I have seen patta land in Greenpeace layout, near CM's farmhouse in Siruthavur. Prices around 6-7 lacs per ground 1 Km from OMR and 8-10 lacs 250-300 meter from OMR.

Anyone knows anything about this layout? any views if this is correctly priced ?
Read more
Reply
16 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Greenpeace is an old farm layout, where the plot sizes were quarter acre and above. The Current owners are subdividing and selling it after the japanese township has been announced by the government. 8 lacs for a plot 300 metres from OMR Sounds good for investment. This is a huge layout and almost similar to Classic farms in sholinganallur, hence we can expect similar potential in the long term.
    CommentQuote
  • This is Green Princess Cottage Layout now being marketted in 50 cent which gets subdivided to 5.5 cents or 1 ground inside. There was a discussion in this forum and the link is here

    Considering 7 lacs per Ground and sorrounding developments ,it is a VFM Invetsment

    https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/city-forums/chennai-real-estate/39330-farmland-within-60-kms-radius-of-chennai?t=41250
    CommentQuote
  • Ravi,

    What does VFM stands for?

    Originally Posted by RaviCbe
    This is Green Princess Cottage Layout now being marketted in 50 cent which gets subdivided to 5.5 cents or 1 ground inside. There was a discussion in this forum and the link is here

    Considering 7 lacs per Ground and sorrounding developments ,it is a VFM Invetsment

    https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/city-forums/chennai-real-estate/39330-farmland-within-60-kms-radius-of-chennai?t=41250
    CommentQuote
  • It is Value For Money due to its low attractive entry rate .

    There was an advt by owner for selling 2 grounds in last June at 8 lacks in Phase II here !!!!



    Originally Posted by thums123
    Ravi,

    What does VFM stands for?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by RaviCbe
    It is Value For Money due to its low attractive entry rate .

    There was an advt by owner for selling 2 grounds in last June at 8 lacks in Phase II here !!!!


    8 Lacks for DTCP approved land?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by din132
    8 Lacks for DTCP approved land?


    No, its subdivided unapproved patta land.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by din132
    8 Lacks for DTCP approved land?


    No, for unapproved land. I saw a DTCP approved layout within Greenpeace, some 700-800 m from OMR. This was at Rs950 psf so 4 times price of unapproved plots.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by dracula
    No, for unapproved land. I saw a DTCP approved layout within Greenpeace, some 700-800 m from OMR. This was at Rs950 psf so 4 times price of unapproved plots.


    Lot of unapproved land nearby CMs farm house; most of them are having litigation issues. - Original documents are mortgaged by Bankers from the previous owner (Sasikala’s Phinami). They are all sold by different people now as unapproved land.

    Please be careful while buying unapproved land in that area.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by din132
    Lot of unapproved land nearby CMs farm house; most of them are having litigation issues. - Original documents are mortgaged by Bankers from the previous owner (Sasikala’s Phinami). They are all sold by different people now as unapproved land.

    Please be careful while buying unapproved land in that area.


    True, need extra caution and full egal work to buyiunapproved land.

    Mortgaged land shows in EC. Once legal based on photocopy docs is ok, i insist on seeing originals at a place of seller choice. If mortgaged, seller cant give original. I take original docs before handing over any payment at registrn time.
    CommentQuote
  • dracula: I am confused, Is Greenpeace safe buy as it is a old development? What is the Guideline value like? Are the internal roads wider?

    Cruise 1982: Can you pls send contact-details of people who are looking to sell?
    CommentQuote
  • Looks like everybody is beating around the bush

    Can somebody provide me clarifications on the Greenpeace Farmlands in Siruthavur?

    Is it a safe buy as it is a old development? What is the Guideline value like? Are the internal roads wider?

    Any contact-details of people who are looking to sell Greenpeace Farmlands?
    CommentQuote
  • Positive

    I do not have all the answers - Have been to the Sirudhavur layout couple of years back when i was seriously evaluating buying a 5 ground plot there.

    The overall impression i got is that the layout does not have good internal roads. The main layout road is only probably a 30 feet mud road(on paper, but looks like 20 feet). Internal roads are more like 20/16 feet roads. So the feel of the layout is farm lands and not a proper residential.

    Panchayat approval can be taken for construction and we can build a farm house, but bank loans may not be available.

    There was also a rumour that we need to be careful with respect to double documentation , but this scare is there almost everywhere.

    The plots i looked at were resale plots , but sold using the promoters - so i contacted the promoters and not the owners. I eventually dropped the plan to buy, as i felt it was too adventurous for my risk apetite.
    CommentQuote
  • Green Princess offered by Green space . Call them and get details for your requirement

    Greenpeace Constructions –chennai real estate Chennai Flat Promoters,chennai constructions,chennai apartments

    Originally Posted by Positive
    Looks like everybody is beating around the bush

    Can somebody provide me clarifications on the Greenpeace Farmlands in Siruthavur?

    Is it a safe buy as it is a old development? What is the Guideline value like? Are the internal roads wider?

    Any contact-details of people who are looking to sell Greenpeace Farmlands?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Positive
    dracula: I am confused, Is Greenpeace safe buy as it is a old development? What is the Guideline value like? Are the internal roads wider?

    Cruise 1982: Can you pls send contact-details of people who are looking to sell?


    Greenpeace Siruthavur is unapproved patta land, sold as farmland some 15-20 years back. safe or not depends on the land for sale - since it is not approved, needs careful legal work. guideline value is 250. internal roads are 20 and 30 feet wide.
    CommentQuote
  • I agree with the view that it is priced at 7 lacs appx per ground and if it is in acre it is >1 crore. But distance matters. there are acreage available far behind which are available at 50 lacs and above. It is all reliable land and encroachment is not possible. If you want to protect it there is an association formed by the land owners to take , just become a member. In fact I have an acre in front i.e. behind JJ palace.
    CommentQuote