Can anyone advise if a ground plus 2 building can be constructed in a land area of 2400 sq ft. The important point here is an open car park is given at the front which means a 12 feet open space is given before the building starts. The road size is 20 feet. Kindly advise if approval will be given for this kind of structure.
Read more
5 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • It depends where do you want to build

Is it at chennai?

or other corporations?

or in other towns?

In chennai, in one ground only 2 floors are permitted
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by lovebird
    It depends where do you want to build

Is it at chennai?

or other corporations?

or in other towns?

In chennai, in one ground only 2 floors are permitted

In Chennai 2 floors are only permitted for constructions on 20ft road. Though the latest plan seems to have some tinkering possible so I wont rule out 3rd floor.
    If road width is above 10m then 3 floors and above are possible as MSB. One ground has nothing to do with the floor permit!
    CommentQuote
  • In Chennai 2 floors are only permitted for constructions on 20ft road. Though the latest plan seems to have some tinkering possible so I wont rule out 3rd floor.
    If road width is above 10m then 3 floors and above are possible as MSB. One ground has nothing to do with the floor permit

3rd floor is not possible with FSI 1.5. No one will build just 600 sqft ground floor in one ground to have more floors
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by lovebird
    3rd floor is not possible with FSI 1.5. No one will build just 600 sqft ground floor in one ground to have more floors

I cant educate you Lovebird. Do take a look at CMDA site. Also find out how there are 4 storey buildings and above in Chennai. If you dont know the rules it will be appropriate that you dont engage in discussions on rules. Finally please check what you are writing. You talked about 2400sqft and 3 floors in the first write up. Now about FSI and 3rd floor.
    I think you need to get your mind checked seriously.
    CommentQuote
  • You first brush up your knowledge.

Simply harping on the issues which wil never happen.

Read the CMDA rules and then write.
    CommentQuote