Chennai-based real estate development company Casa Grande has launched the largest villa project at Thalambur on OMR, the city’s IT corridor. The site is a 10-minute drive from the Sholinganallur junction, the company said in a statement. x09
x09The 18-acre project Casa Grande Pavilion will offer 350 residential units comprising independent luxury villas, twin villas and row houses. The features in the project include a clubhouse, swimming pool, party hall, open air theatre and a mini-golfing area, besides a spa and a gym.
x09
x09Independent villas will be available on a built up area of 2,325 sq ft and a land area of 1,500 sq ft with four bedrooms, two family rooms, dresser, car parks and landscaped garden area on a ground-plus-two design structure. The price starts from Rs 95 lakh.
x09
x09On the other hand, the row houses are designed on a land area of 600 sq ft and built up area of 1,121 sq ft. The price starts from Rs 48 lakh.
x09
x09“Casa Grande Pavilion will be an ultimate value product for customers in the present market. The product, price and location are with high-end specifications and we believe the customer will see phenomenal value in the product,” says Arun Kumar, founder and managing director, Casa Grande.
x09
x09Started in 2004, Casa Grande has so far developed about 1.5 million sq ft of mostly residential space through 31 projects in and around Chennai.
Read more
20 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Went to the pavilion site last weekend. Could see the model house aswell. I was not too keen on the project for the reason that you have the Electricity Board live high wires running inside the proposed site. I think it would be a real negative.

Did anybody else visited the site. Any inputs.
    CommentQuote
  • Villas seem to be small, only 1500sqft of land. 1C is high and does not seem a great value. A 3-bhk apt will be cheaper by 40L or more and would have the same size. If it was me, I would go for a 3-bhk apt and 1 ground of land at a nearby area together for 1C. Not sure how the market will be down the road for small villas.

Row houses also priced higher, maybe at 40L it might be fine. They should be much easier to resell.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sunnyvijay
    ...........I was not too keen on the project for the reason that you have the Electricity Board live high wires running inside the proposed site......

What's with Casa Grande and High tension wires!! Even their other project has the same issue!!
    CommentQuote
  • I think people are confusing this project with the perumbakkam one..Thats different one which has the HT problem ..Can someone clarify too if i am wrong
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by karthikforu
    I think people are confusing this project with the perumbakkam one..Thats different one which has the HT problem ..Can someone clarify too if i am wrong

if you travel via the navalur to thalambur road you will see a lot HT lines passing through.please verify for your self.

and the price seems too much for this project
    CommentQuote
  • Checked the site recently. It appears that all the plots are sold out. No plots available as of now. It has been launched 25 days back and surprise to know that it is sold out.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by jollyguys
    Checked the site recently. It appears that all the plots are sold out. No plots available as of now. It has been launched 25 days back and surprise to know that it is sold out.

It's a good practice to be jittery about opinionated first time posters.
    CommentQuote
  • Actually this was launched at the same time as Akshaya Today .. I did go and check Akshaya Today first and didn't like it might though due to the graveyard stuffs as already news about it leaked out and i am also quite familiar with the area as i frequent to travel there as i have few branches of my office there in OMR .

Then i saw this Ad on paper and also in the Kelambakkam junction and decided to have a look at this place too ( as anyway i had to pay the toll )

We liked the location ( 1.5 kms from main road was the only drawback ) but otherwise it good for the price .. So blocked 1 immediately. now papers are under verification with the legal team for loans

They did a good stratergy of putting on big screens the online availability when we book or block. I think 155 villas and row houses came up in the phase 1. When i went on Saturday ( friday was the launch ) 61 was booked already . Since online display was there we could choose and block what we want and not depend on words of the promoter on what is available and what is not.

That helped in quick booking i guess and could see around 152 booked by Sunday EOD ( news from my friend ) . Monday i gottu know the remaining 3 big villas also sold out by EOD.

There is a risk too as Mr.Clair pointed out. But i felt it was worth taking it for the amenities we get here and model house was 1 tempting ( though any builder will not replicate what you see and there will be defects in the end product)

Originally Posted by jollyguys
    Checked the site recently. It appears that all the plots are sold out. No plots available as of now. It has been launched 25 days back and surprise to know that it is sold out.
    CommentQuote
    Actually this was launched at the same time as Akshaya Today .. I did go and check Akshaya Today first and didn't like it might though due to the graveyard stuffs as already news about it leaked out and i am also quite familiar with the area as i frequent to travel there as i have few branches of my office there in OMR .

Then i saw this Ad on paper and also in the Kelambakkam junction and decided to have a look at this place too ( as anyway i had to pay the toll )

We liked the location ( 1.5 kms from main road was the only drawback ) but otherwise it good for the price .. So blocked 1 immediately. now papers are under verification with the legal team for loans

They did a good stratergy of putting on big screens the online availability when we book or block. I think 155 villas and row houses came up in the phase 1. When i went on Saturday ( friday was the launch ) 61 was booked already . Since online display was there we could choose and block what we want and not depend on words of the promoter on what is available and what is not.

That helped in quick booking i guess and could see around 152 booked by Sunday EOD ( news from my friend ) . Monday i gottu know the remaining 3 big villas also sold out by EOD.

There is a risk too as Mr.Clair pointed out. But i felt it was worth taking it for the amenities we get here and model house was 1 tempting ( though any builder will not replicate what you see and there will be defects in the end product)

Hi karthikforu,

Could you please share what price they quoted per/sqft for land and construction.
    CommentQuote
  • It came to around 57 lakhs inclusive of registration , service tax for a 600 ft + 100 ft plot with a built up of 1189 ( i just got a row house ) ..Villas were close to 95 lakhs over 2100 sq ft on ft plot.. its a compromise on the size of bedrooms but you still get your own terrace etc ( addition of 2 more lakhs ) making it as 59 where you get lots of amenities which is shared by 330+ households rather than 1000+ in big projects ..so dropped akshaya and joined here ..approx they were quoting 2800 for const rest for land cost
    CommentQuote
    It came to around 57 lakhs inclusive of registration , service tax for a 600 ft + 100 ft plot with a built up of 1189 ( i just got a row house ) ..Villas were close to 95 lakhs over 2100 sq ft on ft plot.. its a compromise on the size of bedrooms but you still get your own terrace etc ( addition of 2 more lakhs ) making it as 59 where you get lots of amenities which is shared by 330+ households rather than 1000+ in big projects ..so dropped akshaya and joined here ..approx they were quoting 2800 for const rest for land cost

karthikforu -

Thanks a lot for sharing it. :)
    CommentQuote
    model house was 1 tempting ( though any builder will not replicate what you see and there will be defects in the end product)

Yep.. it really was...
    PS - Visited the site today on the way to another on the same road
    CommentQuote
  • Hi All,

Just created a Yahoo Group for this project as suggested by couple of friends for initial interactions .

If someone is interested do contact me to add to this egroup with the villa / row house number so that the id can be added

casa-grande-pavilion is the group name

Cheers,
    Karthik
    CommentQuote
  • Karthik, a FB group I guess would be better. Yahoo groups are all outdated. On FB we can type what we think and get instant comments from all below it, so what do you think? By the way am en route to block RH52
    CommentQuote
  • Comparison

Hi guys im trying to follow this thread to get quote on the villa pricing
    saw type A, B, C
    do you have rough pricing on these ?
    how is the road access from OMR to the site , is the road well developed
    i have not visited so want very basic info
    What kind of approval is this DTCP ?
    CommentQuote