Hello experts,

As everyone says in his or her first thread, yes, I have been following posts in this forum and this is my first one. I need your help in deciding an apartment to buy in OMR.

I looked for apartment in OMR just because I am from IT field and thought owning an apartment would help me in future. My budget is 50L (inclusive of all additional charges such as, car park, service tax, government tax, corpus fund, etc etc).

I started to look for 3 BHK in mind thinking that I would need one room to accommodate my parents. With that mind I went with my venture for hunting an apartment for nearly 6 months.

Since my budget is very tight I could not able to buy any property anything before siruseri. I too was looking for a decent builder and with amenities.

As the time goes the price went high. Finally I thought to finalize Jains Inseli Park at Padur.

The reason behind choosing Jain's:

* I am not a great fan of Jains or neither has known one staying at Jains project for recommended. Only reason because it fitted my budget.

* I was looking for 3 BHk and it comes to more than 60L. hence narrow down to 52L for 2BHK in jains compromising my desires.

* Jains brochure says world-class amenities and project is on the Main road (OMR).

USD comes to be 33%. Rs 3450 per sq feet.

Honestly, its all my hard earned money and wanted to invest somewhere for a better living and good returns. Planning to go for loan.

Can any one from experts and genuine advices (agents / brokers please excuse lets have a good humanity) suggest me is this worth buying.

I have read many notes saying falls comments on Jain housing. But still i went ahead with no option due to budget constraint. I am not interested in projects after kelambakkam. I did my studies from one of the college in OMR and I know how the place looks after 7 PM. Good to know things are changing quite a lot in OMR. I use to hate going on OMR road during college days and today narrow down to the same place :)

Thank you for taking time to read my post and your suggestions.

NBK
Read more
Reply
37 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • The unusual delay in execution tells you something has gone soar. When all other projects were selling, even after 4 or 5 years, they have unsold stock. Mere facts and no polarisation against the builder.
    CommentQuote
  • Price may look cheap compared to other builders. But what needs to be factored in are:

    1. Poor construction quality in terms of materials , finish
    2.Very very low capacity planning for keeping price lower- for example STP plant would not even support 20 % of flats. So eventually flat owners together end up spending money. Even the pipes provided are so thin that you willl have to break it after 2 years
    3. So called amenities are only for brochures..talk to anyone in Jains Sudarsana and you will know Jains do not deliver amenities as promised
    ans so if you can take all this, you will find that it is not economical buying from jain housing..but buyinng tons of headache
    CommentQuote
  • After hearing repeated compliants, I decided to drop Jains Inseli Park.

    Thanks....
    CommentQuote
  • Jains inseli park progress or stagress, whatever you want to call it.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Ganeshr19800
    Price may look cheap compared to other builders. But what needs to be factored in are:

    1. Poor construction quality in terms of materials , finish
    2.Very very low capacity planning for keeping price lower- for example STP plant would not even support 20 % of flats. So eventually flat owners together end up spending money. Even the pipes provided are so thin that you willl have to break it after 2 years
    3. So called amenities are only for brochures..talk to anyone in Jains Sudarsana and you will know Jains do not deliver amenities as promised
    ans so if you can take all this, you will find that it is not economical buying from jain housing..but buyinng tons of headache


    Completely agree with Ganesh. On top of this the customer service will just hang the phone in case you raise concerns on quality. Mr. Sandeep Mehta MD of Jain is CREDAI president as well. We dont have a proper body to complaint against them as well.

    Below is the code of conduct of CREDAI. Being a president of CREDAI does Mr. Sandeep Mehta know what it means

    Code Of Conduct | Credai Chennai
    CommentQuote
  • Jain's quality is well known. Still if any one plans to buy from them it is their fate
    CommentQuote
  • Visited Inseli site today with my family. My Obervations.....
    1. Inseli Park - Builder : Jain Housing
    Website: Jain Housing Inseli Park- Apartments, Flats in Padur, OMR, Chennai
    Comments:
    Likes:
    1. Circular structure elevation, excellent view inside and outside
    2. Good floor plan with two balconies and spacious rooms
    3. Not combined dinning and living space, My favorite style of separate living and dinning space.
    4. Competitive pricing at Rs.3395 /sq ft.
    5. Flats available in all facing West / East/ North
    6. Details price split up is pending from builder, he said it will send by email.
    7. Bus stop just outside the gate.

    Dislike:
    1. All are 13 floor buildings, 7 buildings are there in this project( you can clearly see in google maps ), so it could be crowded, but decent space is available between buildings.

    2. Two different flats have living room balconies next to each other( privacy issue ), however the other balcony( bed room balcony) in each floor is placed at a nice privacy point.

    3. Since it's almost 90% complete we should pay complete amount( which includes bank loan ) in about 6 months.

    4. Recent Bad feedback on the builder and construction quality.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi,If this is your first buy,Plz stay away from this!!But looks like you are more than convinced & trying to make others buy!!!!Hope you are geniune!!!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by chandru_13
    Hi,If this is your first buy,Plz stay away from this!!But looks like you are more than convinced & trying to make others buy!!!!Hope you are geniune!!!


    IMO Inselipark has to be evaluated once it is ready to occupy. Among the concerns which people have against this project, the most worrisome is the quality - if Jain housing manages to finish the apartments with the quality promised in the brochure, this will be a good buy.

    Please note that Inseli park amenities are better compared to other projects in the area like XS real project next to it. Location in great too.So sit in the sidelines as there is no need to rush to buy - prices will not increase in this area due to oversupply. Seeing is believing and so once you see a finished apartment in 6 months time, then buy if you want to.

    Regarding builder not being the best, most builders are the same and so this is not a big deal in my opinion. Quality of plumbing and electricals are mentioned as concerns due to delayed construction and so please watch out for information on these two once people move in.

    Please note that most people posting actively in this forum have already made property purchases in OMR like in Hira , Sobha etc and so will only promote their projects. So take every advice including mine with a pinch of salt and do your own due diligence.(knowledge is power)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by tornado216

    5. Flats available in all facing West / East/ North


    DOnt hurry flats will be available even after they complete it. SO wait for it to come out. Get an good constructional engineer to verify the quality and then still if you are convinced then use your choice.

    Still 40%+ availability speaks of their reputation. Their customer service is very bad. You can check mouthshut if you need facts on them.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Tornado,
    I have also seen Inselipark and was quite impressed by it. Later on , i changed my decision to some other project of Jains on GST road. This change was done entirely on the basis of my preference to GST over OMR. Due to huge negative feedback for Jains, i was very cautious while dealing with them. I must mention that, i am very much impressed with their customer care team, Marketing team and till now their execution is also good. By saying this, i am not refuting negative feedback from other reviewers but i think, responses from Jains are also improving, may be they want to regain their lost faith.
    CommentQuote
  • Wish you all the Best my friend.



    Originally Posted by gandhi123
    you are right about the delay.But, have you visited the Inseli park


    site recently. Construction pace has picked up.

    My point is at this price point, Inseli park is a good option.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by g.v.kumar
    Wish you all the Best my friend.


    Thanks my friend:)

    I am no fan of Jain housing as a company, it is no doubt inefficiently managed and run. Otherwise why would we have so many years delay in most of their projects. The point is how much of a projects worth is dependent on builder reputation alone. In this case the builder has to ensure delivery with quality as they have to sell the unsold stock which will be in RTM status and easy to evaluate.

    So don't count this project out. Dont buy right away either. Wait, see, smell, hear, touch and buy if you like.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by gandhi123
    Thanks my friend:)

    I am no fan of Jain housing as a company, it is no doubt inefficiently managed and run. Otherwise why would we have so many years delay in most of their projects. The point is how much of a projects worth is dependent on builder reputation alone. In this case the builder has to ensure delivery with quality as they have to sell the unsold stock which will be in RTM status and easy to evaluate.

    So don't count this project out. Dont buy right away either. Wait, see, smell, hear, touch and buy if you like.


    It is not only with apartment. Even if they handover the apartment, They have a history of not completing the amenities and most of the work are left to the owners. History speaks on giving STP half the capacity of actuals (Jains Sunderban), Low cost common area wiring etc.

    The real problem in Jains apartment starts once full occupied and by the time all people in places like OMR occupy or rent their apartment it is too late and Jain has already moved out.

    In case if the association is already formed or a group exists get proper consultants to evaluate the quality of apartment, Aminites, STP capacity etc. You may end up spending 20K bucks but worth it.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by srivat
    It is not only with apartment. Even if they handover the apartment, They have a history of not completing the amenities and most of the work are left to the owners. History speaks on giving STP half the capacity of actuals (Jains Sunderban), Low cost common area wiring etc.

    The real problem in Jains apartment starts once full occupied and by the time all people in places like OMR occupy or rent their apartment it is too late and Jain has already moved out.

    In case if the association is already formed or a group exists get proper consultants to evaluate the quality of apartment, Aminites, STP capacity etc. You may end up spending 20K bucks but worth it.


    Jain Housing representatives - please respond to this genuine criticism - How do you plan to ensure that the same problems seen in your previous projects don't repeat itself in this inseli park project?
    CommentQuote