Last updated: December 26 2018
947 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Peace and Prosperity by Real Value in Tharamani, Chennai

reg invt property

Originally posted by sandycec View Post
    Not sure if Rajan33 is genuine or a Real Value person (his only posts support this project). But anyhow, we have decided not to invest in this venture for one main reason. After visiting the site, we saw a huge slum on either sides of the 60feet approach roads. These are low income slum dwellers displaced from OMR during the expansion work that was carrier out 2 to 3 years ago. A local MLA relocated them to where they are now on a land that originally belonging to Madras University. But when he relocated them he paid for their Property tax (don't ask me how), got them EB connections and installed water pipes. So they are here to stay for the next several years in the words of the person we talked to. It is a pretty huge settlement (around 10,000 families) and several of them right opposite the entrance to Real Value's property with quite a few of them owning cattle etc.. Anybody buying flats with balconies facing West would be looking directly at the slum (and of course the swimming pool and the clubhouse that Real Value would be building within their property).
    After buying our first flats thirty years ago in West Mambalam after compromising on the proximity to cattlesheds and low income dwellers because of the relatively lower price we have gone through numerous ordeals with those two issues and the worst part it that locality is only gotten worse now. So after discussions with my parents, we decided not to go for it. Because the slum dwellers will/can never be moved due to several reasons (votebanks etc.) and Real Value (and KG builders who are building some 150 flats in an adjacent compound) will always be surrounded by the slum.
    Just wanted to share my honest thoughts with other members who might have not the resource/time to visit the place. Hope to continue gaining more valuable info from fellow members as I start looking for that elusive investment once again.
    Sandy,

Have you checked on Malles Altius? We are thinking of buying there as we feel returns wl be very good there at Perumbakkam.....checked out their project arcadia in velachery.....construction going on and deliveries wl happen as promised I think....you wl get the largest 1458sq.ft at 75 lakhs

Comment

Well, the time I booked my flat(East-facing),the sft rate was Rs. 6250/- with a discount of Rs. 150-200 per sft; this is reasonably priced.

Currently, the rate in Adyar is Rs. 12000-15000 per sft and Thiruvanmiyur is already Rs. 11500+... thereby a 3BHK of 1400 sft+ would end up with Rs. 1.5-2.5 crores (this is not a major amount for NRIs). And, this place is 3 km from both plus connectivity to Velachery. So, connectivity is good and MRTS line is anyways there.

And, anyways, who knows what will happen in 3 years.. New roads may come, new ventures, new shops / supermarkets may come, people may migrate or get some other employment...

I have inquired with some residents in the vicinity and found that this is within the City limit and Drinking water is currently coming in this area.

This is far better than many places in OMR where many reputed builders are not able to provide Drinking Water / Sewerage System at Sholinganallur, and apartments (for example, Mantri) are shelling out more than Rs. 30 lakhs per month for drinking water, sewerage and many other things...
      Last edited January 2 2016, 07:29 PM. Reason: Text formatting.

Comment

does anybody have an uptodate info about the project neelkamal in siruseri by real value. where has the project reached and what is the current price.

is it not abutting buckingham canal... i heard 100mts from the canal construction is prohibited.
        Last edited January 2 2016, 07:29 PM. Reason: Text formatting.

Comment

Regardig Shollingnallur, CeeBroos venturei was told that since its in City limits the Sewage and drinking water wouldbe provided by the gvt and plus Builder will have its own arrangements like Water Treatment etc..

Plase suggest how is Shollingnallur area... nearby Classic farms... i am very intersted in that especially since i work in IT.

Also, i am interested in OMR- Neelkamal by Realvalue.. any views?

Thanksin Advance!!

Originally posted by nrajan1981 View Post
          Well, the time I booked my flat(East-facing),the sft rate was Rs. 6250/- with a discount of Rs. 150-200 per sft; this is reasonably priced.
          Currently, the rate in Adyar is Rs. 12000-15000 per sft and Thiruvanmiyur is already Rs. 11500+... thereby a 3BHK of 1400 sft+ would end up with Rs. 1.5-2.5 crores (this is not a major amount for NRIs). And, this place is 3 km from both plus connectivity to Velachery. So, connectivity is good and MRTS line is anyways there.
          And, anyways, who knows what will happen in 3 years.. New roads may come, new ventures, new shops / supermarkets may come, people may migrate or get some other employment...
          I have inquired with some residents in the vicinity and found that this is within the City limit and Drinking water is currently coming in this area.

This is far better than many places in OMR where many reputed builders are not able to provide Drinking Water / Sewerage System at Sholinganallur, and apartments (for example, Mantri) are shelling out more than Rs. 30 lakhs per month for drinking water, sewerage and many other things...

Comment

Shols is good location, Some area with portable water. Lot more options are there and you will see god appreciation on ROI.

Originally posted by AbhinavM9 View Post
            Regardig Shollingnallur, CeeBroos venturei was told that since its in City limits the Sewage and drinking water wouldbe provided by the gvt and plus Builder will have its own arrangements like Water Treatment etc..

Plase suggest how is Shollingnallur area... nearby Classic farms... i am very intersted in that especially since i work in IT.

Also, i am interested in OMR- Neelkamal by Realvalue.. any views?

Thanksin Advance!!

Comment

Hi,
              I am new member joined,i have read all the comments!fortunately/unfortunately i have booked this Real value P&P project for 6K/Sq as an prelaunch offer!the promoter has told that this will be handled by 2015 ,but i assume it will be 2016.But my guess is this particular location is just a stone thrown distance from Tidel,ascendas,,,,,rmz,...ramaniyam and more over its near to velachery,omr,adayar,.i feel if we turn around after 3 or 4 yrs from now this price of 6000 would be the best price ,since i been in velachery for 9 years i still remmber the drastic growth and now sq price reached 9k,the same will be in this project by 2016 .Since some projects in omr reached 6K,it is better to go with it in city limits,that too before toll .This builder has built 5 prime buildings in velachery (inclusing TCS velachery).Suggestions invited please..

Comment

i see lot of lower middle class houses on both sides of taramani link road after crossing tcs building from velachery side are those buildings proper houses are illegal slums converted into houses.

First case is o.k. economy will move the people out of that place so that space is available for prime property development but second case is bad as those people will never move out. Luckily nothing of those in velachery on both sides.
                Last edited January 2 2016, 07:30 PM. Reason: Text formatting.

Comment

Hi,but i remmber in 2001 velachery 100 ft road was also same like this location which used to be now,this kind of location are seen almost every where

Comment

This is one of the major scam happening in Chennai. Such cases never happen in any other cities like Bangalore or Hyderabad. Almost all major roads in Chennai are encroached upon by such people and they never go and government never takes action on them, unless some road widening or flyover construction happens. Many such dwelling become shops and they are present in all radial roads in Chennai

Originally posted by chennaidesi View Post
                    i see lot of lower middle class houses on both sides of taramani link road after crossing tcs building from velachery side are those buildings proper houses are illegal slums converted into houses.
                    First case is o.k. economy will move the people out of that place so that space is available for prime property development but second case is bad as those people will never move out. Luckily nothing of those in velachery on both sides.
                    Originally posted by Naveenojha1 View Post
                    Hi,but i remmber in 2001 velachery 100 ft road was also same like this location which used to be now,this kind of location are seen almost every where

Comment

I agree. For the price that is quoted and the profile of the location, it is not worth. Low income dwellers especially, illegal ones are there to stay (see my previous long post in this same thread as to why I believe so).

Tharamani to Perungudi link road was always a low profile road in the sense, it is lined with mechanic sheds, call taxis, welding shops etc. With the advent of IT offices along OMR there is, expectedly, some spillover onto this road. No doubting the fact that it is prime space as it is neatly sandwiched between Velachery & OMR. But in India, especially Chennai, things move at snails pace. Expecting anything to develop from nothing is unreasonable. Unless, there is overwhelming compulsion and development along a stretch that sags the local infrastructure, Govt will not take any action (prime example is 200ft radial road from TPKM to Pallavaram).

Originally posted by cruise_1982 View Post
                      This is one of the major scam happening in Chennai. Such cases never happen in any other cities like Bangalore or Hyderabad. Almost all major roads in Chennai are encroached upon by such people and they never go and government never takes action on them, unless some road widening or flyover construction happens. Many such dwelling become shops and they are present in all radial roads in Chennai

Comment

Tags: None
                      Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X