Team,
I was just going through the Wikimapia and wanted to know if the information mentioned in Wiki is true nor not?

I understand that there is a link road coming from medavakkam to karapakkam, but are there any "100 feet connection OMR" roads which is planned? in the wiki mapia i see multiple 100 feet connection roads to OMR which goes from pallikaranai. Is this information true? ?

Please see the link below

Wikimapia - Let's describe the whole world!
Read more
5 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Medavakkam-Karapakkam is a plan for 2026.

The following 2 pdfs are CMDA plan maps for the same! One for medavakkam stretch and the other for Karapakkam. A builder told me that the plots near Isha signature villas are marked for future acquisition!

CMDA Land Use Maps

CMDA Land Use Maps
    CommentQuote
  • If the government is serious about this project, they should start it very soon to avoid demolishing houses later.Its always easy to acquire land than to demolish the houses and then lay roads. If they delay the project by a few years, the roads might look like the inner ring road arm between velachery and Alandur, where the width is not unifrom and varies between 150-80 feet.
    CommentQuote
  • Our Govt is equipped to plan badly. The depts plan the drainage work exactly a week after new roads are laid.

But I heard that some of the recent CMDA approvals in that area is taking into account this future project. Hence no builder is coming forward to buy the vacant lands near St. Johns school in perumbakkam . For a builder its tempting, as flats near a decent school will always fetch a premium. But the CMDA have very strict criteria for approvals there
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks Vettipayan for the response. I saw the CMDA maps you have provided. I dont see any link roads from Pallikaranai to thoraipakkam/karapakkam in the CMDA plan. Also in wiki this road extends till Velachery Highway (with one connection to Balaji dental college).is this true?
    CommentQuote
  • I happen to see this forum. I don't seem to find any progress on this road.. is this still valiid?
    CommentQuote