Hi,
I would like to get your opinion in investing plots in chennai.
Presently am out of country for higher studies, so i will not be able to physically go to the site and i look forward for trustworthy developers.

I had enquired already about VGN Santhosh nagar- thirumazhisai . (they are quoting Rs.850/- per sq ft) in a separate thread. I think the price is high, but i also understand that VGN deserves little premium for their brand and good title. Is the price worth considering their premium?

Are there other decent options, which i can safely invest without legal or other worries ? If someone has already bought a plot recently or planning to buy a plot, please share your views.

My budget is around 12 lakhs.
Read more
4 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Dear mr. harikharan , even I visited the site and similar thoughts are running on my mind.
    Is there a number I can reach you?
    CommentQuote
  • Dear Cool,

I'm out of country .. So you can PM me for queries.

However, considering the price, i have dropped the VGN santhosh nagar..I heard that even few kms before VGN santhosh nagar, we can buy reasonably good plots at 14 lakhs per ground. so i think VGN may not be worth from pure investment point of view.

Instead am pursuing VGP Aishwaryam near manimangalam.

Legal checking is under progress. Most probably i will finalize that.
    CommentQuote
  • Dear Hari,

Am also interested in investing in Plots. Let me know how many years you think it will take to appreciate well
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Arvinda,
    Are you asking specifically about VGP Aishwaryam ? Or is it a general question to plots in chennai?
    If you are asking about VGP Aishwaryam, the positives are its closeness to sriperumbudur on one end and ORR at the other side. No construction have happened in VGP when i visited few months back though the layout is very old,which means all the owners are holding it only as investment property. In such cases, we need to look for external developments. In the particular road of VGP, there is good scope, but i dont see anything solid coming in near short term. So i guess, holding atleast for 5 years may be required to get some meat out of it. But I'm prepared to hold for much longer time also.

However, if you ask me the appreciation of chennai plots in general, then its too difficult to give a straight answer. In certain locations like urapakkam, ponmar,east tambaram areas, medavakkam etc the value appreciates every month if not weeks and in certain areas the land value rises in a lesser pace.
    If you can decide upon few locations and budget, then you can pose a specific query. :)
    CommentQuote