Hi all,

Yesterday my husband and I booked an independent villa in Casa Grande Pavillion in Thazhambur (off OMR). I would like to get some reviews about this builder. Whether they use good building materials or not. Any residents of previous Casa grande projects please post your experience in living there.
Read more
15 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • I don't own an apartment/villa from Casagrande, but I am a tenant in one of their apartments. The fittings used were all of high quality, but the construction quality leaves a lot to be desired. There is water seepage in some houses, gymnasium located in basement was totally flooded last year and even after improvement works, there is heavy water seepage this year. The tiles in swimming pool came off and they are redoing it now. For an apartment complex that was launched in 2006-2007, the formal handover is yet to happen.

One of my colleague had invested in Casagrade urbano project in Ponmar and he was arm twisted to pay 1.2 lacs extra quoting rise in construction materials,. The construction quality in this project is also pretty ordinary. Please personally visit some of their earlier projects and talk to the residents to get an idea.
    CommentQuote
  • I heard the same feedback about Casa Grande, I was planning to invest in Casa Grande Futura in Sriperumbudur and backed off.
    CommentQuote
  • Totally agree with cruise_1982. Crossed by Pavillion and the entrance looked good. I have also been to the Urbano project in Ponmar three years ago and their model house looked good. Seems they like to give a good first impression and their standards fall after that.
    CommentQuote
  • Casa Grande is a VC funded construction company. Aggressive growth and expansion is the order of the day. Investors drive these companies hard. If buyers are wary of PE funded companies such as Pacifica, those reasons to some extent hold here as well. Buyers should keep this in mind when they choose CG.

Mav
    CommentQuote
  • Sumeeth firstly congrats on booking a villa to your family. When visited too, we liked it . Of course all problems mentioned can be overcome but the price and location seems to be attractive than few other projects. Btw did u book a row house or a villa ? how much was the final cost ( excluding the service tax etc ) ? Even flats being constructed are costing close to this and so its worth making the investment here . 18 acres 330 villas is a good ratio. We could see booking going on a fast rate . Within 1 hr on Saturday the booking increased from 60 to 84 .
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by "maverick007
    Casa Grande is a VC funded construction company. Aggressive growth and expansion is the order of the day. Investors drive these companies hard. If buyers are wary of PE funded companies such as Pacifica, those reasons to some extent hold here as well. Buyers should keep this in mind when they choose CG.

Mav

What is VC and PE?
    CommentQuote
  • Venture Capital and Private Equity.
    CommentQuote
  • what are all the issues we can expect with these PV and VC companies in general ?
    CommentQuote
  • Before investing one very basic question is we will get returns r not.Actually in the above areas if u purchase plot and the construct with the help of architects if not otherwise conventional maistries you need not require to pay so much huge amount.It all comes within half of what they r quoting.Their land area is only 1600sq.ft i.e too at thalambur.Oneday builders will go to pondichery and tell they are within the city limits.So thinkover dear friends.Dear buyers,Dont fell into the trap.
    CommentQuote
  • Any idea about the approvals got for this project ? If someone can share some idea on this regard it would be great
    CommentQuote
  • Hi All.. Any Yahoo groups for this project ? I got a call from the builder that the documents are ready to be collected but still approval plan is pending they said..any one got some ideas on that ?
    CommentQuote
  • Hi All,

Just created a Yahoo Group for this project as suggested by couple of friends for initial interactions .

If someone is interested do contact me to add to this egroup with the villa / row house number so that the id can be added

casa-grande-pavilion is the group name

Cheers,
    Karthik
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sumeeth
    Hi all,

Yesterday my husband and I booked an independent villa in Casa Grande Pavillion in Thazhambur (off OMR). I would like to get some reviews about this builder. Whether they use good building materials or not. Any residents of previous Casa grande projects please post your experience in living there.

I have booked a Villa in Casa Grande Futura Sriperumbudur, and suffered a lot as they have charged an interest of 30,000 for the delay incurred due to non-subimssion of approved building plan by the builder to the bank and they are not willing to listen the reason for the delays.

Be very careful while delaing with Casa Grande
    CommentQuote
  • I purchased one of Casa Grande's villas in their Urbano project in Ponmar two years ago and was delighted with the overall experience right from the site visit to delivery. The delivery was perfectly on time and the quality of construction has been exceptional too. My cousin had had a slightly unpleasant experience with them four to five years ago due to which I was a little vary of buying from them at first. But I heard from a few of my friends that they had transformed into a much more transparent company and so I went with them. My friends were right - they are now much better than what they were in the past. Casa Grande has certainly turned over a new leaf. I have now recommended them to my friend and she has just booked a villa in the second phase of the Pavilion project. She too is extremely happy with their professionalism and transparency. They are definitely one of the most trustworthy builders in Chennai at the moment.
    CommentQuote
  • Sreevidya, your friend has to wait for some mire time to see their true colors
    CommentQuote