all

One of my relative is looking for opinion on housing project that is developed by TVH for army ppl. location is near dlf gardencity and behind sathyabama university as per map.
ARMY WELFARE HOUSING ORGANISATION

Can any one pls share your thoughts on the same? pls give details on pros and cons. All inclusive price for a 1125 sqft apmt would work out to 35 lacs.
Read more
16 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by insearch4hom
    all

One of my relative is looking for opinion on housing project that is developed by TVH for army ppl. location is near dlf gardencity and behind sathyabama university as per map.
    ARMY WELFARE HOUSING ORGANISATION

Can any one pls share your thoughts on the same? pls give details on pros and cons. All inclusive price for a 1125 sqft apmt would work out to 35 lacs.

The main negative point is quoted in the given link itself. 500 metres from Tsunami Township.
    CommentQuote
  • Like @rednats pointed it is close to the Tsunami colony. I don't know to what extent it will really affect any one living nearby, the cost does seem reasonable. Otherwise, the plan looks good and spacious, and I don't think there will be much of hidden charges.

For the benefit of others, can you give us some more details:
    Is this relative of yours in the forces?
    Or is it possible for any one to buy in?
    If it is a second sale, does it come with any riders or legal issues? The Adharsh scam has made us all wary, you see!
    The project seems to be in its infancy, when is it expected to be completed?
    The buildings look really tall. What will be your UDS?
    CommentQuote
  • 1) relative is working in army. this is only for armed forces/retires. not for public
    2) Looking for opinion as he doesnt have much idea on the location.
    3) second sale is only after 3 yrs of posssession. really not sure abt the legalities.
    4) project is supposed to be completed by 2015 end.
    5) not very sure abt uds.
    CommentQuote
  • Army Quarters + adjacent Slum settlement reminds me of this news:
    Lifer for ex-Lt Col who shot boy for plucking fruit - Rediff.com India News

Ask your relative to exercise due diligence before investing close to slum settlements. There will be lot of mischief and provoking of the kind that led to this rage.
    CommentQuote
  • But for that one negative!!! I think there are too many positives about the project:

1. Price - looks too good for the size and given that the construction is by a well known name (A four bedroom for under 60 L:bab (59):).
    2. Being a welfare society for forces, any hidden charges or terms is unlikely. Elsewhere I even read in that site that the price will not be increased with time.
    3. Location again - but for the Tsunami colony, the location is actually good - closer to Sipcot, Shols' and so many other things.

You should visit the site yourself to take a stand on the Tsunami colony. Everything else looks too good.
    CommentQuote
  • This is a great value for money project, TVH is implementing on turnkey basis. It is further away from tsunami and slum rehab than DLF and BHS.

A must buy for those who are eligible and can afford it.
    CommentQuote
  • DLF is just breathing to have an exit way out of this AWHO but AWHO is still struggling for 60 feet road. Anyway it is meant for AW and not for others as there's starter informed.
    CommentQuote
  • dont understand "exit way out of this AWHO"...what do u mean by that
    CommentQuote
  • I had been away and thanks everyone for your comments. As one member pointed out, definitely i am planning for a visit.
    1)actually, I didnt understand the DLF part of the comment. can Ravi pls elaborate? if the DLF community is fully occupied, will it help? since living near a big community has advantages..wrt other developments
    2) i understand there is way to to this community other than OMR. can that be taken as a positive alternative? pls comment
    CommentQuote
  • DLF is having an entry through right side of SBU leading to BHS and Tsunami,TNSCB complexes..... Then through GN in left side from OMR adjacent to Gem Inn Resorts . Both routes are ending with Slum.

AW Project being developed by TK Operator TVH may get 60 feet road in other side ( Army can influence Govt dor such road easily ) so that all these projects BHS,DLF,AW will have 3 entries at a time like how Ceebros and LCP have in Classic Farm in Shol as on date with 2 entries and proposed one from Elcot Avenue from ECR Link road.

These links after fully occupied by tenants and owners may alter the community strength IMO vis a vis the prevailing negative effects of Tsunami and TNSCB over this entire spot and will be acting as breather point in thirs side for DLF

Originally Posted by insearch4hom
    I had been away and thanks everyone for your comments. As one member pointed out, definitely i am planning for a visit.
    1)actually, I didnt understand the DLF part of the comment. can Ravi pls elaborate? if the DLF community is fully occupied, will it help? since living near a big community has advantages..wrt other developments
    2) i understand there is way to to this community other than OMR. can that be taken as a positive alternative? pls comment
    CommentQuote
  • One of my Post dated 23.11.2012 in other site is reproduced :

DLF need to come out of its optional entry route either through GN from Gem or have a back route from AWA by bypassing Tsunami and TNSCB complex which leads to BHS which I am confident of for sure to come into reality shortly so as to encash and enrich the dwellers through this Galleria offerings.

Next 6 months will bring in more lights in perfect and serious angle as they are known for making turnaround wherever they stepped in .

Having said that , Pan India operators will definitely add more value at last 2-3 overs with maximum Run rate !!

But L&T will not focus on this point as thery are known for basic Infra development well within township rather than Social centric development in commercial angle for the benefit of nearby and township dwellers unlike Hira and DLF from their existing operative paradigms
    CommentQuote
  • 1)I personally visited this site and could reach the place without touching the Tsunami colony at all.From my understanding, this road has been laid by DLF called the tsunami by pass road.Still, as someone mentioned already,could see the huge matchbox like tnscb houses!from access perspective we could reach without any issues in car.
    2) how much this tnscb will affect the living/resale etc? Personally, places like Triplicane, mylapore all have slums here and there to access the proper localities. can these be ignored like that? Just looking for a perspective since ppl have different thoughts, not sure.
    3) How is TVH quality as a builder? This project has been proposed to end in dec 2015. in terms of delay, i understand tvh is likely to have 1-2 yrs delay. since the project is not looked at for end use, only investment, will this be a worthwhile investment?
    4) todays sq ft rate is 3100 and looks like 3 lac etc for club house, other tax etc. so , a 2bhk of 1125 sqft comes to 39 lacs. so, when this gets ready, assume in 2016, considerin g the oversupply in OMR, will it be a decent investment alteast?
    5) Is it ok to look at this project for investment or should stop going ahead?
    6) since this is an army project, looks like resale can be done only after 3 yrs of registration. that means somewhere in 2019 :-)
    Guess i bombarded with so many details. still looking for your genuine opinion. my relative is posted in a remote location. not able to do much research on own. so, pls share your thoughts. Thanx in advance.
    CommentQuote
  • hoping for a reply! pls comment based on your thoughts on OMR projects
    CommentQuote
  • My 2 cents:
    I would for sure go with it if the option given to me. Apart from tsunami welfare society there is no issue with the location. Also there are many other builders coming up with projects near DLF area. This project is right side and before the welfare society.

Price seems to be very reasonable. Better to buy and rent it out. Who knows down the line tsunami welfare society might shift to some other locality. And being an army colony there will be security around the clock.

But having kids moving around the area (cycle or by walk) should to be considered. I would say well for people travelling by car or for retired folks or for renting out.
    CommentQuote
  • I in a situation where i can invest in buying a appartment in AWho Turnkey chennai through my retired family...

Insearch4home: could you please provide me some insights on your decision..

Since i'm not from chennai, looking at it on purely investment purpose...can someone please advice....
    CommentQuote