Collapse

Hiranandani Upscale House of Hiranandani OMR Chennai

Last updated: October 10 2017
1893 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Hiranandani Upscale House of Hiranandani OMR Chennai

With such clauses how many people are going to buy in this tower. If the sales is poor they may scrap this tower too.. or it may be delayed for long long years...

Comment

My option will be

Cancel - and ask them to pay the interest till the apartment get resold .

Originally posted by kannan82 View Post
      We have been trying very hard to get the escalation clause removed without any additional cost (for several weeks), but Hira is not agreeing at all

Looks like there are only 3 options for people booked in Amalfi.

1) Sign the agreement with escalation clause (they estimate that the escalation cost could be around Rs. 300 per sq.ft. based on the RBI indices during last 5 years. But actual escalation cost could be much higher or lower)

2) Agree to pay additional Rs. 300 per sq.ft. as part of the base price and they would remove escalation clause from the agreement

3) Cancel the apartment booking (In this case there will be a 1% cancellation fee and they would return remaining amount only after apartment is resold. This is unethical)

Any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Arunag View Post
        My option will be

Cancel - and ask them to pay the interest till the apartment get resold .
        Long time, @Anurag.

The question is does the initial paperwork (or contract) talk about escalation clause and cancelation fee. It is important to know what was signed.

If it does, then I think you will have to cancel it with fee, 1% is not a big amount you can make it up in the next deal as it is a slow market now.

If it does not, then you can cancel the booking showing the change in terms. You can also ask for interest charges if they delay return of the payment. I am assuming most did not even get past booking advance, so it might not be a big amount.

I think it is better to consult a lawyer to get more clarity on paperwork that was already signed, and get options.

Comment

Suck it up pay the 300INR premium enjoy the HIRA pride

Comment

Thanks SRaj, Arunag, K11 for your suggestions.

Only documents we have so far are Quotation & Allotment letter.

They had not mentioned about Escalation Clause in either document.

Quotation had following condition mentioned regarding Cancellation:

In case of Cancellation, charges shall be levied, subject to a minimum of 1% of the flat cost and refund will be processed only after the flat is resold.

But in this case, cancellation is an option forced on us due to the sudden introduction of escalation clause on their end. But Hira is insisting that the same cancellation policy would apply in this case also.

I had already requested for immediate refund of booking amount with interest. But they are adamant in their stance that there will be a 1% cancellation charge + refund will be done only after flat is resold (which may take a long time).

Comment

It is unfair to penalise you in this situation where they have not disclosed all the term and conditions.

If they have not disclosed the fact that there will be PVC then you have a good chance of full refurb with interest if you send a legal notice.

Your post will serve as a warning to all potential buyers in Hira.

Are you sure there is no indication of PVC or future change in price clause in the initial docs that you signed?

If not, you should seriously take it up further.

Comment

The ways to budge them:

Group the affected buyers
                As a group conduct meetings df them or their rep
                Create as much as propoganda of the unfair behavior of the builder.
                Keep a influential lawyer with your group-ensure the lawyer is a honest guy
                Arrange protest near Hira office
                Issue legal notice
                Bring attention of press
                Issue legal notice, but be ready for a outside the legal settlement

But it require lot of effort, time, unity and determination.

Not only affected buyers, why we (not buyers of Hira) shall not support them. We are not here to just pass comments and keep quite. We are all working professionals, why we should not support these affected guys (if they are determined in the first place). Let's all the OMR invested guys join together, create a group, take the genuine issues (only issues that is against the written commitment) of these cheating builders. If you guys come together, I am ready to support such movement in the way possible/suitable. All the best.

Comment

I have learnt in a hard way. I will never pay a single rupee without looking into draft agreement. In my recent case I walked out of North town project as they refused to provide me with the draft agreement. Never pay to the builder without getting a copy of agreement.

Comment

How can a reputed builder like Hira choose not to honor their own Quotation and Allotment letter which does not have escalation, and suddenly enforce escalation via agreement which comes at a later point in time post booking ???

Buyer would definitely be taken aback with such clause not mentioned earlier. For a builder like Hira, 300 Rs psf is a small amount to suck up for their own mistake in not advising their customer upfront, but for a buyer it is clearly not a small money!!!

This clearly shows the dishonesty of builder, and customers might not trust this builder anymore if they don't change their stance to salvage their reputation. Potential buyers to AVOID this builder if this is the attitude they show to their customers

Originally posted by kannan82 View Post
                    Thanks SRaj, Arunag, K11 for your suggestions.

Only documents we have so far are Quotation & Allotment letter.

They had not mentioned about Escalation Clause in either document.

Quotation had following condition mentioned regarding Cancellation:

In case of Cancellation, charges shall be levied, subject to a minimum of 1% of the flat cost and refund will be processed only after the flat is resold.

But in this case, cancellation is an option forced on us due to the sudden introduction of escalation clause on their end. But Hira is insisting that the same cancellation policy would apply in this case also.

I had already requested for immediate refund of booking amount with interest. But they are adamant in their stance that there will be a 1% cancellation charge + refund will be done only after flat is resold (which may take a long time).
                    Last edited April 18 2014, 09:37 PM.

Comment

I just want to share my experience with Hira. I booked the apartment in Amalfi and later I cancelled it. As per the allotment agreement, I supposed to pay 1% cancellation fee, it would be more than 1 lakh. I agreed for the Cancellation fee and I told them to deduct the cancellation fee and refund my advance. To my surprise, they said, they would deduct only Rs 29000 as Cancellation fee and they refunded my advance after deducting 29000 within two months. So, even though, the agreement says, the cancellation fee is 1% and the advance would be refunded only after they sold the apartment, I don't think, they strictly enforce it.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X