North chennai madhavaram

Last updated: January 27 2014
40 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : North chennai madhavaram

Originally posted by Economist View Post
    Madhavaram, Puzal & Red hills is the new Waltax Road, Eliphant gate and North Beach.

All truck & Logistic office are now relocating there.

The logistic business is now based there and operate at Chennai Port, Ennore Port, Kattupalli Port, Koyambedu Market, Basin Bridge Thermal Plant, Salt Court Railway yard, Manali petro chemicals etc.

This was a dream of Chennai City Traffic Police Planning Cell for over 10 years.

Decongestion of North Chennai means Puzal, Red Hills & Madhavaram will be commercial hub.

Already that areas is now the Timber/Teak trade hub of TN.

spot on !!

Comment

Originally posted by Economist
      Sorry dude I don't know any brokers outside the forum.
      It took a while with the above for my TL to lit up. I still use the copper ballast and not the electronic one, perhaps

Mav

Comment

I appreciate your comments. BTW, I started my careering 1989 as Engineer in Manali Belt and travelled extensively for next 13 years in the same belt both through Raoyapuram and Tondiarpet in one side and Madhavaram and Moolakadai in another stretch adding to the woes of Ring road project passing through Kolatthur to Anna Nagar. How many years we witnessed traffic in the evening and what a heavy vehicles traffic we witnessed.

Then started the development in GP and ther stretch ... Only when ORR is implemented , inner side areas will come out of woes and pave way for Heavy vehicles free movement ..

ORR is meant for HV and Industries and it's supporting warehouses, godowns,etc

Originally posted by vingori View Post
        RaviCbe, first and foremost thanks for your suggestion. I will certainly consider to look beyond.

But, I think you need to be fair to Economist...please don't accuse him being 'wrong'. I'm not trying to be diplomatic, but I believe he answered to the best of his knowledge about Madhavaram & in-around, which I sincerely appreciate that.

At the same time, you may be right about the fact with ORR and also expanding the search upto Minjur. But from whatever limited knowledge I have most of the upcoming commercial establishments stretch btw Madhavarm - Puzhal - Red hills (at max) esp if their products are shipped via road. Undoubtedly, Minjur is also picking up due to its proximity to the port.

Again, my main purpose for looking around Madhavaram is - For many years now I keep hearing from different sources that sooner or later, the heavy vehicle traffic will be stopped within city limits...may be this will take years to implement. The Madhavaram truck terminus is also operational now and also I see a lot of commercial warehouses already present here. It is also within city limits (don't thrash me for this)..I mean under CMDA umbrella.

I would like to broaden the discussion a little - It would be interesting to know which other locations are traders/medium size business targeting for future expansion...I mean outside the much debated CBT zones of Chennai.

Comment

What about Washermenpet ? How about scope of investing there as the first metro station starts in Washermenpet and the metro work is in full swing and it is close to city ?

Comment

I spoke to a broker who has offered to show a few sites in SV Nagar in Madhavaram. I'm not familiar with this locality and google doesn't show any SV Nagar in Madhavaram. However, there is SakthiVel Nagar in Puzhal and I assume it could be this place the broker is talking about. I will get to know when I visit the site this week.

In btw, anyone living around Madhavaram know's about SV Nagar? what are the on-going prices? how is the water situation and any other good to know facts? I will share more details after my visit (just in case someone else is also interested).

Comment

I have a house in Madhavaram, but never heard of SV Nagar, As you mentioned, it could be close to Puzhal, but not sure. Please update after your visit.

I have lived in Madhavaram for more than 15 years and have some inputs on this area.
              1) As other members have pointed out, Madhavaram is very much within CMDA and several areas have or are either getting sewage connections presently
              2) Even for an unapproved layout, its possible to get CMDA approval by paying the corresponding charges for most layouts
              3) My house is close to 100 feet road and I used to walk to hundred feet road and get the bus in the Anna Nagar direction during my college days. Anna Nagar is only 10 to 15 mins away by Car
              4) The profile of people living in Madhavaram mostly consists of people working in North Chennai, like Manali, Milk Colony etc
              5) In the recent years, there is demand for rental from working people connected directly or indirectly with the truck terminal. My house is rented out to one such north indian family for last 3 years.
              6) The number of Bus services starting from Madhavaram has increased and so connectivity has improved
              7) When we constructed our house in 1995, we had sweet water in 6 feet(we dug a pit for planting a coconut sample and was surprised with water gushing out), but as more and more houses have come in, the water level has gone down to 25 feet
              8) Land rates have gone up just as in any other area. I purchased a plot next to my home at 222 Rs/sq feet in 2004 and the latest government guideline value is 2000 Rs/sq feet. My dad purchased a similar plot for 22 Rs/square feet in 1990.(This is to just give a view on the past appreciation and does not indicate future potential)

Hope this is useful.

Comment

gandhi123 thanks a lot for sharing a very good overview, really appreciate it.

Once i've seen the site, I will post more info about it.

Comment

Hei gandhi123,
                  my father visited the site today...the agent showed around a few sites and most of these plots are in the Vadaperumbakkam locality, I believe it is about 3-4 km from Madhavaram.

A brief summary

- The location is SRV Nagar Vadaperumbakkam
                  - It comes under the CMDA governance
                  - The price ranges from 18 to 30 L per ground
                  - I believe the brokers have jacked up the prices..as I can see a few plots in Vadaperumbakkam for about 10 to 15L per ground
                  - Most of these plots are in the low lying areas
                  - The approach roads are made of clay as of now
                  - There is reasonably good amount of Industrial activity in the surrounding areas with many small industries operating and many warehouses mushrooming around

We may make a few more visits to actually short-list something. In btw if you have any thoughts, I would really appreciate that.

rgds.

Comment

Sendrapakkam near madhavaram...

Originally posted by gandhi123 View Post
                    I have a house in Madhavaram, but never heard of SV Nagar, As you mentioned, it could be close to Puzhal, but not sure. Please update after your visit.

I have lived in Madhavaram for more than 15 years and have some inputs on this area.
                    1) As other members have pointed out, Madhavaram is very much within CMDA and several areas have or are either getting sewage connections presently
                    2) Even for an unapproved layout, its possible to get CMDA approval by paying the corresponding charges for most layouts
                    3) My house is close to 100 feet road and I used to walk to hundred feet road and get the bus in the Anna Nagar direction during my college days. Anna Nagar is only 10 to 15 mins away by Car
                    4) The profile of people living in Madhavaram mostly consists of people working in North Chennai, like Manali, Milk Colony etc
                    5) In the recent years, there is demand for rental from working people connected directly or indirectly with the truck terminal. My house is rented out to one such north indian family for last 3 years.
                    6) The number of Bus services starting from Madhavaram has increased and so connectivity has improved
                    7) When we constructed our house in 1995, we had sweet water in 6 feet(we dug a pit for planting a coconut sample and was surprised with water gushing out), but as more and more houses have come in, the water level has gone down to 25 feet
                    8) Land rates have gone up just as in any other area. I purchased a plot next to my home at 222 Rs/sq feet in 2004 and the latest government guideline value is 2000 Rs/sq feet. My dad purchased a similar plot for 22 Rs/square feet in 1990.(This is to just give a view on the past appreciation and does not indicate future potential)

Hope this is useful.

I have a plot in chendrapakkam(or sendrapakkam) which is also close to madhavaram.. Just wondering about the future potential and the current price for this area..Any info about this area is useful......

Comment

Hi Vingori,

Vadaperumpakkam could have potential if the entry price is right. The advantage of this place is the proximity to the Inner ring road, but if you are looking a price trigger for future appreciation, i will not be able to say much...

Personally, i would prefer buying low in any village in this Red Hills belt near the proposed ORR as that is probably the biggest development in North Chennai for next 10 years.

Villages i know of are Padianallur, Siruniyam etc which are close to the intersection of ORR and Kolkatta national high way. Prices in Padianallur would be in the 30 lakhs per ground range close to Kolkatta highway and Siruniyam prices will vary from 10 Lakhs to 20 lakhs per ground. There should be some interior plots at lower price points and if you ae lucky, may find a seller. Hope this helps.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X