THERE IS TALK OF GREENSHOOTS OTOH THERE IS TALK OF MORE BEARISH SENTIMENTS.. WHATS THE GROUND REALITY.

I am more interested in second hand / new property in T nagar area.
i understand that the price correction has been only marginal 10-15% range.

one of my friend says that by october 09 the real effect on economy is going to be felt and property prices will fall further.

is there any crediblity to such news, i dunno what do you think?
Read more
26 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by Natarajg007
    Hmm, suddenly the Contra bull has turned a bear!
    As for Yeskrish, in T.Nagar property prices going down can be something to dream about, not in reality.
    One point to note is India houses 17% of world population and only holds 2.5% of world land area. So even if Indian engineers earn 50% of US salary the price of RE in INdia will be so much more than in US or in many other parts of the world. This is something no RE bear ever seems to understand.
    Infact I would love property prices to crash to 2004 levels but beware our friends on this board wont just lose their jobs, they will actually have to take 2004 salaries and they know how small it was. Maybe even 2000 salaries which will mean that a 10year exp SW engineer can be got for 20K p.m. in the average case (not MNC case).
    So DJI, third leg and other stories by self proclaimed pundits wont let you decide anything.
    If you have the money and the need buy RE. If you want to speculate then that is your call today as also in 2005!

If property prices always keep increasing, who will invest in Gold/Stocks/Bank Fixed Deposits etc. ???
    Is there any one who wants their money NOT to grow rapidly even when they are assured 0% risk of downside!!
    Higher returns are always tied to risks, there is nothing like only high returns and no risk.
    (Possible only in dreams or Moon.)

Rent the property fetches is good indicator of what should be the price of anything.
    The difference between rent and cost of owning cannot be very wide, if its wide then
    people would just rent. Even if Salaries have gone up from year 2000, there still exists
    wide gap between rent and cost of owning.
    land-Population ratio also does not indicate or justify rise in property value we had in last few yrs.
    A lower ratio just means we go higer floors and not price.

Price is always what the buyer can pay. Buying in current market will come with great risks.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by venkit
    ]http://nhb.org.in/Residex/CHENNAIres.php

The best zones with posh localities have seen biggest points drop in the Residex.

Zone 7: egmore, chetpet drops from 100 to 76

Zone 10: adyar from 100 to 77

The best zones with posh localities have seen biggest points drop in the Residex.

CommentQuote
  • How useful can Residex be? Do they have data for atleast 10 years? Again do they have data street wise? In Chennai prices can swing between streets, one may be a slum the next a bungalow area. I think these indices are atbest good for a glance!
    CommentQuote
  • In another post this guy uses Residex when it suited him!

Originally Posted by Natarajg007
    How useful can Residex be? Do they have data for atleast 10 years? Again do they have data street wise? In Chennai prices can swing between streets, one may be a slum the next a bungalow area. I think these indices are atbest good for a glance!

There was another post where the Residex drop was small. He used that Residex data to support his thesis on how strong the market was!

And he calls others chemeleons!:D:D:D

cheers
    CommentQuote
  • I am tired of this mudslinging with you Wisey. You seem to be more interested in writing against me than writing anything sane or new. I certainly have not used residex to deduct anything earlier. If you come up with an index I can show you yet that it does not fit the bill and simultaneously show you that the index is meaningless. Is that wrong?
    As for you, can you come up with what was the silly promise you gave that kid Contra and lured him to join your mercenary gang.
    Cheers.
    CommentQuote
  • Thats only because you sling mud at everybody!!!

I am tired of this mudslinging with you Wisey. You seem to be more interested in writing against me than writing anything sane or new. I certainly have not used residex to deduct anything earlier. If you come up with an index I can show you yet that it does not fit the bill and simultaneously show you that the index is meaningless. Is that wrong?
    As for you, can you come up with what was the silly promise you gave that kid Contra and lured him to join your mercenary gang.
    Cheers.

Nats,

Its time you got tired of others supposedly slinging mud at you.

Thats only because you have the habit at slinging mud at every post by others that does not sing your tune of up, up, up!!! Now that the boot is on the other foot, you seem to be getting a taste of what you have been dishing out. And you do not like it one single bit!

Hopefully, you have learnt your lesson that by starting mud slinging, you can't complain when others follow your example and sling it right back!:D

Hopefully, you will follow your own advice first and only post relevant stuff instead of slinging mud everytime someone's opinion does not match the mud inside your head!:D

But habits that are so strongly lodged in your psyche will probably be hard to dislodge, especally when it goes along with the high level of arrogance. Let us see if you have learnt the lesson!

cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by wiseman
    Nats,

Its time you got tired of others supposedly slinging mud at you.

Thats only because you have the habit at slinging mud at every post by others that does not sing your tune of up, up, up!!! Now that the boot is on the other foot, you seem to be getting a taste of what you have been dishing out. And you do not like it one single bit!

Hopefully, you have learnt your lesson that by starting mud slinging, you can't complain when others follow your example and sling it right back!:D

Hopefully, you will follow your own advice first and only post relevant stuff instead of slinging mud everytime someone's opinion does not match the mud inside your head!:D

But habits that are so strongly lodged in your psyche will probably be hard to dislodge, especally when it goes along with the high level of arrogance. Let us see if you have learnt the lesson!

cheers

What a pity, the Kilpauk escapee is talking about habits! One thing Wisey, I am getting bored of you. You have tried this trick for the past one year. Engage me with different ids (using your BPO friends!) so that I will be tired. Now I admit I am tired even of talking to a thick head like you, since you are ranting nonsense all along and with time your senility is going up up and up!
    CommentQuote
  • Why not go to your other forums and play!

What a pity, the Kilpauk escapee is talking about habits! One thing Wisey, I am getting bored of you. You have tried this trick for the past one year. Engage me with different ids (using your BPO friends!) so that I will be tired. Now I admit I am tired even of talking to a thick head like you, since you are ranting nonsense all along and with time your senility is going up up and up!

Nats,

You are quite irrelevant on this forums since all you have to say is up, up, up! And other assorted bad language to everyone who has a different view.

You might try other forums if you are bored and let the rest of us be. It is maybe over 100 times you have repeated that you are bored with someone. Why repeat yourself? Don't have any job or any other thing to do? Now that the RE markets are flat, maybe the only occupation you might have had (conning people with marshland in the boondocks) is also probably closed. Thats probably the real reason for you to get bored! :D

Don't keep repeating yourself. We heard your main themes. UP. And Bored.

If you have nothing else to say, please do not come onto this forum every night and plug in a post for each and every one of the posts in the Latest Section (I see that your new occupation is to plug in your opinion into every one of the posts with the same drivel being vomited out ad nauseum). Volume does not equate to Value. If there is something new to say, say it politely and people may listen.

cheers
    CommentQuote
    Nats,

You are quite irrelevant on this forums since all you have to say is up, up, up! And other assorted bad language to everyone who has a different view.

You might try other forums if you are bored and let the rest of us be. It is maybe over 100 times you have repeated that you are bored with someone. Why repeat yourself? Don't have any job or any other thing to do? Now that the RE markets are flat, maybe the only occupation you might have had (conning people with marshland in the boondocks) is also probably closed. Thats probably the real reason for you to get bored! :D

Don't keep repeating yourself. We heard your main themes. UP. And Bored.

If you have nothing else to say, please do not come onto this forum every night and plug in a post for each and every one of the posts in the Latest Section (I see that your new occupation is to plug in your opinion into every one of the posts with the same drivel being vomited out ad nauseum). Volume does not equate to Value. If there is something new to say, say it politely and people may listen.

cheers

Wisey,
    You Shameless Moron. You went and cried, rather begged to the Mod and he tried talking for his baby. If you are worth even a pinch of salt get your act done. Get the mod to get me out. I am waiting for that to happen on Monday but if it does not you should hang yourself in shame.
    U cleverly avoid answering my message in the other thread where I have shown what you are worth.
    BTW just because you think that my post is not worth does it mean a thing. You are not worth anything, right from a moron like you calling yourself wise, talking about coming from an univ next only to IIMA and when asked the name you dont answer, claiming to own RKSalai land and Koramangala land and when asked why you havent sold it then you fumble. When you predicted for months that RE will fall and it does not you try to take the story to the future assuming it will fall someday.
    Hey moron who calls himself wise, I can be sure that you write here for your VAYATHU POZHAPPU, and you are a genuine Pitchakaran. You are asking me to leave since your silly views are being questioned not only by ABK who was always bullish but by Kumars and Anands. Ofcourse you are so shameless that whores will need to learn from you (this is genuine abuse...enjoy) and your being a beggar whose job in a BPO is in shambles since you cant match even a word of mine, you now want me out. You beg the mod, and in the previous post you are begging me to leave.
    Agree that you are a BPO employee who will be reduced to a genuine street pitchakaran if I continue to oppose your views and I will certainly leave. Even if you dont, every one here knows that you are indeed a silly beggar.
    Dont complain about my saying up up and up. As if that is crime. You tell down down and down ad nauseum without any logic or worth.
    I have tried to ignore you, you wont listen, tried to chastise you, you wont keep off. Now I have genuinely abused you. Even if I said what I said above to a Whore she would have the shame to defend it or leave it. However knowing you Wisey and your cheapo background you will continue to try to exist here. Believe me, you can be called Liarman not WIseman. That is old stuff. But now if you dont get me out by Monday and if you yet stay here he are WorsethanWhoreMan!
    PS. I am sorry if I have insulted any whore by comparing them with Wiseman!
    CommentQuote
  • You only reduce respect for yourself with this frothing at the mouth!!!

Wisey,
    You Shameless Moron. You went and cried, rather begged to the Mod and he tried talking for his baby. If you are worth even a pinch of salt get your act done. Get the mod to get me out. I am waiting for that to happen on Monday but if it does not you should hang yourself in shame.
    U cleverly avoid answering my message in the other thread where I have shown what you are worth.
    BTW just because you think that my post is not worth does it mean a thing. You are not worth anything, right from a moron like you calling yourself wise, talking about coming from an univ next only to IIMA and when asked the name you dont answer, claiming to own RKSalai land and Koramangala land and when asked why you havent sold it then you fumble. When you predicted for months that RE will fall and it does not you try to take the story to the future assuming it will fall someday.
    Hey moron who calls himself wise, I can be sure that you write here for your VAYATHU POZHAPPU, and you are a genuine Pitchakaran. You are asking me to leave since your silly views are being questioned not only by ABK who was always bullish but by Kumars and Anands. Ofcourse you are so shameless that whores will need to learn from you (this is genuine abuse...enjoy) and your being a beggar whose job in a BPO is in shambles since you cant match even a word of mine, you now want me out. You beg the mod, and in the previous post you are begging me to leave.
    Agree that you are a BPO employee who will be reduced to a genuine street pitchakaran if I continue to oppose your views and I will certainly leave. Even if you dont, every one here knows that you are indeed a silly beggar.
    Dont complain about my saying up up and up. As if that is crime. You tell down down and down ad nauseum without any logic or worth.
    I have tried to ignore you, you wont listen, tried to chastise you, you wont keep off. Now I have genuinely abused you. Even if I said what I said above to a Whore she would have the shame to defend it or leave it. However knowing you Wisey and your cheapo background you will continue to try to exist here. Believe me, you can be called Liarman not WIseman. That is old stuff. But now if you dont get me out by Monday and if you yet stay here he are WorsethanWhoreMan!
    PS. I am sorry if I have insulted any whore by comparing them with Wiseman!

Nats,

There are three things you have achieved with this post ....

1. You lost whatever respect you had on this forum!

2. You have used up all the vocabulary you have and shown up the deficiencies in your vocabulary as well as ideas in your head

3. You have brought tremendous disrepute to your alma mater - many youngsters in this forum must be wondering ... Is this what an IIT-ian is all about?!

Anything you have left to lose, Nats? Why not get that out as well!!!

You are rapidly bringing yourself to a point where, when the mod takes up your "dare" and delivers what you probably deserve, most people would say, "good riddance". IS that what you want?

I'm only responding since you target me personally with all the characteristics you must be familiar with in yourself ... need I say more!:p
    cheers
    CommentQuote
    Nats,

There are three things you have achieved with this post ....

1. You lost whatever respect you had on this forum!

2. You have used up all the vocabulary you have and shown up the deficiencies in your vocabulary as well as ideas in your head

3. You have brought tremendous disrepute to your alma mater - many youngsters in this forum must be wondering ... Is this what an IIT-ian is all about?!

Anything you have left to lose, Nats? Why not get that out as well!!!

You are rapidly bringing yourself to a point where, when the mod takes up your "dare" and delivers what you probably deserve, most people would say, "good riddance". IS that what you want?

I'm only responding since you target me personally with all the characteristics you must be familiar with in yourself ... need I say more!:p
    cheers

Hey cheapo, you dont need to talk about my alma matter. Even the watchman at the gate of IIT will spit at a shameless moron like you. As for your silly attempt to try to character assasinate me. I aint a shameless guy to take you silly insinuations and beg here indefinitely. I am not in a beggarly position like you that if I lose the chance to write here I will be in the road.
    U certainly are begging to stay here. Come WorsethanWhoreman, show some self respect. Forget about my alma matter, you actually dont matter!
    CommentQuote