Friends,

I need your opinion on the Indus Amber project in West Saidapet. This project is being launched in July 2009 and it is opposite to Jayaraj Theatre. They are asking for 4500 per sq.ft and on top of it another 600 per sq. ft for additional charges like Parking, EB, Metrowater etc. I have been negotiating ahrd with them and in fact we are planning to book three apartments including my relatives. We somehow like the location as it is close to 100 ft road on the backside. I dont live in India and I cannot get into more details on the area much. Can you please give your thoughts about this locality and the Builders. As they would complete the project in 18 months to 2 years, how reliable are they ? We would like to return back to India in about 2 years and settle down in Chennai. As the location is close to some good schools, I thought it would be nice to have a property there for my kids.

Thanks in advance,
Rajesh.
Read more
55 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by akhu
    Thanks, i have sent you the friend request, if the papers are clean and the builder is okay with SBI, i would be booking this flat by next week.

I have added you, but still i could not see Private Message option.
    CommentQuote
  • @Sptfun, @Akhu - I thought if we add as friend, we should be able to send private messages, but it looks like that is not the case.
    CommentQuote
  • CommentQuote
  • This is the rule I see for private message:
    - Private messaging system as well as signatures have been turned OFF for members with less than 10 posts. This is to help combat brokers signing up and messaging members off the bat, which we have received complaints on, and signature spammers.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by BabujiT
    This is the rule I see for private message:
    - Private messaging system as well as signatures have been turned OFF for members with less than 10 posts. This is to help combat brokers signing up and messaging members off the bat, which we have received complaints on, and signature spammers.

hm okay, but am a member since 2009, did you finalize buying in Amber? am just worried on the documents, which bank you are planning to go for?
    CommentQuote
  • The builder is giving the documents in CD. So you can easily get a copy to verify the same. Whom did you talk with to get the documents?

BabujiT, which block and floor have you booked in?
    CommentQuote

Guys..
    @what price you booked in..+ what are the extra charges...Guys who i talked to told me only 3BHK are available...Is that so?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sptfun
    The builder is giving the documents in CD. So you can easily get a copy to verify the same. Whom did you talk with to get the documents?

BabujiT, which block and floor have you booked in?

Okay, i have spoken to one Mr Santosh i believe, did you go for legal verification? did it go through with the verification?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by lookforhome
    Guys..
    @what price you booked in..+ what are the extra charges...Guys who i talked to told me only 3BHK are available...Is that so?

I guess 2 2bhk's are available.
    CommentQuote
  • This builder is so confusing, they are not providing the legal documents and not allowing to go for SBI, when we ask for the reason they do not reply with the genuine answer which makes things fishy.. Anyhow has verified the legal papers.. am just worried on the papers and SBI loan, if both are fine am in the final stage to book the apartment..
    CommentQuote
  • I just got the CD today. Santhosh can also get you the CD. May be they give it only after you block the apartment..
    CommentQuote
    I just got the CD today. Santhosh can also get you the CD. May be they give it only after you block the apartment..

Once i give the booking amount, i get trapped with them as their cancellation is Rs 50,000 which is quiet huge.. What i wanted to understand is why are they are not allowing their customer to go for SBI and when I asked all these questions, they replied saying that few of the customers document had been rejected by SBI and also they takes longer time for processing.

I just wanted to understand more here as to why SBI had rejected Amber customers, i see only one reason here either improper FSI or deviation in their papers which is only concern.

If their papers are correct and they do not bother about SBI, i would be booking it immediately..
    CommentQuote
    I just got the CD today. Santhosh can also get you the CD. May be they give it only after you block the apartment..

Are you going for legal verification or directly going for housing loan with SBI?
    CommentQuote
  • We have booked in Block II, 2nd floor
    CommentQuote
  • I guess few 2 BHK flats are available, may be in 7th floor.
    CommentQuote