Friends,

I need your opinion on the Indus Amber project in West Saidapet. This project is being launched in July 2009 and it is opposite to Jayaraj Theatre. They are asking for 4500 per sq.ft and on top of it another 600 per sq. ft for additional charges like Parking, EB, Metrowater etc. I have been negotiating ahrd with them and in fact we are planning to book three apartments including my relatives. We somehow like the location as it is close to 100 ft road on the backside. I dont live in India and I cannot get into more details on the area much. Can you please give your thoughts about this locality and the Builders. As they would complete the project in 18 months to 2 years, how reliable are they ? We would like to return back to India in about 2 years and settle down in Chennai. As the location is close to some good schools, I thought it would be nice to have a property there for my kids.

Thanks in advance,
Rajesh.
Read more
55 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Hi Experts,

Please advise how about this project? How about the construction and the rates? Is it worth a buy?

What are the pros and cons of this project.

Thanks,
    Udaa
    CommentQuote
  • I have visited the site location is good, construction is okay, lot of free open spaces, but sad that no stilt parking available.

7250 is the sq ft charges + 10L extra. (EB, Metro, Corpus, Open Car Parking, Maintenance etc)

is it a good deal? any suggestions please from the experts.

Thanks,
    Udaa
    CommentQuote
  • Looks like some issue with the papers, sad that they are not transparent in sharing the papers for legal verification!
    CommentQuote
  • Anyone bought a property here?
    CommentQuote
  • Not sure if there would be an issue with papers since 70+ apartments are already booked in here and there are folks who have started living there... Also, the project is pre-approved by HDFC and ICICI.

Btw, I have booked an apartment here. Have just given the initial advance. Have not checked the papers yet.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sptfun
    Not sure if there would be an issue with papers since 70+ apartments are already booked in here and there are folks who have started living there... Also, the project is pre-approved by HDFC and ICICI.

Btw, I have booked an apartment here. Have just given the initial advance. Have not checked the papers yet.

Could you share what rate psf you got and what are the other costs you are paying to get a sense.
    CommentQuote
    Not sure if there would be an issue with papers since 70+ apartments are already booked in here and there are folks who have started living there... Also, the project is pre-approved by HDFC and ICICI.

Yes right, its been pre-approved by HDFC and ICICI, most of the owners had been suggested by the builder to go for loans from these two banks only, but not from PSU which makes things fishy.
    CommentQuote

Btw, which bank you are planning to go for the loan?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rsrsin
    Could you share what rate psf you got and what are the other costs you are paying to get a sense.

Hi- Are you planning to buy one? the last time that i heard was Rs 7250 + extra charges (10 L Approx)
    CommentQuote
  • You are right. The builder suggests to go for HDFC/ICICI.. But I plan to go for SBI and they don't seem to have any issues with the same. I had booked for 7K + charges...
    CommentQuote
    You are right. The builder suggests to go for HDFC/ICICI.. But I plan to go for SBI and they don't seem to have any issues with the same. I had booked for 7K + charges...

Wow great. Are they okay you going with SBI? Because the builder strongly mentioned that it should be HDFC or ICICI and a big no for SBI. Wanted to discuss with you further on this. Can i Private message you to discuss about this?
    CommentQuote
    You are right. The builder suggests to go for HDFC/ICICI.. But I plan to go for SBI and they don't seem to have any issues with the same. I had booked for 7K + charges...

Sir, did you get a chance to go for legal verification with the builder papers? Is everything okay with the papers? am in a dilemma to book a flat here. Need your suggestion here.
    CommentQuote
  • Hello Sptfun,
    I am close to booking a flat in Indus Amber and would like to discuss the details. Hope we can share the info that we get which would mutually help. I have sent a Friend request to you. Please let me know.

Thanks!
    CommentQuote
  • @BabujiT, I have accepted your friend request (but not sure what happens when I accept it :-) )...

@Akhu, I did send reply to your message yesterday but am not seeing it today.. Please do send me a private message if you want.
    CommentQuote
    @BabujiT, I have accepted your friend request (but not sure what happens when I accept it :-) )...

@Akhu, I did send reply to your message yesterday but am not seeing it today.. Please do send me a private message if you want.

Thanks, i have sent you the friend request, if the papers are clean and the builder is okay with SBI, i would be booking this flat by next week.
    CommentQuote