Collapse

Suggestions: Residential Property at Mogappair West, Chennai

Last updated: September 17 2009
32 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Suggestions: Residential Property at Mogappair West, Chennai

Pl go thru this link on the proposed IT parks...i really don't know if they will be occupied..

www.indialand.net/illocations.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by contra View Post
      What is the price /sq.ft in above location.

I have RE investments in Velachery and Bangalore, just curious about Moggapir--is it so great---is it as good as Velachery or Bangalore???
      Sorry Contra, what do you mean by Bangalore? As if Bangalore as talked about today is all the same! Is not Electronics city, Bangalore? Is that place any great shucks? What about Devanahalli? Infact in Chennai development always existed even in Tiruvallur with a suburban that runs to Central. Electronics city is on a potholed road called hosur road which grows and is shattered again to be regrown. So dont use a generic term like Bangalore.
      After all school kids understand that Bangalore is a city while Velachery is an area like Padmanabha nagar! Gotcha?

Comment

Originally posted by contra View Post
        Since 2005, people are saying ambattur is next IT hub...and talking about same HCL tech setting up office there. Even my ears are paining after listening to same story.....how long will these guys talk up the same thing aren't they bored, lacking fresh ideas to sell.
        Mogappair is a classic case where you don't need IT Companies to promote the growth of the area...

There are hardly 5 companies in ambattur estate... still it's gone up...

Comment

Originally posted by lovebird View Post
          Even real IT hubs like Sholinganallur are commanding less rents due to IT sector's downfall.

What Ambattur, Avadi etc to command
          did i not mention in my previous mail...

1: Mogappair is Residential
          2: Close proximity to annanagar (15 - 20 mins)
          3: Many schools (Velammal, DAV, MGR Adarsh, Spartan) just to name...
          4: You can still go 2 schools in annanagar (SBOA)
          5: Many Hospitals( 20 mins) - im not talking abt Cherian hospital as it is for Heart problems....
          6: IT Offices towards Ambattur Estate.
          7: Koimbedu (20 mins)
          8: Restaurants (20 mins )
          9 Mostly Upper Middle Class.

Comment

Originally posted by lovebird View Post
            Even real IT hubs like Sholinganallur are commanding less rents due to IT sector's downfall.

What Ambattur, Avadi etc to command
            I think the real Game Changer for Mogappair will be when Metro Project commences in Chennai by 2015.Metro is planning a station at Koyambedu and that should help in improving the prices.

I have seen the impact of Metro in Delhi where my father used to have a flat in a locality called Dwarka.The day the Metro service commenced in the area the prices doubled and then trebled over a period of time.

For those not knowing abt Dwarka it was forlorn corner of Delhi past Delhi Airport and it used to take more then an hour to rach there fm south Delhi.
            Last edited by factsandfigures; July 16 2009, 08:14 PM. Reason: Addition

Comment

Originally posted by factsandfigures View Post
              I think the real Game Changer for Mogappair will be when Metro Project commences in Chennai by 2015.Metro is planning a station at Koyambedu and that should help in improving the prices.

I have seen the impact of Metro in Delhi where my father used to have a flat in a locality called Dwarka.The day the Metro service commenced in the area the prices doubled and then trebled over a period of time.

For those not knowing abt Dwarka it was forlorn corner of Delhi past Delhi Airport and it used to take more then an hour to rach there fm south Delhi.
              You may or may not be correct in Chennai context. Chennai has had one of the best suburban railway network. That has not increased the price of RE in Tiruvallur or Guduvancheri! These routes have existed for ages.
              The problem with Chennaites is they will yet prefer to live in Mylapore the old slum or TNagar the gold slum or Annanagar the modern slum! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by factsandfigures View Post

Be it Metro or anything else, I don't think there is anymore room for hike..don't you think the prices have already reached the limitss? unless there is scope for the average salaries to go up..which personally I feel is unlikely...

Comment

prices are unrealistic

True. Prices are unrealistic and for sure will not go up further. It has already reduced a lot. If builders dont reduce the price just dont buy!! and for sure it will come down further

Comment

Mogaper is good area and price for 1 ground is 1C. Plenty of good schools.
                    People who cant afford Annanagar end up in Mogaperu.
                    I was offered a 1G with house 1 year ago at Paneer Nagar for 1.3C but I offered 1.1C so no deal.

Comment

exhorbitant price

The price quoted by the seller is too high .First fix your bugget and then move around.The real estate prices in Mogappair more than 1.5 C are fashioned like Anna Nagar model but there is a vast difference between the infrastructe developments between the two.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X