Hiranandani Upscale House of Hiranandani OMR Chennai

Last updated: October 10 2017
1893 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Hiranandani Upscale House of Hiranandani OMR Chennai

Originally posted by SRaj001 View Post
    Few folks dont know the difference from what is a proposal vs a contract which is an instrument where 2 parties enter into a commitment saying im going to pay X for the goods / services or the house you are going to build.
    There is an element of hypcocracy here, The reason why you see many say it was bad for the business and so Hira did the right thing to pull out is because they have not invested in the property.
    let me know throw a situation , assume there were top 3 luxury projects like Seagull that you had shortlisted and decided to go with Seagull and dropped the other 2 ( this is not hypothetical its a real scenario). 1 year or so later Hira comes back and say sorry cant do here is your money with 10% interest - true it worked out ok for Clair according to him, what if i or others in this forum missed the opportunity in the other 2 properties ( price, good units, good facing units, good floor plans - whatever be the case). 1 year later i have 10% interest but the market price of the other 2 i dropped is 20% more or im certain to get nothing of my liking, what would you call in that case about what Hira did, yes you would still call the right business decision, no doubt, but you as the buyer got royally screwed.
    Why i go for a brand like Hira, trust, brand equity, value and dependability that they would deliver some thing they commit, if thats compromised in a flagship promoted unit such as seagull i dont know what else to call it.
    Now please dont even bring the BMW into the mix, its a car im passionate and love so dont insult its brand value
    I challenge the poster to show a lease / booking / purchase / sale contract from BMW that they ended up not delivering to the customer
    Bmw will allow you to go the factory in germany get the experience drive in autobahn and bring it back home
    http://tinyurl.com/lu6zxn2
    so please refrain making immature comparisons.
    Most builder agreement in India says that the project can be cancelled either way with the penalty clause. Is it not better to shelve the project than dragging the project for years in search of buyers?

Comment

SRaj you are spot on with your quote on what I had in mind.

Now a days when master plans are drawn for cities, is it too difficult to have a plan for a project.

PVC and customization can be the only decent reasons which can be quoted instead of a cash crunch. The builder who finally realized he has missed the bus on this segment had changed for the better.

Changes according to market dynamics should work out well for the buyer as well as the builder .. the buyer cannot be blindfolded on whats in store for him.

Not only you and me many people post and read this forum to gain knowledge and increase their self awareness. But in this thread people get confused by too much engineering lingo and finally tend to go away.

hira has brought the land at dirt cheap rate, they have a long rope to play... does that mean once the market picks up again for luxury housing, will TIANA's bookings be refunded and a luxury tower planned in its place to make more money ??? that is the doubt a common man will have after the sea gull experience.

When a builder is projected as the best and knows to read markets, how can a blunder like sea gull happen. As SRaj pointed out a handful of people wud have missed the bus in other projects. You can write, reply and respond even to the slightest doubts shown at hira in these threads but nothing can change one's opinion and thinking pattern and no one will stop.

Clubhouse like 5 star hotel and landscaping will also be useful in attracting the outside crowd compromising the peace of people in the community as jpsundar pointed out.

As mentioned earlier, the builder need not indulge in distress sale as he can change/modify or finally drop what is not viable for him, instead desperate ads can be seen from 1st buyers in local dailies.

There are no rules laid down by iref stating people can write only in threads they have booked or related to. So please dont lay down your own rules as there is no mandate that one should write about the areas they have invested in. Threads are for people to share what they know or experienced.

I am not against hira or this project and would always like to see a practical township thriving in the suburbs. What is happening here is unnecessary glorification about the builder and anyone who would have a cross question would get a array of questions thrown at him or mud slinged at.

Some of my friends who initially have made inquiries in hira and finally settled for l&t eden park are till date getting calls for bookings in tiana. Projection is different and reality is different. L&T has a more practical approach which has boosted its occupancy rate.

The most funniest part is the BMW comparison. For BMW a promise is a promise.

These are my opinions and u need not take them.

Originally posted by REC2013 View Post
      It is not fair to expect the whole 110 acre site to get master mapped in single outgo as if it is G+4 or standalone Project which can be constructed and vacated in specific time frame.

Why Tiana has been introduced with PVC and Customisation aspects is well within builders angle and not as per the folks who forecast from outside blindly

It is market dynamics . See what is today and do not think what is after 6-7 years with current offerings . You will be ending up in laying double the amount .

Why PBV Project is silent and members like your are silent . There is nothing to say or post . As simple as that .I too visisted numerous times but not pulling though I have interest due to SRMC and Hotel . That is my personal choice and not forcible one on others .

Club house is planned to be inaugurated by end Mar 2014 like Five star Hotel with vast landscaping and open sports area besides back water .

Make a trip and see what is happening over there .

Hira as " Sigma and Srivat " pointed out have got good parcel of land at dirt cheap rate and have long rope to Play in and around with different offerings with different views over a period of time silently and patiently . They do not have any urge nor indulging in distress sale like others which I have seen personally . I personally experienced that even for 100 Rs per sqft reduction, they did not budge especially to me . Why I am writing here is because of people like you . If you do not write , I too stop. It is a honest revealing from heart . Why we are all posting here is to make the prospective people to understand what is pros and cons .

I too search for several info for my own decison in this forum and others and delighted when I have pros and cons for my well informed decision making . When I see some thread is dead where I am interested I am pulling back for want of specific info

Peopele need the info quickly and if not so from that post, they can surf back and get the info . That is where we are standing . All our posts are detailed and at time for entertainment , we counter whenever we have unwarranted bushings .

What PBV can do in Porur in congested Iyapathangal ?

Do not compare lake with pool and Ocean with water bodies

All are different . If Tiana is attractive , why you have not booked and OMR is against capital appreciation, why one spend much time .

I do not post much in Porur area as I have decided not to invest .

Crossing the limit shows frustration from ones post rather than real message to prospective buyers .

I will not buy any flat in Chennai being an Engineer understanding the intricacies of Technical and Techiniques of construction and hence I started converting my old investments in to this one .

Not that we blabber with one ,two ......

You do not know anything about Tiana why it is offered like this and with what is the real fact .

No one can teach Business sense to builders who think in toto for whole buyers as buyer is always an individual

Abov is standalone in small parcel of land in yet to be developed Toll road ( likely to be completed after 2020) and can't be compared and pulled to confuse with this vast land which is standing tall in Toll road facing Back water and Bay .

Comment

We can understand HIRA having engineering related issues or even material shortage issues (which should have been taken into account in their risk management, not by the customer risk management) but if they decide against this project due to lack of interest in the market, then it is a clear erosion of brand value jumping from one segment to another.

Now it will be their responsibility to bring confidence in the minds of customers by offering right price, quality and timely delivery.

Comment

BMW's RFT is deterrent for many owners including me but peopele simply talk about Beamers without knowing the intricacies of RFT in this puncture oriented Roads .

Club house is thrown open for all Outsiders as Guest or Memebers in all over the world and many clubs like Cosmo,MRC,Presidency,Golf , BC,AC etc run with members guests only for bith Breakeven and Profit to maintain the club Ike and again

Hira too allows outsiders as of now at 3 lacs and once occupancy rate increases , they may claim even 10 lacs like Cosmo with red ball .

As such , for the first time , US Wellness club has been roped in to provide best offerings .

It is for one to use or refrain . The way they have allocated land before phase 1 club with outdoor sports activities by keeping all Air conditioned Indoor sports activities , fine dining,spa,Party hall, Ship size Gym facing back Water is outstanding and surprising

I thought that some club is coming up over there but the way it got shaped up really surprised me last week

Then imagine Phase 2 club which is being developed with multi pools and Garden and thrown open for Users by Next March , as car slots and basements work is almost over .

Comment

It's pathetic to compare EP with Hira . It is almost like comparing dark pitch area with bright sun slide area .

Customization is the core of RE as many used to buy bare flat and lay their own tiles, paint as per choice with fittings and fixtures.

For a new first time flat buyers , it is new but bit for us as we have 25 years experience in Flat purchases and it's contractual obligations, sale of goods act, FM,LD clause and our own inserted special clause for TLP, CLP clause

We have PVC for LME linked commodities for the products being purchased and Hira too of late started using this PVC as gestation period of project is longer .

PERT ,CPM charts and long gestation period suggests PVC for efficiently handling and delivering the Project .

Because one can not buy buildings materials at fixed price for 36 floors of 8 flats per floor in single day at same price and stock in warehouse like retailer. It is for the stockists to do but not builders to do so

Barber and Tailor differently use scissors but former can be frequent Buyer and needs varieties but later is not so and nit requiring varieties

Originally posted by rganeshin View Post
            SRaj you are spot on with your quote on what I had in mind.

Now a days when master plans are drawn for cities, is it too difficult to have a plan for a project.

PVC and customization can be the only decent reasons which can be quoted instead of a cash crunch. The builder who finally realized he has missed the bus on this segment had changed for the better.

Changes according to market dynamics should work out well for the buyer as well as the builder .. the buyer cannot be blindfolded on whats in store for him.

Not only you and me many people post and read this forum to gain knowledge and increase their self awareness. But in this thread people get confused by too much engineering lingo and finally tend to go away.

hira has brought the land at dirt cheap rate, they have a long rope to play... does that mean once the market picks up again for luxury housing, will TIANA's bookings be refunded and a luxury tower planned in its place to make more money ??? that is the doubt a common man will have after the sea gull experience.

When a builder is projected as the best and knows to read markets, how can a blunder like sea gull happen. As SRaj pointed out a handful of people wud have missed the bus in other projects. You can write, reply and respond even to the slightest doubts shown at hira in these threads but nothing can change one's opinion and thinking pattern and no one will stop.

Clubhouse like 5 star hotel and landscaping will also be useful in attracting the outside crowd compromising the peace of people in the community as jpsundar pointed out.

As mentioned earlier, the builder need not indulge in distress sale as he can change/modify or finally drop what is not viable for him, instead desperate ads can be seen from 1st buyers in local dailies.

There are no rules laid down by iref stating people can write only in threads they have booked or related to. So please dont lay down your own rules as there is no mandate that one should write about the areas they have invested in. Threads are for people to share what they know or experienced.

I am not against hira or this project and would always like to see a practical township thriving in the suburbs. What is happening here is unnecessary glorification about the builder and anyone who would have a cross question would get a array of questions thrown at him or mud slinged at.

Some of my friends who initially have made inquiries in hira and finally settled for l&t eden park are till date getting calls for bookings in tiana. Projection is different and reality is different. L&T has a more practical approach which has boosted its occupancy rate.

The most funniest part is the BMW comparison. For BMW a promise is a promise.

These are my opinions and u need not take them.

Comment

REC - thanks for your reply. So here is how things are at this point. With respect to Amalfi, thre was no mention about PVC on the quotation. So one was to believe that you were pretty much signing up for a fixed base price. The sale deed that comes 2 months later has the Escalation clauses with respect to Construction. The clause is a ridiculous one, practially passing on increase in material and labor costs to end users over the period of next 52 months. For amalfi, one could be looking at an additional 6 - 35 lacs on top of the originally projected price quoted in the quotation. This is totally ridiculous and not acceptable. Also, looks like even with no signed deed in place, as customers we stand to lose 1% of the total cost as penalty, if we want to bail out now.

I am stuck in a bit of a limbo here. Seems like exiting at this point (having paid 30% down already) seems to be a good option. Do you know anyone who has negotiated to get the clause removed from the contract?

I just don't understand who will now book an apartment in Amalfi or Tiana. So, one enters at a rate when you enter the contract but the rate can totally change over the course of next 4-5 years. In case of run away escalation, we are royally screwed. So going forward the only option left to buy an apartment would be to buy a ready to move in place. If that is the case, not sure how the builders are going to finance their operations. Seems like a catch 22 situation.

Also, not sure how folks who have a great exposure to bank loans will manage the escalation factor.

Seems like you walk into a restaurant and the menu prices would not be visible to you until you actually finish eating.
              Last edited February 21 2014, 05:34 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Well the pitch dark area is giving the sunny side up a run for its money with its clear and visible end product with realistic approach. The sunny side is not able to compete with the pitch darkness on occupancy rates

I do believe and know customization as a normal practice is smoothly happening right from small and medium builders to big ones. That cant be a valid reason for PVC.

I can see a visible post posted just now from an shocked buyer who came to know about the PVC clause...most probably not mentioned by the marketing team. Well this project is not for the faint hearted nor for people who have money and wants a quality product. but for someone who can understand PERT , CPM and gestation periods.

Despite buying scissors either for hundred rupees or thousand rupees, its the talent in the hand and clear knowledge in the mind which can deliver.

U cant do a military cut and ask for a step cutting half way.

Originally posted by REC2013 View Post
                It's pathetic to compare EP with Hira . It is almost like comparing dark pitch area with bright sun slide area .

Customization is the core of RE as many used to buy bare flat and lay their own tiles, paint as per choice with fittings and fixtures.

For a new first time flat buyers , it is new but bit for us as we have 25 years experience in Flat purchases and it's contractual obligations, sale of goods act, FM,LD clause and our own inserted special clause for TLP, CLP clause

We have PVC for LME linked commodities for the products being purchased and Hira too of late started using this PVC as gestation period of project is longer .

PERT ,CPM charts and long gestation period suggests PVC for efficiently handling and delivering the Project .

Because one can not buy buildings materials at fixed price for 36 floors of 8 flats per floor in single day at same price and stock in warehouse like retailer. It is for the stockists to do but not builders to do so

Barber and Tailor differently use scissors but former can be frequent Buyer and needs varieties but later is not so and nit requiring varieties

Comment

Originally posted by srivat View Post
                  Most builder agreement in India says that the project can be cancelled either way with the penalty clause. Is it not better to shelve the project than dragging the project for years in search of buyers?
                  srivat - i agree its better to cancel than drag out a project
                  when you walk into a brand like HIRA - do you really think about
                  Builder reputation ?
                  Will this builder cause unduly delays
                  will this builder cancel this project after 1-2 years
                  Please be honest 2 years prior walking into HIRA would you have asked these questions /
                  Im talking about a common man in chennai

Comment

Originally posted by maverick007 View Post

If a buyer thinks that by paying 10-30% down fully knowing the risks in under construction (project not taking off included), and wants to enjoy the ride with a small advance and expecting the builder to honor the commitment, no matter what is like wanting the reward assuming no risk. What if the buyer walks out in that stage? Contract terms will take care of it. So, there is a phase in every project where the risks of buyer/seller walking away is fairly high and implicit. Even in advanced stages, the contract terms should spell out what are your legal rights. So, if you blindly sign and think the trust/brand take care of it, welcome to India - it is business at the end of the day.
                    Hmm - mav are you suggesting that when i walk into a brand builder such as prestige / hira or brigade i need to be equally factored from a risk as how a buyer could default on his promise so can the builder ?
                    This is far fetched IMHO - we approach a builder with an element of trust - when you got appaswamy what do you think - does it not cross your mind - these guys will deliver on their promise ?
                    I dont buy flats from any brands i could care least, but common chennai vasi does and thats the point.

Originally posted by maverick007 View Post
                    For a project in that nascent stage of Seagull, it is not fair, IMO, to equate the fulfillment or realization of the project to the brand and trust and to term it as failure. If they had paid 10-12% interest as the contract mandated, they are good. You did not commit to the project at full price and there was an upside which was discounted at the price in which the contract was entered which assumed the implicit risk of project not taking off. If this implicit risk is not understood, it is the problem with the buyer.
                    What are you talking about - are you suggesting that buying an end-use 3C property in seagull is like buying a TSLA call for 20$ premium -- again far fetched comparison -
                    I dont consider seagull investors as speculators including clair and many others known to have invested looked for Enduse only
                    Upside was discounted ??? Im puzzled - i thought MAV had the position all builders / developers /promoters forward price by 2-3 years and eat away the premium leaving it dry.
                    how come your position is changed for HIRA ?

Some of the well-known cos around the world with a clean no-layoff record had to lay off people in 2001 - some of them hired 6 mos before. Was that a blot in their track record? Yes. Did it affect the brand? No. They still continue to be the preferred employers. Your actions and circumstances driving it decides whether it is a company specific phenomenon or an environment induced phenomenon. If latter, your brand value is unlikely to take a hit. However, if it becomes a routine and higher percentage of projects take the same route, then it will and becomes a failure.
                    Again laying off employees due to economic environment will be cheered by investors of the stock but the employee base's trust will be impacted, i worked and lived through the company that made the most popular programming language of our ages during the boom / doom. The companies that have large scale layoffs still being in admired list is an exception not the norm
                    I can show you the list year over year
                    Wegmans, Salesforce.com, SAS ( north carolina) , Netapp etc are there in this list for a good reason and layoffs is not one of them

Comment

Originally posted by SRaj001 View Post
                      Wegmans, Salesforce.com, SAS ( north carolina) , Netapp etc are there in this list for a good reason and layoffs is not one of them
                      SAS is not a public listed company, It is worlds largest privately held IT company.

No share holders pressure for them that is why they reinvest most of their profits back in to R&D and staffs. That is why they consistently they are in the top companies to work for list all over the world. They do look after their staffs.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X