Golden Opulence Golden Homes Poonamalle High Road Chennai

Last updated: June 27 2019
224 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Golden Opulence Golden Homes Poonamalle High Road Chennai

Hi Indian buddy

Traffic is as bad as any part of chennai. But i personally feel its better than OMR & GST road traffic.Traffic from Golden opulence till MGR engineering college/Porur junction is manageable. However thereafter its bad.

Rate per sq.ft is 4199. They are willing to come down provide you negotiate.

I believe an investment there for 93 Lakhs is worth provided funds isn't a big concern for you.Besides the area around is pretty crowded.Traffic too is bad. However,its close to the city.(thats a plus).

Its better to go slightly far off like S&P,Golden,Prestige etc where the rates are 4200 around.3BHK should be affordable at 60 Lakhs.Only a suggestion.

Regards
    Raghuram

Comment

Hi icemani & indian buddy

Saw an ad in Hindu today. India bulls offering at 28 Lakhs(probably a 700 Sqft house). Its worth bcoz of the payment schedule. 20% now & 80% upon possession. Completion by June 2015. A real big builder. Think about it guys.

Your money doesn't get blocked. Had i known about it earlier, i would have given a serious thought abt this project!!!

Suggestion.

Regards
      Raghuram

Comment

Does apartments in India provide open kitchens for customization? I like open kitchen but I dont think they will be able to cater it as they are high rise buildings (they have to maintain wall frames throughout the apartments for all floors).

Thought traffic will not be that bad as in OMR (I hate OMR infrastructure). Traffic'ukku bayanthu thaan inga vaangunen. As per your update I am bit concern'd.
        Hope it wont go as bad as OMR.

Hi Mr.Nbalan

Customization ,unless its structural, can be accomodated. Iam only taking about internal walls. This has nothing to do with the structure. Internal walls are meant to bring bifurcation & not to strengthen the structure.

Instead of completely sealing the kitchen with walls(internal wall) & door,i requested for a half wall & no doors. This will make the house look bigger especially the hall.

Y'day i had a taste of traffic near our area(Sriperumbudur). I don't see any difference between ours,GST & OMR. However ours is a slow moving traffic unlike OMR,GST whereas its stranded or moves inch by inch.

Iam sure ORR & Monorail/Metro should ease the traffic.Roads if extended to a 3 lane pathway will be a definite traffic buster. Keep Fingers crossed.

Finally,iam also a Golden homes member .Inital advance paid, Sale agreement signed. My only condition/request/prayer is project completion by Dec'15.

Regards
        Raghuram

Comment

Originally posted by raghuramhari View Post
          Hi Indian buddy

Traffic is as bad as any part of chennai. But i personally feel its better than OMR & GST road traffic.Traffic from Golden opulence till MGR engineering college/Porur junction is manageable. However thereafter its bad.

Rate per sq.ft is 4199. They are willing to come down provide you negotiate.

I believe an investment there for 93 Lakhs is worth provided funds isn't a big concern for you.Besides the area around is pretty crowded.Traffic too is bad. However,its close to the city.(thats a plus).

Its better to go slightly far off like S&P,Golden,Prestige etc where the rates are 4200 around.3BHK should be affordable at 60 Lakhs.Only a suggestion.

Regards
          Raghuram

Hi Raghuram
          Thanks for quick reply and suggestions. I will get only 2BHK, 2Bath (around 1200 Sqft) apartment for 93 Lakhs. I will check out India Bulls. Again thanks for your help.

Comment

Hi Hsenag

Thankyou for the inputs.

I came from Golden today.

Tower 7 has come only till the 2nd floor.
            Tower 1 & 2 - till 13th floor.
            Tower 5 - 9th floor
            Tower 7 - 7th floor
            Tower 3 & 4 - Didn't see.

Just for your info. Not to create panic in you.

Are they giving any opportunity for customization? I requested them to give me a open kitchen but VP(Santha Madam) blantantly refused. What is your opinion on this?

Traffic is pretty hectic during peak hours. Trust Outer ring road brings relief. Mono rail/ Metro should come soon.

By Dec 2015 they should handover the project otherwise advance paid will be of no use. Unwanted interests will be paid by us with absolutely no benefit.

Regards
            Raghuram

Dear Raghu,

You know what, I really don't care of Handover dates

The road is well known to me. I daily used to hit the road to my college. I can say it has been a part of my college life too; I know that doesn’t make much sense but there ya go.

Peak hour traffic is wild mainly due to the junctions and Four-lane roads:

Towards Koyambedu:

1. First Junction from the project towards Koyambedu is Thiruverkadu Junction – Velappanchavadi. Here you may experience bumper to bumper traffic during peak hours. MTC buses line up across the T -Junction to access Thiruverkadu road. In addition, the movement of container trucks to port, College Buses, Company Buses and others will chock you up. When traffic lights are inoperative, definitely it’s hectic to crawl away from the junction.

2. Next is the Vanagaram – Ayanambakkam Junction. It is also a T-Junction regulated by Traffic lights. I have been held in traffic on many occasions when political meetings are held in Padmavathi Palace (a Vanagaram Landmark -famous for political meetings and Marriages). The traffic gradually moves till you cross vanagaram.

With the flow of traffic being very slow at peak hours, you can avoid these junctions by taking Chennai bypass road to Maduravoyal through SRMC. A 5 Km extra run can save your time. After Maduravoyal junction, traffic flow will be smooth till koyambedu flyover.

Towards Guindy:

Work on the flyover in Porur at the junction of Mount Poonamallee Road and Arcot road creates hindrance to traffic flow but crossing this junction the flow of traffic is smooth.

Towards Sriperumbudur:

During peak hours vehicle line up from Nazarathpet to Poonamallee. And also, there is no alternative short route to Sriperumbudur from poonamallee.

Easy way to minimize the traffic congestion is by widening the four lane roads to six lanes or Higher, Which is not gonna happen in near future.

Comment

Hi Ag

Any idea about the rental rates prevailing there?
              My colleague Mr.Suresh who booked in S&P informed about individual clubhouse for each phase. I suggest you immediately check with the builder. In a 80 acre area if there is going to be only one clubhouse, it will be quite a pain for the owners.

I came from Golden today around 7PM. Traffic is pretty hectic. Fully jam packed. Now if the situation is like this, what will be after 2 years? Outer ring road will bring some relief. But keeping my fingers crossed,as of now.
              there are lots of small builders in the area but the fact that S&P is one among the largest GCs shud help its rentals.
              there is a good mix of residential and industrial segment of ppl to be targeted for rentals.
              the nearby 200 bed apollo hospital shud really help for consistent rentals.
              for a 2bhk, u can get upto 12k inclusive of all charges. for a 3bhk, u can get upto 15k.
              it also depends on the amenities provided by the builder.

how abt rentals in golden homes ? how much will u be quoting ?

the traffic during peak hours along PH road is a problem especially on a holiday season weekend. yur experience may be the worst case scenario and dont judge the traffic just based on any given day.

by the way, how near or far is ORR from PH road ? any map references ?

Comment

Originally posted by hsenag View Post
                Dear Raghu,

You know what, I really don't care of Handover dates

The road is well known to me. I daily used to hit the road to my college. I can say it has been a part of my college life too; I know that doesn’t make much sense but there ya go.

Peak hour traffic is wild mainly due to the junctions and Four-lane roads:

Towards Koyambedu:

1. First Junction from the project towards Koyambedu is Thiruverkadu Junction – Velappanchavadi. Here you may experience bumper to bumper traffic during peak hours. MTC buses line up across the T -Junction to access Thiruverkadu road. In addition, the movement of container trucks to port, College Buses, Company Buses and others will chock you up. When traffic lights are inoperative, definitely it’s hectic to crawl away from the junction.

2. Next is the Vanagaram – Ayanambakkam Junction. It is also a T-Junction regulated by Traffic lights. I have been held in traffic on many occasions when political meetings are held in Padmavathi Palace (a Vanagaram Landmark -famous for political meetings and Marriages). The traffic gradually moves till you cross vanagaram.

With the flow of traffic being very slow at peak hours, you can avoid these junctions by taking Chennai bypass road to Maduravoyal through SRMC. A 5 Km extra run can save your time. After Maduravoyal junction, traffic flow will be smooth till koyambedu flyover.

Towards Guindy:

Work on the flyover in Porur at the junction of Mount Poonamallee Road and Arcot road creates hindrance to traffic flow but crossing this junction the flow of traffic is smooth.

Towards Sriperumbudur:

During peak hours vehicle line up from Nazarathpet to Poonamallee. And also, there is no alternative short route to Sriperumbudur from poonamallee.

Easy way to minimize the traffic congestion is by widening the four lane roads to six lanes or Higher, Which is not gonna happen in near future.
                a good analysis about the traffic along PH road.

Comment

Originally posted by rg9274 View Post

by the way, how near or far is ORR from PH road ? any map references ?
                  Attaching a map..
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by nbalan View Post
                    Attaching a map..
                    being so close to golden opulence, the land value will definitely shootup once ORR is completed.
                    is PH road (after koyambedu) covered by the proposed metro/mono rail ?

Comment

Originally posted by rg9274 View Post
                      is PH road (after koyambedu) covered by the proposed metro/mono rail ?
                      You can check HSenag's posts on this thread page 4. He has given the details.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X