Last updated: October 10 2017
1893 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Hiranandani Upscale House of Hiranandani OMR Chennai

Originally posted by sundarjp View Post
    Kannan,
    Best thing would be to show the intial docs to a lawyer and seek legal opinion. If lawyer confirm what they r doing is not legal, you can send a notice to them seeking full compensation for the initial payment and interest for the opportunities lost in this 2 yr time period. Cant believe they r asking cancellation fee ( that would 1.5 lakhs in ur case) on top of this. Shows how unethical these big players can get to. Thanks for bringing it on this forum. This is of gr8 benefit to perspective buyers. Good luck.
    Thanks Sundar. Yes, this is very unethical on Hira's part. Will see what can be done.

Comment

Originally posted by kannan82 View Post
      Thanks Sundar. Yes, this is very unethical on Hira's part. Will see what can be done.
      kannan,

I understand you have plan to R2I in few years and from reading your past posts it seems you are already stretched with your investments in GW. I assume your interest in Hira was due to its brand, quality and primarily the staggered payment plan. Here are few suggestions for you

1. If you can extend your expected taking over of the flat by + 2/3 years..I suggest you dont worry too much about the 300 rs/sqft increase..It will be covered by inflation and interest outgo for that period.

2. Do consider moving to another tower such as Tiana at a discounted price, that will work well both ways for you..Funds could be an issue but I am sure that can be discussed with them.

3. Forego the cancellation cost and write-off as loss and identify some other project of your liking quickly, The delay in making your decision can prove costly due to opportunity cost than the cancellation amount you will be losing with HIRA.

Finally, dont sell your plots at GW, plan to build a house for yourself as a backup plan just in case. All the best.

Comment

If there is an equivalent of MOFA Act (maharastra flat ownership) in TN, then builder will pay heed although will drag little bit. Invoke it and start sending basic reminders listing all the deviations and asking for explantion why you should not cancel and expect full refund asap. Send a legal notice and file case with consumer court based on the value in question.

Comment

Thanks Abishek!!!

Originally posted by nabishek View Post
          kannan,
          I understand you have plan to R2I in few years and from reading your past posts it seems you are already stretched with your investments in GW. I assume your interest in Hira was due to its brand, quality and primarily the staggered payment plan. Here are few suggestions for you
          Yes, you are correct.

1. If you can extend your expected taking over of the flat by + 2/3 years..I suggest you dont worry too much about the 300 rs/sqft increase..It will be covered by inflation and interest outgo for that period.
          This seems like the better option if they can't refund the booking amount soon (prior to resale of the apt) and if I couldn't take the legal route (given I am located remotely)

2. Do consider moving to another tower such as Tiana at a discounted price, that will work well both ways for you..Funds could be an issue but I am sure that can be discussed with them.
          I booked this apt for end-use and I already explored other upcoming towers and none of them suited my needs. I didn't consider RTM apts since I don't have an immediate need and I prefer staggered payment plan over next 3-4 years. Thats why, moving to another tower wouldn't be a good option for me.

3. Forego the cancellation cost and write-off as loss and identify some other project of your liking quickly, The delay in making your decision can prove costly due to opportunity cost than the cancellation amount you will be losing with HIRA.
          Its not just about cancellation amount. They would refund balance only after apt is resold (which may take 2 months or 1 year or 3 years). Thats the high risk part.

I was hoping that I can convince them to refund the balance asap (even if they don't provide interest). With that hope, I even started exploring another project in OMR.

But Hira is not willing to compromise on their cancellation clause and they are saying that they can't refund the balance till flat is resold. Thats making option 1 relatively better than 3. I will think through this for some more time and make a decision.

Thanks again!!!
          Last edited April 23 2014, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rsrsin View Post
            If there is an equivalent of MOFA Act (maharastra flat ownership) in TN, then builder will pay heed although will drag little bit. Invoke it and start sending basic reminders listing all the deviations and asking for explantion why you should not cancel and expect full refund asap. Send a legal notice and file case with consumer court based on the value in question.
            Thanks rsrsin for your suggestion. Given that I am currently not in Chennai, I am unsure of the feasibility of taking legal action.

Comment

Hearing all this, better to stay away from Hira

Comment

Customer experience redefined !!!! People comparing this with some luxury sedan....for God sake....this is nowhere near Luxury nor premium with these fiascos !!! There is no Premium Brand in India, PERIOD! What we pay by "imagining" it as Premium is nothing but our own foolhardiness!

Comment

Seems one really need superior negotiating skills and craftiness in dealing with this builder apart from paying money. It is this uncertainty and just like that stalling of towers that makes many people in omr to scout for other projects.

Cancelling one tower, cornering the customer with an only approach route to RTM flats in existing towers seems to be the base plan for this builder.

It is better one do their due diligence before booking into such projects.

We may hear words like many people are ready to jump in , one person sidelined me ...please wait check and then proceed.

Cheers

Comment

i already cancelled n got d money bak. Its nt abt u getting d money back r with 1% deduction...... its abt d lost opportunities n d meantime. D othr project of my interest increasd d price by 1000 psf n d meantime.....these $$es never mentiond d clause 2 me initially. Cheap mark. tactic 2 force d buyers 2 other towers. Wit most of d buyers being investor n NRIs.......I hope dis become a ghost town of chennai. Endusers shud stay away frm Hira.
                    Last edited May 29 2014, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Well suddenly many buyers in Hira are turning against this superior brand
                      Eanga andha L4L , he must have been waiting for this day ?

When i visited this project 2 years back, i had a slight urge to get in, but after running numbers it made no sense to me
                      and i stuck to my under 1000rs plot approach and continue to excute it.

Large expensive putting more eggs in one basket for RE investment in chennai is not wise choice, regardless of how good the brand can be.

Unitech GW falls in this category - Phase 1 is ok, Phase 2 at 96Lakhs is too much of a high risk bet
                      It will end being like nallambakkam where sellers are trying to sell their plots at 2500 to 2800 a sqft in VK road where the market just does not exist.
                      Near by layouts are trading at 1300-1600 range.
                      So paying the ultra high builder premium for a brand is not the chennai way to invest in real estate
                      It may be the way to get a house and live there and these are 2 different things , the rule i always follow, the primary house in which you live is a place to live , never see that as an investment.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X