Hello Guys,

i am seriously looking for a ground of land in south chennai. i have come across number of plots with price range from 60lac to 80 lac on the same area depends on the easy access to main road. Since i am planning to go for bank loan i have not much worried about paper documents verification process. Eventually i have come across patta lands in pallikkaranai area next to sai ganesh nagar cost only 15lac. When the patta document is true, is that ok to buy this land?

Questions:

1. is there any different types of patta?
2. Is that possible to get CMDA approval for construction?
3. what are the documents we need to verify before buying? what troubles we need to face in buying patta land.

Thanks in advance,
vinodh
Read more
6 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • One of my relative built a house recently in sai balaji nagar,pallikaranai.it was a patta land and he didn't have any problem getting approval.i noticed a lot of houses coming up in that lay out .hope it helps.
    CommentQuote
  • There are 2 pattas existing one is Joint and another one is Individual.

For plot, Individual Patta is must with Chitta and Adangal if any coming from other parcels of land with EC,PARENT DEEDS mentioning same Property schedule of Patta in them.

Legal verification will take care further discrepancies if any and CMDA approval is easy for a residential Zone and layout

Originally Posted by vinodhss78
    Hello Guys,

i am seriously looking for a ground of land in south chennai. i have come across number of plots with price range from 60lac to 80 lac on the same area depends on the easy access to main road. Since i am planning to go for bank loan i have not much worried about paper documents verification process. Eventually i have come across patta lands in pallikkaranai area next to sai ganesh nagar cost only 15lac. When the patta document is true, is that ok to buy this land?

Questions:

1. is there any different types of patta?
    2. Is that possible to get CMDA approval for construction?
    3. what are the documents we need to verify before buying? what troubles we need to face in buying patta land.

Thanks in advance,
    vinodh
    CommentQuote
  • Is it possible to get loan for patta / un approved loans ? or is all cash transaction the only possible way ?

can any of the guru's shed light on how it works if loan is possible ?
    CommentQuote
  • Hi

Originally Posted by ramakpsg
    Is it possible to get loan for patta / un approved loans ? or is all cash transaction the only possible way ?

can any of the guru's shed light on how it works if loan is possible ?

From the past experience, i understand for getting a bank loan that land should be approved.

Thanks,
    Vinodh
    CommentQuote
  • Hello All,
    Thanks for all for the valuable information.
    What about Ganapathi Nagar Colony Which is also next to Sai Ganesh Nagar, having lot of Patta lands. So From the previous replies i can understand we can buy those patta lands and get approval easily.
    Other than document verification , anybody aware of any issues related to Archaeology/Road Expansion or Land Acquire by Government for any other reason?

Thanks,
    Vinodh
    CommentQuote
  • Hi

Originally Posted by Landlord
    One of my relative built a house recently in sai balaji nagar,pallikaranai.it was a patta land and he didn't have any problem getting approval.i noticed a lot of houses coming up in that lay out .hope it helps.

Hi Friend,
    Thanks for your reply.
    Do you have any idea about Ganapathi Nagar Colony plots? Is it worty to buy 1 ground of land for 15Lac in that area?

I am an NRI, Wound you mind giving your contact details(drop me in vinodh1978@gmail.com), i will give you a call and discuss in detail.

Thanks,
    Vinodh
    CommentQuote