Hi

I have two unapproved plots in Pondicherry measuring 30x60 each near Ulavarkarai. I live in a rented house at Muthialpet and working for a company for 40k take home per month. I am now interested to move to a owned House and bit confused between options of building my own home and to choose a flat from a promoter.

When I check with promotors, I find them charging 2500 Rs. per Sqft. uniformly plus also charging 1 lakh towards Car Parking and 1 lakh for Lift. And Regn charges and Taxes are to my account. If I go for a flat of 900 sqft. approx, I will end up with 30L loan.

Please suggest

1. If I can go for a Flat
2. If I can opt to construct

and also If I can wait for some more time for the prices to fall.

Regards
Read more
5 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Dear friend,
    You have not mentioned how far your plot is from your workplace.

regards
    unlikely
    CommentQuote
  • Individual houses are always more worthy than flats
    CommentQuote
  • Plot vs Rent

Hello Auro
    I live in Pondicherry and own a plot near RTO.But I still opt to rent bcoz of the construction cost.Plot value in Pondicherry has always gone up regardless with economic conditions because the state has high density in city and lack few space.Demand is high for plots.As far as buying a flat I consider it a second option ,as its expensive for the price you quoted.Its better to build your own home in one of your plots for 20 Lakhs luxuriously.
    Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • My office is 3 Kms from the Plot, but the school for children is 9 kms away from the plot.

regards
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by aurobless
    My office is 3 Kms from the Plot, but the school for children is 9 kms away from the plot.

regards

Better to build a house than owning a flat which will lead unsolvable problems later
    CommentQuote