Collapse

Golden Opulence Golden Homes Poonamalle High Road Chennai

Last updated: June 27 2019
224 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Golden Opulence Golden Homes Poonamalle High Road Chennai

Yes.. I got that email too.. something the sales folks promised would happen 3 months ago but better late than ever considering the economic conditions.. makes us feel better that the investment is going in the positive direction.. any idea how much units are sold? In Jan I heard 40%, one of the admin folks told me in March that it is more than 60% (which is not too beleivable).. any inputs any one got from trust worthy source? now that prices are increasing booking would definitely slow down a little I guess..

Comment

I will check with my folks. If it is 60% I would expect more users would have joined this thread now. Intha forum'la, full'a OMR and OMR connected areas'la irukkira flats pathi thaan discussions ..
      Naanum area development pathi therinjikkalanu online'la search panni partha athilayum OMR thaan top discussions! However I didnt prefer OMR because of potential congestions.

Comment

Internet is mostly in the hands of IT folks with quick typing gadgets . Obviously , OMR being IT destination with ECR for Tourism , topics will be time and again as you said....

Comment

Originally posted by nbalan View Post
          I will check with my folks. If it is 60% I would expect more users would have joined this thread now. Intha forum'la, full'a OMR and OMR connected areas'la irukkira flats pathi thaan discussions ..
          Naanum area development pathi therinjikkalanu online'la search panni partha athilayum OMR thaan top discussions! However I didnt prefer OMR because of potential congestions.
          good that u dint like OMR. its a place heavily dependent on IT.
          With the current IT stagnation, rentals and capital appreciation over the medium term is really doubtful. for long term, only God can help.
          south chennai is completely out of the map in terms of infra development.
          u have made a good choice.

Comment

Originally posted by RaviCbe View Post
            Internet is mostly in the hands of IT folks with quick typing gadgets . Obviously , OMR being IT destination with ECR for Tourism , topics will be time and again as you said....
            sad that the same 'IT folks' using modern gadgets are settling down near dumpyards in and around OMR.

Comment

Hi Bala,

I am planning to book a flat in Golden Opulence. But I am not sure about the reputation of the Builder in Chennai. Have you done a background check on the builder. How is he in quality of work and handing over the project in time.

I was told by the sales person that we need to take the AC, Wardrobes and Modular Kitchen from his appointed vendor only. Is this mentioned in your contract. If so has he mentioned the approximate price of the same.

Comment

Hi Normalman,

I did not do any formal background verification through agency etc.. I just talked to folks who did business with them earlier and they gave good comments.

yes, we did have in our agreement that we have to go trough their vendors for A/C, wood work etc.. I feel it is important that way to control the occupants not to violate the structure in any means.

All the best!

Thanks
                Bala
                Last edited January 1 2016, 04:45 PM. Reason: Text formatting.

Comment

If we have to take the AC, Wardrobes and Modular kitchen from his supplier then we have to pay what ever the money they quote. In Golden kings court they have charged 5.5 lacs for 6 or 7 Split ACs. In same way even if they charge 10 or 15 lacs for AC, Wardrobe and Modular kitchen then we have no other option than paying him as it is mandatory.

I heard of one more clause in the agreement saying the warranty is 1 year from the handover date but it doesn't cover the cracks due to thermal expansion, settlement, etc. I don't understand what else the warranty will cover. It is like buying an equipment with warranty which doesn't cover the motor breakdown. The crack is the main thing in a building construction. If the warranty doesn't cover it then whats the use of that warranty.

One more major discrepancy is the handover date. Verbal commitment is June 2015 and in agreement it is Dec 2016. Most of the builders doesn't handover by the date which they mention in the agreement then how he is promising to handover 18 months before the agreement date.

Comment

Hi Normalman, I didn’t enquire much about warranty. I will check with my folks (I am not in India currently) about that warranty.

I heard (as per the background check we made through visiting their previous constructions and enquiring some govt officials) they are good in quality constructions. No complaints so far.

Regarding the interiors, Yes, they wanted us to hand it over to their vendors and we should not hire our own. I am ok with that. As I felt their reason makes sense.

Regarding the hand over dates I guess we should plan by what is there in the agreement and not by what they agree verbally. If they complete the constructions fast it would be painful for me arrange money that fast for each floors. So I am ok if they delay in their 'verbal' agreement dates.

I was looking for an apartment for a long time before settling with Golden Homes. My parents and Inlaws made a detailed background checks. Hope I made a right decision.
                    Last edited January 1 2016, 04:46 PM. Reason: Text formatting.

Comment

Hi Guys, On the time of booking we signed an agreement with Golden Homes where they did not mention about the wardrobes and A/c etc. We booked last Jan 2012 and we signed an agreement in April 2012. Last month they gave us a new agreement where they mentioned about the wardrobes etc. We did not sign it. We asked them for a rough estimate ...but they told now they cannot give becoz it will take nearly 2 yrs. Then we told we will also decide after 2 years. After that they did not come back....If they had told us during the time of booking we wld hv planned our budget accordingly. But I am really happy with Golden Homes. I have def made a right choice.The project is coming up very well. It is def going to be a landmark building.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X