plan when they do appear so you don't crash on them.

Every commercial entity does this as a routine practice. So, why are people surprised when traders do it to cover risks? Maybe others are always itching to find reasons to deride traders and say, "see, I told you! Its all a gamble". All life is a gamble and many a time, when you are driving at 100 kmph, you are probably taking a risk (regarding your driving capability) far higher than any trader takes on the markets.

cheers

Comment

Covering ur house

Hi Nats!

Have followed the same sound principle as espoused by Abhishek.

Man i have bought land at twice my requirement.

So when the time comes, i chose my neighbour and build a house on the monies of the other half sold to the neighbour.

The trick was told to me by a broker.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseman View Post
              Nats,

Use this rule whenever you post something.

Read your post before submitting it. See if you like the language as if someone else had written the specific post and directed it at you. If you are satisfied, submit. Else, correct till satisfied and then submit.

Do unto others s you would like them to do unto you! This way, you will ensure people read your post concentrating on the logic rather than the language and get all riled about it!

Contra. Lets be mature. Stay logged on! After all, I do need my alleged "proxies"!

cheers
              That was a nice way of Aadu nanaithathu Oonai kulir kainthathu! LOL!
              Well I dont say anything incorrect or amiss, just that I dont try to please someone who is wrong! There is no need to be soft to collect audience as I dont write for the front benchers!
              As for your proxies, certainly Contra was not in that list, atleast as per me. Unless ofcourse he was one as per you Wisey!

Comment

You were coming on too strong and too categorical with your views.

I was providing a countervailing force!

cheers
                Actually one needs to look at the posts late last year! There was one guy calling himself Wiseman, who would come very hard on anyone who contradicted him to the point none even tried doing it. Until I came and gave him his own medicine! Cheers.

Comment

Vinod,

Technically, strictly speaking, this call of mine has nearly failed (so far; its not through yet, but we are near the failure point!).

Let me explain ... I had called a down leg touching 3800 at least. This should have given a move of 900 points from 4700 and 680 points from budget peak of budget day.

It stopped short at 3950, giving instead 750 and 530 point drops. As far as I'm concerned, the down leg call was correct (as it achieved 78% to 83% of the move!) but it was what technical chartists call as a failure move.

A strict interpretation of my call would say this was a wrong call and so the score now is 1:1, BigBear.

But a smart trader will not wait for the last point to be reached. He will leave 100 points or so before the target and cut positions so that the buyer also has some thing to look forward to!

I cut my position at 4000 (I'd had enough of a profit margin to feel satisfied). And I went long at 4200 after confirming that this upmove was strong enough. I have rolled with the blow and there is a possibility of my calling a bullish move if the Nifty crosses 4700 upwards; otherwise the down call still remains). So, in terms of making money, this call was correct - and in the end thats what its all about!

Once again, fundamentals, technicals and all predictions are approximations at best. They are guides and not precise scientific instruments. Any attempt to look at these tools as precision instruments may hurtyou bad. You may win an argument but lose your deposit.

So, you bet I was covering my bases. Any sensible trader would. If you do get into the market, you will not last a month if you don't!

You set the rudder in the direction provided by the tools/system. But don't set it on autopilot. Keep a watch all the time since rocks may appear at anytime. And have a backup plan when they do appear so you don't crash on them.

Every commercial entity does this as a routine practice. So, why are people surprised when traders do it to cover risks? Maybe others are always itching to find reasons to deride traders and say, "see, I told you! Its all a gamble". All life is a gamble and many a time, when you are driving at 100 kmph, you are probably taking a risk (regarding your driving capability) far higher than any trader takes on the markets.

cheers
                  Failures in stock trading can be covered with stop losses. Failures in RE trade cant be managed that way. After selling for a song, you cant get that piece of fantastic land ever again!
                  I think Wiseman will learn from his failed stock experiences and learn to talk more logically with RE. After all his misjudgement wont cost just him, his own money but those of many who may unwittingly think his view is right on RE and act inappropriately! God save them from him!

Comment

Originally posted by Sansei View Post
                    Hi Nats!

Have followed the same sound principle as espoused by Abhishek.

Man i have bought land at twice my requirement.

So when the time comes, i chose my neighbour and build a house on the monies of the other half sold to the neighbour.

The trick was told to me by a broker.
                    This is old trick. Buy 2 lots, sell one and build on the remaining lot! However this is not necessarily right or wrong. Depends on the necessity. If you plan to live on the built lot, you are fine otherwise you are unnecessarily converting a fast appreciating commodity called as land into a depreciating asset called building!

Comment

Nabhishek, God bless you. Your first few lines state Exactly what I have been saying. I have no simple way to appreciate your CLARITY, BREVITY and PRECISION. Once more my sincere thanks to you (one before for helping me with Reply features on this board!). We certainly need to meet sometime in life. Thank you.
                      Thank you very much for your kind words and gesture Nataraj.I am glad I didnt misquote you in my interpretation.

Comment

Tags: None
                      Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X