X
Collapse

Last updated: December 22 2012
17 | Posts
1914 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to buy a flat in Rangarajapuram and the flat I saw was 20 years old and in 1st floor; only Ground & 1st floor building; 20 years old; neat and clean with car park totally 800 sq ft. Kindly advise the going price in this area

Re : Location: Rangarajapuram, Chennai

rangarajapuram flat

Hi -- what is the price u have been quoted by the owner

Comment

Rs 50 Lakhs is maximum

Comment

Isn't 6000+ psfq for a 20 yr old flat in this locality a bit on the higher side?

Comment

I have assumed that this property has everything else fantastic (UDS, Water, Car Park, title deeds, approach and building construction quality).

Otherwise it would not fetch that much - may be 30L-35L. In Saligraman my friend sold his piece like this around 25L few years back.
          Last edited December 17 2012, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramchi View Post
            I have assumed that this property has everything else fantastic (UDS, Water, Car Park, title deeds, approach and building construction quality).

Otherwise it would not fetch that much - may be 30L-35L. In Saligraman my friend sold his piece like this around 25L few years back.
            Fair point. In fact, I saw some ads for newish apartments in this locality at a psfq of 7000. So maybe 50 L including registration et al might be a fair price (with all your assumptions of course).

Comment

My friend recently sold a house (1+1) one ground for less than 1.5 Crore near Kodambakkam station. So paying Rs 50L for this is very high in my opinion.

Comment

From whatever described here and whatever I know about Rangarajapuram, 50L seems to be fair price - Do check for legal issues if any.

PS - The brutal fact is it is impossible to buy any decent old apartment in any decent locality in South Chennai CBD below a price of half a crore today. Considering this, I made the above statement.

Comment

RE valuation is quite different and it varies greatly based on streets and other details even in the same locality. Posh areas like boat club and venus colony has significant price variation based on street and its location in the street.

Rather than jumping on to answer this type of vague details one should be prudent to ask more questions.

The right answer to Op with given details is the price starts anywhere from 0

Comment

Originally posted by Ramchi
                    My friend recently sold a house (1+1) one ground for less than 1.5 Crore near Kodambakkam station.
                    Its more likely to be part of the Kodambakkam Station - did EC show "Southern Railways" anywhere?

Above pricing suggest there is a serious issue either in title or the locality or possibly both. Or "recent" could be as recent as 3-4 years. No merit in using above as a benchmark to evaluate Rangarajapuram apartment values.

Mav

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X