Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How To Rectify Incorrect Name in Sale Deed Document?

Collapse
X
Collapse

How To Rectify Incorrect Name in Sale Deed Document?

Last updated: June 14 2016
19 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : How To Rectify Incorrect Name in Sale Deed Document?

EC is secondary as you have issue in Primary document for Property tax.

May get Copy of the Doct and resolve issue once for all since SRO did not reject nor bank who sanctioned loan.

Originally posted by radnats View Post
    As RaviCbe said, if the buyer and seller have not signed at the place where correction was made in the original deed, there is no alternative other than Rectification deed.
    1. Though there is no time limit, do it fast as the middle men's rate will increase when you take the issue late.
    2. EC in your name does not render your defective document valid.
    3. Unless you rectify the mistake, you will not get full value for the property.

Comment

Can please tell in detail , Wrong sector is mentioned in lease deed , how to correct this, Registar is saying that this cannot be corrected through correction deed

Comment

Need Help : Rectification/correction deed

Rectification/correction deed:
        Dear Team, need your help to get clarity in my case. I have purchased 2 bhk flat in Pune & completed stampduty & registration formality in last month (Aug 15).Also i did all estimated down payment to builder.We have purchased flat jointly between me & my wife so as the loan.On agreement papers my wife's name is with my name as middle name (where as we don't have any document as proof of marriage, marriage certificate is in process). But we processed joint loan with all proofs having her father's name as middle name. Everything worked fine we got the sanction letter for loan but when time came for 1st disbursement, bank raise query regarding mismatch in name of my wife on agreement vs all supporting proofs of loan & stopped disbursement.Now builder suggested correction deed (As correction in name). In this case approx. how much fees will be charged by reg. office for correction/rectification deed (for change in name (only middle name)? & who has to pay this builder or me?

-Thank you

Comment

Dear Member,

Don't worry. I am involved in registration of more than 400 acres on behalf of my employer. Similar errors happen.

If the error happened and corrected before registration, it is OK. The registered documents are scanned and kept in the server of Registration dept. Apply for Certified copy to SRO. They will issue the scanned copy with the certification on Rs.20/- non-judicial stamp paper. The scanned copy will match with the original.

Rectification deed is one option but both the buyer and Seller have to present themselves for re-registration.

Comment

• manjjoor
            manjjoor commented
            Editing a comment
            hai. i recently bought a plot with representative and not attended when registration being done. they entered my adhar card number on the registration. problem is my name was wrongly spelt in adhar and the same updated in the registration. what to do? i have not given e kyc because of not attended the registration.

I did my registration of my flat situated in Kolkata in Feb 2013, but unfortunately only few days back I observed that there is mistake in the portion of the floor plan for my flat unit, regarding to orientation and covered area. I overlooked at the time of registration, but now I need to get this rectified as the deed is ''defective''. When I called up the Builder, they expressed reluctance to amend this and told that rectification is not possible since 3 years have passed by.

What legal step I can take now against the builder and my action points? Please advise.
          Last edited June 13 2016, 11:28 PM. Reason: Text formatting.

Comment

There is no legal step. You have to get the rectification deed as the size of the property is subject to change. It is our head ache so only we should act fast. Approach the builder politely and ask him to help you.

Comment

• saikat.mallik
              saikat.mallik commented
              Editing a comment
              Do we also need to submit the rectification deed to bank if we opted for home loan?
          Have any questions or thoughts about this?
          Working...
          X