Casa Grande is coming up with a Residential Villa Project at Perumbakkam

Avalon Villas in Perumbakkam OMR Chennai near Sholinganallur - CasaGrande Apartments Flats

Around 4 Acres with 65 villas each from 1500 sq ft land with build up from 1850 sqft.

The pre launch offer is around Rs 4500 /sqft..

Seems like a good project .Thinking of blocking a villa over there.

+ve.
Closer to City ..Access to Tambaram,Velechery are within 10 kms range.
Closure to comparatively Civilized(Infra wise) locations like Medavakkam,Shoinganalllur
lots of activities around this place..
1500 sqft land in our name.
Perumbakkam area will get appreciated more in near future considering the activities around this place and closure to city ,access to school,OMR..
-ve
May take couple of years to get this place accessible.
HT wire is passing right over this place .(Though Builder is saying no villas come under them ).
CG is PE/VC funded firm and their const quality is questionable over their profit margins.

Dear Experts ,Pls let me know your views..Thinking of booking one here ..as no other Villa projects near to city in this side of crore rupees.
Read more
15 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Never buy a property under HT wire and or passing through for that matter.

Even to remove LT , I waited for 6 years and after spending huge money with my own cost, I shifted LT posts but shifting HT wire is not even in the control of God....

HT is deadly and I lost 6 coconut trees though it was 10 feet away ... Imagine the Hazardous effects it has over on us especially in cyclone and rainy seasons.

Anywhere in Perumbakkam, my advise is to AVOID as it is known for .....

Of course it is upto one to opt in or out
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by RaviCbe
    Never buy a property under HT wire and or passing through for that matter.

Even to remove LT , I waited for 6 years and after spending huge money with my own cost, I shifted LT posts but shifting HT wire is not even in the control of God....

HT is deadly and I lost 6 coconut trees though it was 10 feet away ... Imagine the Hazardous effects it has over on us especially in cyclone and rainy seasons.

Anywhere in Perumbakkam, my advise is to AVOID as it is known for .....

Of course it is upto one to opt in or out

Thanks Ravi..you are about to say something about Perumbakkam..could you pls elaborate
    CommentQuote
  • Perumbakkam as such is known for Slum Rehabilation and some far away projects may get benefitted and some may be punished like DLF,BHS . Be cautious with your hard earned Capital is my statement.

HT wires are deadly and of if it's nearby AVOID and passing though means AVVVVVVOOOOIIIIIDDDDD
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by RaviCbe
    Perumbakkam as such is known for Slum Rehabilation and some far away projects may get benefitted and some may be punished like DLF,BHS . Be cautious with your hard earned Capital is my statement.

HT wires are deadly and of if it's nearby AVOID and passing though means AVVVVVVOOOOIIIIIDDDDD

thanks again for the quick reply .I did some research around perumbakkam and gone thru BHS .This Project is FAR away from the Slum area.It's almost 5 Kms away from it .

1. The HT lines are almost >250 Ft away from the plot i am looking for.(Still thinking )
    2. It's just 1.5 Kms from the Medavakkam -Sholinganallur Link Road.

It's not like i made up my mind for this project..just wanted to get experts opinion on both + and - ves ..

I certainly value your views ...

Do you have any other projects to recommend for me ..
    My reqmts are

1.Budget ~ 1 Crore.(Better if south of 1 C ).
    2.Space : Atleast 1400 Sqft Carpet Area.
    3. Gated Community just to get a good neighborhood
    4. Some Basic facilities like a Gym/party hall/some basic sport courts (like Badminton)
    5.Access to City within 10 kms (I want to be closer to City if possible in City itself :-) ) not a great fan of far off projects in OMR .I have my own reasons why beyond Sholinganallur is not my type..
    6.It's for me and not for rent..will settle in next 2-3 years (currently in chennai but soon will be on for a long term overseas assignment ).
    7.I also want some Clean Air and Water ..(Velechery in Dhandeeswarsm nagar is my fav place but unfortunately,no good land/project currently in that specific area..Resale are around 2-3 C ..i am skeptical about putting 2-3 C in House ,would rather compromise something for around 1 C and will plan the remaining 1-2 C to be my safety net for other investments.

I understand the price could be less if i buy a individual plot and build over it ..but the amount of time i need to spend ,unfortunately i do not have and less support system for me do that due to my type of work.So any Project from a reputed builders i am willing to pay 20-25% extra for the less legal/paper verification works.
    CommentQuote
  • PE, Consortium fund oriented projects need to be better avoided. I am sorry to say that I am not recommending any VILLAS in OMR and mid of OMR and GST stretch for the best reasons known to all that is. Submerged situation during heavy monsoon

Spots you have mentioned in Vel too are beyond the Value and you better invest in good flats by choosing 4-5 projects as per your choice and arrive at by having pros and cons

Or alternatively buy a land and construct S+1 or 2 to have elevated structures in decent Housing society rather than oing for Villas which are constructed with simple foundation and quick brick filling
    CommentQuote
  • Arbor - Currently renamed as Avalon is not a getted community. Thoug currently it is componded, their plan clearly shows few roads ending in the compound and this will be opened up when the adjoining area gets developed. Though the price look tempting there are clear negatives - HT Line, No gated community, no Park/ open play area except for a club house which is split into two and placed besides the HT Line, All raods are 23 feet and lesser, Lake nearby (though this will help in good ground water not sure how this will turn into in the future - Garbage dump yard? once all the farm lands around are developed!)
    When I enquired, they dont have any details - no spec, no details on amenities, no floor plan, no apprval, and the price they quoted is also floating, i.e Rs. 100 discount from the launch price. the launch price can be anything, and all you get is the Rs 100, discount ie. 1lakh 80 thousand saving (1800 sq ft build up) for booking with out knowing anything. I backed out from making booking because I dont want to buy something without knowing what I am buying and for how much I am buying.
    The sales person is also not shwoing much interent in this one. They are focused on their Thalambur project. Seems that this project will be delayed. Even the roads which was staretd laying (not sure who is laying this. I think it should be by Casa Grande since panchayat may not lay road where there is only vacant land). The road is yet to be black topped.

Originally Posted by thil
    thanks again for the quick reply .I did some research around perumbakkam and gone thru BHS .This Project is FAR away from the Slum area.It's almost 5 Kms away from it .

1. The HT lines are almost >250 Ft away from the plot i am looking for.(Still thinking )

It's not like i made up my mind for this project..just wanted to get experts opinion on both + and - ves ..

My reqmts are

4. Some Basic facilities like a Gym/party hall/some basic sport courts (like Badminton)
    5.Access to City within 10 kms (I want to be closer to City if possible in City itself :-) ) not a great fan of far off projects in OMR .I have my own reasons why beyond Sholinganallur is not my type..
    6.It's for me and not for rent..will settle in next 2-3 years (currently in chennai but soon will be on for a long term overseas assignment ).
    7.I also want some Clean Air and Water ..(Velechery in Dhandeeswarsm nagar is my fav place but unfortunately,no good land/project currently in that specific area..Resale are around 2-3 C ..i am skeptical about putting 2-3 C in House ,would rather compromise something for around 1 C and will plan the remaining 1-2 C to be my safety net for other investments.

I understand the price could be less if i buy a individual plot and build over it ..but the amount of time i need to spend ,unfortunately i do not have and less support system for me do that due to my type of work.So any Project from a reputed builders i am willing to pay 20-25% extra for the less legal/paper verification works.
    CommentQuote
  • project ideas

Originally Posted by thil

My reqmts are

Have you looked at Malles Altius?Planning to book there....excellent location...
    CommentQuote
  • Hi, Iam planning to book a villa in Casa Grande's Avalon project. They say the project will be launched in June 2013 and launching price will be around 5100-5200 psf. Has anyone booked in this project ? Please do share any other available information regarding this project.
    CommentQuote
  • this project got finally launched .any one in the forum visited
    CommentQuote
  • Hi,
    I booked this villa. Recently they increased one bedroom in 2nd floor. Is anybody booked this villa. we can be in touch.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by krbhome
    Hi,
    I booked this villa. Recently they increased one bedroom in 2nd floor. Is anybody booked this villa. we can be in touch.

Hi, I am also planning to invest in this project. Which Villa you booked and what is the price offered to you. Did you check with them on HT line passing through the project. When are they planning to commence the project.
    CommentQuote
  • I visited the project. As always, their floor plans are good and value for money but I worry about the approach road and the adjacent plots. I don't think there is a chance to increase the width of the approach road since both sides are already taken by shops and religious structures.

Folks say that they might be forced to allow through traffic like Bollineni Hills since either side might have public roads.

Another factor to consider is the slum clearance board which might cause anti-social elements. I am not sure how far that is from the property.

Anyone else have any thoughts ??
    CommentQuote
  • There is a very good distance between the slum clearance board and this project. Hence this should not be affected by it. But the approach road is going to be a problem when more and more projects come over there as there are land parcel available for development. This is not going to be a gated community as the roads will be open to public. Already color homes have started a project in the land adjacent to this project and it shares the common road with this project. And since color homes will not give much set back in most of their project (In fact it will be as close to the compound as possible in their projects, people should be carful in choosing their Villa
    CommentQuote
  • I'm also interested. What is the rate quoted? Is there any assurance from vendor for approach roads to be cleared up?
    CommentQuote
  • Hi all,

Please note that there is already a thread running on Casa Grande Villa Project here https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/city-forums/chennai-real-estate/44367-casa-grande-villa-project-casa-grande-developers-perumbakkam-chennai?t=46165
    We prefer not to have parallel threads running on the same topic as this dilutes the information shared. Request you all to repost your comments on the above posted link.

Thank you
    CommentQuote