Last updated: August 14 2013
11 | Posts
2718 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plot in BLB Desikar Nagar Vs VK Road Chennai

Hello All

In 2006, I bought a plot in BLB desikar nagar just opposite to Mahindra World City. There was a lot of hype for the plots in that area due to MWC SEZ. But looks like the anticipated growth has not happened due to many reason. The land value has appreciated, but definitely not to the level it was originally advertised.

So I am planning to sell it and invest in another place. I have been reading this forum for quite some days and quite convinced that Vandalur-Kelambakkam road will be a good place for investment. I am aware that the plot prices in OMR has already skyrocketed. My purpose is purely investment and I am looking for 1500-1800sqft of area in budget of 20-25 lakhs.

So experts here, can you pls advise on the below ?

1. Is it wise to sell the plot near MWC and invest in VK road ?
    2. If Yes, then which area is better in VK road with good prospects of appreciation ?
    3. If suggestion is to retain the MWC plot, can you pls let me know the reasons?

I am Waiting for your opinions.

Regds,
    Karthick

Re : Plot in BLB Desikar Nagar Vs VK Road Chennai

I would suggest selling your plot opposite MWC and invest in land somewhere along V-K Road.But do not delay as some big projects are expected to be launched in 2013 along this stretch and prices might start to move higher.You may look at the following areas in V-K Road

Mambakkam
    Pudupakkam
    Ponmar
    Ratnamangalam
    Kelambakkam

Comment

MWC in GST has not grown to the expected level. That is why all layouts launched targetting this MWC failed to give decent returns.

Even selling the plots at the market rates needs lot of efforts
      Last edited November 27 2012, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Thanks for your response.

@G.V Kumar - Can you pls let us know the projects lined up in VK road from 2013 ?

Comment

Please go thru the article in the below link.

http://content..com/spurt-in-housing...ambakkam-road/

Comment

Above link is not working.

Comment

I have copied and pasted the contents of the article below.

http://content..com/spurt-in-housing...ambakkam-road/

The 18-km stretch from the IT corridor in Kelambakkam to the Grand Southern Trunk (GST) road junction at Vandalur was lying low for quite some time due to the hectic real estate development activity on either side of the corridor. With the soaring land prices and acute scarcity of land for housing development, the perpendicular road that connects both the corridors is bristling with activity, thanks to the improved connectivity levels and willingness on the part of Chennaiites to shift from city areas.
              There is another reason for the sudden shift in trend. With the availability of large land parcels, property developers could plan large projects with a comprehensive range of amenities that will convince the people that it is time to live in a gated community development for varied reasons.
              Over 15 developers have ongoing residential projects on either side of the Vandalur-Kelambakkam road. These range from affordable housing, plotted development, luxury apartments to villas. Among the developers who have ongoing projects, specific mention must be made about Puravankara Projects, Sobha Developers, Unitech, Real Value Promoters, Vijayshanthi Builders, Artha, Isha Homes, SSPDL, Emaar MGF, DABC, Provident Housing Development, among others. A number of affordable housing projects are likely to change the skyline of the area in the coming years, according to industry sources. Apartment prices for ongoing projects range from Rs 2,500 to 3,900 per sq ft whereas row houses are quoted at Rs 3,500 per sq ft. Developed plots in areas like Vengambakkam are quoted at Rs 1,000 per sq ft.
              The presence of Chettinad Hospital, VIT University and engineering colleges have pushed the demand for housing and nudged others to shift to suburbs. A few schools are due to come up in the corridor. As the GST corridor is bustling with activity due to lack of infrastructure and soaring land prices, Vandalur-Kelambakkam road came in handy for developers to look at housing development due to availability of large land parcels and willingness on the part of land owners to opt for joint venture development. This has enabled a number of property developers to make a beeline in search of suitable land parcels for development. As the connectivity levels have improved and housing prices are competitive, those working in the IT corridor would be keen to invest in the coming years as prices are yet to touch the IT corridor level.
              Though social infrastructure is lacking, Vandalur junction is poised for a major turnaround in development. Aerens Gold Souk is under construction near Vandalur on GST road. With improved connectivity levels to Oragadam via Tambaram-Mudichur road the area offers good transport connectivity for blue-collared workers to invest in housing as social infrastructure is gradually improving in the vicinity. The road widening work on GST road is long overdue and will go a long way in improving housing development in and around the area.
              V Nagarajan, Property Consultant
              Last edited November 29 2012, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Long linke will not work. for others .. google the
                Spurt in housing development on Vandalur-Kelambakkam road

click on the magic bricks link .. that is the GV Kumar trying to post

Originally posted by g.v.kumar View Post

Comment

Originally posted by g.v.kumar View Post
                  I would suggest selling your plot opposite MWC and invest in land somewhere along V-K Road.But do not delay as some big projects are expected to be launched in 2013 along this stretch and prices might start to move higher.You may look at the following areas in V-K Road

Mambakkam
                  Pudupakkam
                  Ponmar
                  Ratnamangalam
                  Kelambakkam

HI KUmar, Sorry for digging yor old thread post.. I just want to update the current status of the V-K road and GST (near MWC) .

Coming to ur suggestion of buying a land in V-K road , where the prices are still reasonale as 1200 to 1350 rs currently is a really good idea, as I also felt before exploring the area.

After searching and approaching each layouts, on the Right side of V-K raod towards Kelambakkam direction, each loayouts are having its own clearly visible demerits, wich makes their prices to keep low, I hope.

Bythe way my below pointsare only w.r.t DTCP layouts available in this zone. I have already omitted panchayat appd layouts in all areas, as there will be problems while widening the raods and laying out HT cables along Mambakkam 100ft raod

For example, The Mambakkam, starting from VIT college backside onwards, towards Vendadamangalam and Rethinamangalam, Kandigai & Vengambakkam are falling under threatof Ground water contmaination b#cos of the new 'modern' compost yard. I am really sure whether the modern facility from our govt will achieve really a pollution free setup as declared in their Crores of project scheme on this !!!!

In this area some really good layouts like metro coop society layout and MGM were good, except for the yard proximity issue.

So I dont want take a risk of buying a land in and around 4km radius in this zone..

Then moving on to the next areas along V-K road, Ponmar & Polachery completely nearby the Reserved forest and resultant ASI restrictions !!!

Then moving to the next village called Pudhupakkam till Kelambakkam as I have discussed above, already reached 2000 Rs per sq.ft, but I believe this is still good area for investment, if one's budget is uoto that scale.

Now my personal pinion is to invest in OMR or in GST instead VK, wich would be tension free for next atleast 3 to 4 years if it is investment.

As a much junior member of this forum as well as recent 'city-hunting' experiences, if my perception is wrong in any sense, please ignore it.

Comment

When it comes to Real estate investments too much of calculations prior to investing will only result in missed opportunities.You may find it difficult to find a property that will suit all your requirements.It's better to choose a property that is closer to our expectations or else we will end up looking for that "Perfect Property and the Perfect location" forever .

The growth of Tambaram - Velachery road will spill over to Mambakkam- Medavakkam Main Road very soon followed by V-K Road in my opinion.All the best to you.

Originally posted by cityhunter View Post
                    HI KUmar, Sorry for digging yor old thread post.. I just want to update the current status of the V-K road and GST (near MWC) .

Coming to ur suggestion of buying a land in V-K road , where the prices are still reasonale as 1200 to 1350 rs currently is a really good idea, as I also felt before exploring the area.

After searching and approaching each layouts, on the Right side of V-K raod towards Kelambakkam direction, each loayouts are having its own clearly visible demerits, wich makes their prices to keep low, I hope.

Bythe way my below pointsare only w.r.t DTCP layouts available in this zone. I have already omitted panchayat appd layouts in all areas, as there will be problems while widening the raods and laying out HT cables along Mambakkam 100ft raod

For example, The Mambakkam, starting from VIT college backside onwards, towards Vendadamangalam and Rethinamangalam, Kandigai & Vengambakkam are falling under threatof Ground water contmaination b#cos of the new 'modern' compost yard. I am really sure whether the modern facility from our govt will achieve really a pollution free setup as declared in their Crores of project scheme on this !!!!

In this area some really good layouts like metro coop society layout and MGM were good, except for the yard proximity issue.

So I dont want take a risk of buying a land in and around 4km radius in this zone..

Then moving on to the next areas along V-K road, Ponmar & Polachery completely nearby the Reserved forest and resultant ASI restrictions !!!

Then moving to the next village called Pudhupakkam till Kelambakkam as I have discussed above, already reached 2000 Rs per sq.ft, but I believe this is still good area for investment, if one's budget is uoto that scale.

Now my personal pinion is to invest in OMR or in GST instead VK, wich would be tension free for next atleast 3 to 4 years if it is investment.

As a much junior member of this forum as well as recent 'city-hunting' experiences, if my perception is wrong in any sense, please ignore it.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X