X
Collapse

Last updated: December 22 2012
17 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Location: Rangarajapuram, Chennai

UDS is not mentioned along with street precisely. Queries must be proper from info seekers and answer will be perfect then from the members who have info and knowledge . Friends and philosophers story will not help.

RPuram Main road is fetching 7500 for sqft land and 1000 Rs for Construction cost on Depreciated value for 20 years building and from the G+ 1 floor angle we can assume it is minimum 400 sqft UDS so as to arrive at 38 lacs precisely and more or less based on exact UDS....

other areas fetch 4000-5000 only for land .

My brother in law currently in US own a flat in Parangusapuram Street and people are asking at 8000 per sqft for both UDS and Flat which translates to 96 lacs for 1200 sqft flat as it is becoming hot spot after Railway cross line Bridge to supplement T NGR.

Comment

Not to deviate from current topic, but I have never seen resale properties for 50 L within city ,leave alone Adyar and other place, not even in Koyambedu, Arcot Road, Velachery etc.

Even for 1000 sqft they ask 55L + for 7-10 years property. I have been watching tSulekha, 99 acres, MB etc for a long time now.

In Adyar and other good areas, the same 55 L+ wud fetch < 800 sqft units , 20 yrs old.

I am not taking into account resale props with no paper, deviations, no approval, near slums, lot of damage, and other known issues.

Just out of curiosity, do many members here, feel finding 50 L resale units within city is very easy? Cos the results from popular RE portals and the owners demand (after negotiation) is well beyond 55 L.
      Last edited December 18 2012, 02:01 AM.

Comment

I seem to have asked a question that doesn't have an answer! Interesting

Originally posted by vettipayyan View Post
        Just out of curiosity, do many members here, feel finding 50 L resale units within city is very easy? Cos the results from popular RE portals and the owners demand (after negotiation) is well beyond 55 L.

Comment

Originally posted by vettipayyan View Post
          I seem to have asked a question that doesn't have an answer! Interesting
          Yeah, it's possible. As an example, one of my relatives sold his apt in West mambalam for close to 40L. It's a 2 BHK (with open car parking). Apt maybe 10-12yrs old I guess.

I believe you can find 2BHK (or maybe even 3BHK) apts within 50L but most of old apts dont even have a dedicated car parking, let alone all the fancy amenities you would find in new apts.

Comment

@VP,

Due to lack of RE trade platform most of the sale are through word of mouth or networks. Personally i had gone through this; when I approached a seller he wasn't ready to entertain and need to take completely different approach (through family) to have any meaningful dialogue. Also, as you would have seen by now- asking price and sold price have huge deviation.
            Last edited December 21 2012, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by maverick007 View Post
              Its more likely to be part of the Kodambakkam Station - did EC show "Southern Railways" anywhere?

Above pricing suggest there is a serious issue either in title or the locality or possibly both. Or "recent" could be as recent as 3-4 years. No merit in using above as a benchmark to evaluate Rangarajapuram apartment values.

Mav
              It is indeed on the station road along with many other adjacent houses. If EC says SR then I presume entire street to fall under the same since they all lined one after the other - may be it is.

The benchmark may be different to different individuals based on their perceptions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

Flats in Ashok nagar are expensive. One 800 sq.ft 22 years old flat near 11th Avenue went for Rs. 58 lakhs.

Comment

@radnats, thats pretty much what I too saw, for most of the props for even remote places like Mogappair (due to influence of Anna nagar i think).

@Clairvoyant, true, word of mouth and deals thru known acquaintances do fetch some good deals, but that's pure luck. We need to spread the word and wait, like fishing

I have seen sellers of 20 yr resale flats, who hardly budge from their original quote, may be max 2-3 lakhs after persuasion. Its generally 60 L + for a decent looking flat in a decent area with proper documents.

@randomguy, yes, unusually low priced resales surely have some issues. I heard abt one in Arumbakkam on PH road, 1100 sqft for 45 L, 4 yrs old.. But no approval. The owner said that the buyer can approach CMDA and request for fresh approval.
                  Last edited December 22 2012, 03:09 AM.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                  Working...
                  X